When did your hopes die?

LilyRoseAllen

17 hours ago, Martini said:

I still have a tiny bit of hope for her but I guess the unnecessary plastic surgery, BJ, extended time in Vegas and seeing her lack of passion at times made me turn in my Stan card :britdrown:

(im still a fan tho) :sneer:

this, tbh.

the Britney Jean thing, sold as her 'most personal album ever' when it was clearly not the case (judging by lyrics, her inputs on it and so on) and the fact that it was surrounded by an obvious POM LAs Vegas promo product...

i mean, who do they think they are fooling tbh? are they thinking that people, specially Britney fans, are that dumb? :ineedthetruth:

in a time where most of the real artists are scrutinised by their efforts, inputs and messages in their songs, Britney just keeps doing the same old thing like it was 1999. that's what makes me sad in recent years. 

i'm still a fan tho. but i just gave it naturally to follow her daily and be excited with a new post of her or whatever.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something changed for me when I found out she didnt sing in most of BJ. I mean, I knew she wasn't delivering on stage the way she used to, she was awkward on interviews and she seemed off most of the times but even so, I could take all that because I still had her music. When I realized she wasn't singing her own songs I kind of like said to myself "why are you stanning so much for someone who doesn't give a single **** about her platform and career?"  I still love her but I definitely don't expect much of her these days. She's come a long way and she seems happy and more involved but the truth is that you never know whats up with her. So, idk, I guess that's that.   

4 hours ago, LilyRoseAllen said:

That might sound weird, but I'm bored at work so I began to listen to BJ on Spotify and told to myself: this is exactly when you really felt that something was now off for Britney. I know that I was really excited about this album, even though I wasn't sure what to think about will.i.**** being the exec producer for this album. After listening to the album few times, I kind of quit listening to it. It was the first time I didn't listen to a Britney album in full for the next 6 months everyday. 

I also really love Glory but I know that I wasn't as excited as I was for each of her albums. And I'm a fan since the BOMT single... :kyliecry:

What about you guys? :mattafact:

When I watched Hiam vid the first time.
I already had a bad, bad feeling... but when I saw her dead looking eyes, boring and bored attitued, afwul dancing and total lack of interest I had the biggest meltdown ever.
I still cannot watch Hiam music video at all. That was the day I told myelf "ok, she's never really coming back".
And I've been a fan since Oops, I've been waiting for danceney to come back since ******* Outrageous ******* knee ******* accident.

2 hours ago, Juano said:

Something changed for me when I found out she didnt sing in most of BJ. I mean, I knew she wasn't delivering on stage the way she used to, she was awkward on interviews and she seemed off most of the times but even so, I could take all that because I still had her music. When I realized she wasn't singing her own songs I kind of like said to myself "why are you stanning so much for someone who doesn't give a single **** about her platform and career?"  I still love her but I definitely don't expect much of her these days. She's come a long way and she seems happy and more involved but the truth is that you never know whats up with her. So, idk, I guess that's that.   

Britney destroyed her career :kyliecry:  BJ should have never occurred  

Glory is a great album, scrapped project, but good album :kyliecry:

My hope officially (meaning for real, no joke, literally) died after the VMA performance in 2016. The fact that she gave absolutely no f*cks about presenting herself as the amazing performer that she always was, plus lip syncing the entire **** as if she's actually dancing well enough to mime, like she has done nothing to prove anyone wrong not even us and she was extremely mediocre and a lot of pop girls nowadays would have been able to pull off the exact same performance she did and some may even do it a little better. She's literally been letting Beyonce and others steal the show even at her tribute. Let's not forget the Make Me MV fuckery that happened before that. 

However, the last BBMA performance was decent and I think she's should've tried to improve from there but I guess she wants to do the minimum. 

1 hour ago, BritneysOldNose said:

the plastic surgery botox **** killed my love for her 

not the same person anymore 

I wonder if people know that she hates her 20s?

That said it's obvious its only her lips (which she got work on in the 2000s)  that have really changed.

Fans (and obviously she herself) should be more invested in her being a better performer rather than focusing on her face.

Archived