Britney X Factor Looks - Appreciation Thread

Andrew338

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The X Factor USA was not Britney’s greatest career move - she just didn’t suit the role or the format - some people are just not cut out to be TV Judges. 

With regards to Britney’s look throughout the series, it was a mess to say the least; bad hair, terrible Make-up and questionable dress sense. Britney did not look her best. In fact she looked quite rough. HOWEVER the 2 looks that I think were on point and standouts were... 

60990c7e6e285eaa6b53ebb7d1003536--collar

AND 

1352469376_britney-spears-zoom.jpg

9 minutes ago, umr3000 said:

The X Factor USA was not Britney’s greatest career move - she just didn’t suit the role or the format - some people are just not cut out to be TV Judges. 

With regards to Britney’s look throughout the series, it was a mess to say the least; bad hair, terrible Make-up and questionable dress sense. Britney did not look her best. In fact she looked quite rough. HOWEVER the 2 looks that I think were on point and standouts were... 

60990c7e6e285eaa6b53ebb7d1003536--collar

AND 

1352469376_britney-spears-zoom.jpg

She did great as a judge imo. They paid for her name and to get a part of her fanbase which she did get. She also kept her views 'Britney' ish and did not alienate her core fanbase. 

This is something the Katy Perrys and the like need to understand X factor is a cheque and they give it to you for just turning up don't do anything that will damage your brand. As that's why they paid you in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Betty1994 said:

She did great as a judge imo. They paid for her name and to get a part of her fanbase which she did get. She also kept her views 'Britney' ish and did not alienate her core fanbase. 

This is something the Katy Perrys and the like need to understand X factor is a cheque and they give it to you for just turning up don't do anything that will damage your brand. As that's why they paid you in the first place.

Valid points! But I also think The X Factor USA was beneath Britney and was a step down rather than a step up! She should be aiming higher and more upmarket especially with the pop royalty status she holds. 

10 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

Hmm, I don't know if I'd agree with your assessment. Prior to "The X Factor," the GP was basically fascinated with Britney; they had been since the inception of her career, and that only intensified following the breakdown and relative mystery surrounding it. So I think people were really intrigued by her, at least up until the FF and X-Factor eras. But during that time, she came across as extremely robotic, unrelatable and just not terribly likable (considering how people have always praised her for being extremely sweet, I'd chalk this shift in her persona up to nerves. Severe anxiety can make a person appear very aloof, disengaged, and even rude).

Nevertheless, millions of people tuned in and watched a very disinterested Britney with very little to say. If she had been at a good place in her life at the time, and was acting like her normal goofy self, I think it would've actually helped her career substantially (e.g., prompting former fans to fall in love with her again), but unfortunately, I think the opposite occurred, and she actually lost quite a bit of the public's interest.

3 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Hmm, I don't know if I'd agree with your assessment. Prior to X-Factor, the GP was basically fascinated with Britney; they had been since the inception of her career, and that only intensified following the breakdown and relative mystery surrounding it. So I think people were really intrigued by her, at least up until the FF and X-Factor eras. But during that time, she came across as extremely robotic, unrelatable and just not terribly likable (considering how people have always praised her for being extremely sweet, I'd chalk this shift in her persona up to nerves. Severe anxiety can make a person appear very aloof, disengaged, and even rude).

Nevertheless, millions of people tuned in and watched a very disinterested Britney with very little to say. If she had been at a good place in her life at the time, and was acting like her normal goofy self, I think it would've actually helped her career substantially (e.g., prompting former fans to fall in love with her again), but unfortunately, I think the opposite occurred, and she actually lost quite a bit of the public's interest.

bad decision I guess :kyliecry:

I think no girl wants to be like femme fataleney and xfactorney :kyliecry: Im not sure with gloryney :kyliecry:

10 hours ago, JP9101 said:

bad decision I guess :kyliecry:

I think no girl wants to be like femme fataleney and xfactorney :kyliecry: Im not sure with gloryney :kyliecry:

It was all just terrible timing; anyone could plainly see that Britney wasn't in a good place for those few years, and yet she was promoting a really big album, doing a world tour and was the main attraction on a live TV show several nights a week. It was really poor management and judgement on the part of her team, as she clearly needed a lengthy break at that point. I mean, frequently throughout the FF/X-Factor eras, she couldn't even be bothered to pretend hiding how miserable she was.

I felt really sorry for her that whole time, and didn't even continue watching "The X Factor" (or attend the FF tour, even though it came to my city). I honestly felt guilty just buying the FF album, because I felt complicit in providing her team with more of the money they'd squeezed out of her name, at the expense of Britney's well-being. 

That probably sounds dramatic, but it's honestly how I feel about that period in her career.

20 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Hmm, I don't know if I'd agree with your assessment. Prior to X-Factor, the GP was basically fascinated with Britney; they had been since the inception of her career, and that only intensified following the breakdown and relative mystery surrounding it. So I think people were really intrigued by her, at least up until the FF and X-Factor eras. But during that time, she came across as extremely robotic, unrelatable and just not terribly likable (considering how people have always praised her for being extremely sweet, I'd chalk this shift in her persona up to nerves. Severe anxiety can make a person appear very aloof, disengaged, and even rude).

I would agree with this, I don't think she came across well at all on there. The clip when that contestant gives her the flowers still makes me cringe, she literally says NOTHING to him and just gives him looks like he's something she's stepped in. I felt so bad for him! 

Plus yes, she seemed robotic and not happy to be there. I remember feeling awkward watching her but that may be my issue because I feel awkward now most of the time especially when she touches her hair, it gives me the same kinds of feelings.

25 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Currentney could have been better 

10 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

It was all just terrible timing; anyone could plainly see that Britney wasn't in a good place for those few years, and yet she was promoting a really big album, doing a world tour and was the main attraction on a live TV show several nights a week. It was really poor management and judgement on the part of her team, as she clearly needed a lengthy break at that point. I mean, frequently throughout the FF/X-Factor eras, she couldn't even be bothered to pretend hiding how miserable she was.

I felt really sorry for her that whole time, and didn't even continue watching The X-Factor (or attend the FF tour, even though it came to my city). I honestly felt guilty just buying the FF album, because I felt complicit in providing her team with more of the money they'd squeezed out of her name, at the expense of Britney's well-being. 

That probably sounds dramatic, but it's honestly how I feel about that period in her career.

You're absolutely right. This is one of the reasons she needs a new management. #FireLarry

4 minutes ago, Britneylandia said:

Currentney could have been better 

Definitely agree, she was extremely likable and charming during the Glory promo (e.g., Jonathan Ross). That's why I maintain FF/X-Factor was primarily just terrible timing; at a later date, they could've been good choices for her professionally (even though I'm not really a fan of the FF album itself, but that's beside the point).

10 minutes ago, Hope said:

You're absolutely right. This is one of the reasons she needs a new management. #FireLarry

And, IMO, shouldn't have a parent making major career decisions on her behalf, particularly when he's profiting from it. I know views on Jamie Spears are mixed, but I think it's pretty much always a bad idea to have a parent managing their famous child. It's an unnatural dynamic and messed-up role reversal, especially since most of the celebrities with managerial parents have been working in that capacity since childhood (just like Britney). It erodes all boundaries and sense of normalcy and trust between the two parties.

2 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Definitely agree, she was extremely likable and charming during the Glory promo (e.g., Jonathan Ross). That's why I maintain FF/X-Factor was primarily just terrible timing; at a later date, they could've been good choices for her professionally (even though I'm not really a fan of the FF album itself, but that's beside the point).

i agree, and she looke cute in those UK tv shows. 

She should be a judge in the voice 2018 and be herself, it's a know fact that "the voice" is good for the judges since they get more exposure than contestants. Release a new album and reach the gp with the exposure from the show

#HireMe

:imok:

9 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Well I wasn't a fan really prior to X factor but am not us based. People abroad didn't watch the show per sey but saw her image on numerous occasions and that's what was important. 

I think it really increased her fanbase abroad and I think that is the main aim in the coming years of her management as European and East Asian fandom so are far more loyal to the pop star products notably album sales. I have little doubt that Britney could release a Japanese album and sell a million like Debbie Gibson did in her later years.

1 hour ago, Betty1994 said:

Well I wasn't a fan really prior to X factor but am not us based. People abroad didn't watch the show per sey but saw her image on numerous occasions and that's what was important. 

I think it really increased her fanbase abroad and I think that is the main aim in the coming years of her management as European and East Asian fandom so are far more loyal to the pop star products notably album sales. I have little doubt that Britney could release a Japanese album and sell a million like Debbie Gibson did in her later years.

That's cool that "The X Factor" is what exposed you to Britney and made you a fan! :) I've been a fan since I was a little kid (1998), and having grown up with her being so massively popular, and then watching that popularity substantially decline over the years, I think I have a tendency to forget she's still continued to gain new fans throughout the past few years. But that's great, and I agree completely she needs more consistent worldwide exposure to continue garnering new fans and become relevant to the current generation.

I currently reside in the US but am originally from Europe, and I can attest to the fact that back home, people tend to be much more loyal fans and lifelong listeners of their favorite artists. In the US, the music industry is simply oversaturated with way too many new artists at any given time, and everyone's attention span is so damn short that the general public just kind of bandwagons their support for whoever has a hit song at the moment (only to abandon them the moment their music is no longer considered "cool"--Katy Perry is a perfect example of this).

Prior to the mini-Asia tour Britney did this past summer, I was also actually arguing how successful such a venture would be, even when others were convinced she had no remaining international audience. My viewpoint was largely bolstered by seeing how incredibly successful the Backstreet Boys were when they toured throughout Asia a few short years ago. They broke all prior records by selling out a Chinese stadium in under a minute, or something insane like that! So I knew Britney could attain that success as well.

7 hours ago, Andrew338 said:

i agree, and she looke cute in those UK tv shows. 

She should be a judge in the voice 2018 and be herself, it's a know fact that "the voice" is good for the judges since they get more exposure than contestants. Release a new album and reach the gp with the exposure from the show

#HireMe

:imok:

Well the problem with "The Voice" is precisely the emphasis on live vocal abilities, at least by the female judges (Adam Levine's voice is really subpar and I don't understand how he got the gig other than massive commercial success). And while we know Britney actually does naturally have a good voice, (albeit one in need of training), I really doubt she'd ever feel confident enough to be vocally coaching others when she doesn't even sing her own songs live. 

For 2018, Kelly Clarkson has already been confirmed as one of the female judges for "The Voice," so I just don't see Britney fitting in comfortably with that kind of vocal powerhouse. 

Plus, Britney was always much more of an entertainer than a vocalist, which is why the premise of "The X Factor" was technically perfect for her (unfortunately, the show itself--at least, the US edition), was really underwhelming in its presentation and didn't click with viewers at all.

17 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Well the problem with "The Voice" is precisely the emphasis on live vocal abilities, at least by the female judges (Adam Levine's voice is really subpar and I don't understand how he got the gig other than massive commercial success). And while we know Britney actually does naturally have a good voice, (albeit one in need of training), I really doubt she'd ever feel confident enough to be vocally coaching others when she doesn't even sing her own songs live. 

For 2018, Kelly Clarkson has already been confirmed as one of the female judges for "The Voice," so I just don't see Britney fitting in comfortably with that kind of vocal powerhouse. 

Plus, Britney was always much more of an entertainer than a vocalist, which is why the premise of "The X-Factor" was technically perfect for her (unfortunately, the show itself--at least, the US edition), was really underwhelming in its presentation and didn't click with viewers at all.

She may have been better suited for Americas got talent , I mean felt more comfortable. 

Archived