Why Mood Ring should've been the lead Glory single

jamesedward94

Mood Ring is one of, if not the best, produced song on the album in my opinion. It has a very edgy and current sound to it. To me, it sounds very similar to Needed Me by Rihanna, with a hip hop leaning sound. I think it would've caught people's attention bc it sounds a lot different than any of her recent music and it's not just the same high pitched vocals from her normal pop singles. Her vocals on the song are also my personal favorite from the album. She sounds like herself on it and in my opinion her vocals are FLAWLESS. The production on it make her sounds so good! I especially love the rifts she does and head voice parts at the end and the echo added to her vocals throughout the song. I think DJ Mustard did an INCREDIBLE job! I have consistently listened to Mood Ring since it came out and I will probably always love it. It's one of the only songs from Glory that to this day I still sincerely love listening to and I am still in disbelief that it did not make the standard OR deluxe edition and only made it on to the Japanese version! I really truly believe it could've been a top 10 or potential number one if it had been released over Make Me as the lead.

By the way, just in case anyone wondered, you can hear the full song on Vimeo. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

While I agree that the song is amazing and I still listen to it endlessly but make me was the perfect lead single and it did well, with better promotion, it would've slayed.

I'm definitely glad it was a single, and it sounds amazing as well, I just prefer Mood Ring. Make Me could've been the second single. And better could've been the third. Or maybe they could've gone upbeat with Do You Wanna as the second single and then Make Me as the third, with Better as a possible fourth single if the era was that successful.

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I'm definitely glad it was a single, and it sounds amazing as well, I just prefer Mood Ring. Make Me could've been the second single. And better could've been the third. Or maybe they could've gone upbeat with Do You Wanna as the second single and then Make Me as the third, with Better as a possible fourth single if the era was that successful.

I agree, it could've been the second single, I'm not much of a sp fan anyways so it would have been perfect.

Agreed. The way britney talked about how moody glory was... she should of had mood ring as the lead single. It's such a beautiful DJ produced song and it's very trippy. Britney needs to explore more down that road.  She sounds so well in that genre direction 

yes :tiffsniffle:

it's my favorite song (sometimes 2nd favorite depending on my mood :uknowit:

i would have it worked a bit like they did with Criminal when they released it, but i would have loved to hear that song on the radio. I would have preferred the single released in this order : Mood Ring, Do You Wanna Come Over, Make Me, Love Me Down

It is a normal R&b song. No one cares that it is different for Britney, mm was different for Britney as well.

I like the song but I don't understand how it's so overrated. :wyd:

The song would have done terrible..

It should be released on iTunes though and been on the standard but I also understand why it wasnt

Archived