Your fav Glory lyrics

Enzo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MAN ON THE MOON...

"Patience, darling, wait for the night. Darkness comes and love comes alive."

I feel this line is about finding inner peace and becoming fertile ground where love can bloom. She's comforting herself and the others who long for acceptance and connection. And the beautiful, hopeful melody brings it home. 

IF I'M DANCING...

"Cinematic take it right back with a bottle of perfume lotion. Where'd you come from talkin like that butterfly from the bottom of the ocean."

It's a weird, wonderful, half-remembered dream. It's a reminder that language is a game to be played and played with. It's proof of magic. 

"He plays sitar, three notes so far."

The ecstasy.

"My chakra's open green and red. But he wants blue and green instead."

The agony. 

MM: "Baby 'cause, you're the spark that won't go out, my heart's on fire when you're around"

MOTM: "Drinking alone in my party dress, would you come back if I looked my best"

JLM: "And you don't gotta say it, I know that I'm worthy"

LMD: "I see who you are with the lights out, we're better just skin to skin" 

WYN: "Bringing out the fire inside of me", "Gun's out to the finish line, it's winner's time"

Liar: "I ain't ******* with your dirty laundry"

CÉ: "J'oublié le monde, quand tu fais-moi l'amour", "Tu es la lumière"

8 hours ago, Yukisenpi28 said:

Im just going to stop here before I take up this whole page :NYsassy:

Invitation - You evoke the feeling, this feeling I've been dreaming of... :mcry:

Make Me... - Baby, 'cause you're the spark that won't go out, my heart's on fire when you're around... :bootyney:

If I'm Dancing - The jewels and furniture can go but baby, he stays... :lustney:

6 minutes ago, Oliver T said:

"You're the spark that won't go out, my heart's on fire when you're around" :crying2:

Idk why but this sentence gives me goosebumps every time. I love the way it sounds :pieceofwhat: 

Right? I thought I was the only one. It makes me feel so in love lol I can't properly explain it

Also,

Es-tu Français?

On 7/28/2017 at 4:07 PM, Enzo said:

What are your fav lines off Glory and why? I just love MOTM:

I can't compare with the stars in the sky I'm invisible...

Basically sums up all the insecurities we have and the lack of attention we think we get. Like I'm nothing special, others look better than I do / are more successful etc, therefore no one even notices me :nervousney:

What are yours? Don't forget to explain why, I love reading different interpretations  :likethat:

Took the words right my mouth mouth. When glory came out I was talking to this guy who got around a lot, and MOTM, esp those lyrics, really spoke to me, cause I felt like I just didn't have whatever all the other people he was talking to had. Amazing song.  

Oh and also, "bare it like it's your first time" cause I wanted him to stop being a hoe for me ig lol

6 hours ago, Oliver T said:

Ah oui? Tu veux devenir professeur?

Je prépare les concours en France pour devenir professeur d'anglais ici : ) !

Américain?

Ah non, je suis Indien. Aussi, je veux devenir un astrophysicien. Je suis en 1ère. Ton objectif est génial! Continuez!

Invitation: " Let inhibitions come undone"

DYWCO: "Nobody should be alone if they don't have to be"

Make Me...: "You're the spark that won't go out, my heart's on fire when you're around"

Private Show: "All my tricks they're spectacular, my encore is immaculate"

MOTM: "I can't compete with the stars in the sky, I'm invisible"

Just Luv Me (this one is hard, all the lyrics are pure perfection): "I don't need nobody when i'm breaking" - "I'm gonna keep it simple, real simple,  just love me" - "Oh no I won't ask you for nothing''...

Clumsy: "Call me a fool, call me insane, but don't call it a day, closer to you, closer to pain, it's better than far away"

Slumber Party: "Put on our music that's makes us go ******* crazy oh"

Just like me: "Before I think I start to run, but you can't even face me"

Love Me Down: "Round and 'round we go till we fall like dominoes"

Hard To Forget Ya: "Since I tasted you I got a craving shaking in the heat of the night"

What You Need: "Bringin' out the fire inside of me"

Better: "And if you wanna get real, and if you wanna get honest, than baby you know the deal"

Change Your Mind: "I can see it in your eyes, that you wanna be polite, that you wanna treat me right, oh my"

Liar (it's hard too): "Left, right, nowhere to turn, I'm left in the ashes from the bridges you burn" - "It's to late for apologies, nothing you can offer me now" + the entire chorus

If I'm Dancing: "If I'm Dancing, I know the music's good"

Coupure Electrique: "Un moment avec toi, dans le noir"

Mood Ring: "And now i'm falling for you, I turn to golden from blue" ''I've turned some hearts into stones and I can't hide it no more"

yes or no but not maybes

I know it might seem crazy but I'ma put you in this blindfold. I just need you to trust me that you see more with your eyes closed

I can't compare with the stars in the sky I'm invisible...

Baby, 'cause you’re the spark that won’t go out, my heart’s on fire when you’re around

Un moment avec toi, dans le noir. Comme une coupure électrique, t'es la lumière

It's too late for apologies, nothing you can offer me now. I'm looking at you on your knees and I'm all listened out

Think I've been here before, I've turned some hearts into stone and I can't hide it no more

Archived