Britney (the album) review

ShowdownITZ

Ok so Britney is the only album of hers that I haven't listened to in full and I decided to give it a listen so this is the review of the album:                                           Slave- I never really liked it but the performances, choreography, video are all iconic so I appreciate it.                                      Overprotected- Such a good song and the best single released from this album               Lonely- A BOP, I can listen to it wherever and whenever and still bop along. Love the Don't Go Knockin On My Door reference :giggleney:                                                                   Not a girl, not yet a women- I can't relate to the song at all so I don't like it but her live performances of the song are some of her best vocal performances.                              Boys- I Iike it and the choreography and video are iconic, one of the highlights of this album.                                                                Anticipating- a BOP, same with Lonely, I can bop to it wherever and whenever.              I Love Rock & Roll- I love it and I like it better than the original.                                        Cinderella- it's kinda generic but a bop nonetheless.                                                                            Let Me Be- I really liked this one and the beat. I think it goes along with Lonely. They are similar.                                                     Bombastic Love- :gross: hated it.                 That's Where You Take Me- loved this melodic bop. Thanks to that exhaler that recommended it. :myjam:                                 When I Found You- Didn't like it and thought it was really cheesy.                           I Run Away- I really like this song and think it fits with the whole album. I really like the theme of this album.                                                  What It's Like To Be Me- Love his song and her attitude in it. She did THAT.                       Before The Goodbye- this song is good but not my favorite on the album, that belongs to Lonely.                                                                                         I really have been sleeping on this album, one of her best. 

Sorry I did this on a phone and just how messed up it looks, hopefully you guys can understand it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

That's Where You Take Me- loved this melodic bop. Thanks to that exhaler that recommended it. :myjam:                                 

I'm so glad you love it! It's so good. Also, as far as When I Gound You goes, I always preferred the demo. I wish they went in a more chilled out direction with the final version mysef.

7 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I'm so glad you love it! It's so good. Also, as far as When I Gound You goes, I always preferred the demo. I wish they went in a more chilled out direction with the final version mysef.

That's Where You Take Me is such a good song. Thank you so much for recommending it. I was gonna tag you but didn't know how to spell it. But I just didn't like When I Found You and Bombastic Love, which is disappointing because the beginning of the song is so good.

1 minute ago, ShowdownITZ said:

That's Where You Take Me is such a good song. Thank you so much for recommending it. I was gonna tag you but didn't know how to spell it. But I just didn't like When I Found You and Bombastic Love, which is disappointing because the beginning of the song is so good.

I LOVED Bombastic Love a few years ago when I first heard it. After hearing the whole album, it's okay I think. It's not my favorite by any means. We should do an album review thread for each album, similar to the Glory one. I love reading people's thoughts track by track.

I'm super excited for you discovering old Brit music that's new to you! 

1 minute ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I LOVED Bombastic Love a few years ago when I first heard it. After hearing the whole album, it's okay I think. It's not my favorite by any means. We should do an album review thread for each album, similar to the Glory one. I love reading people's thoughts track by track.

Yeah I want to listen to BOMT, Circus, and Femme Fatale reviews too since I want to listen to those albums in full too. 

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

I mostly agree with you based ln the tracks that I've heard. What It's Like To Be Me is pure FIRE, will always love it, for some reason I always associate it with She'll Never Be Me, which is also killer. U found Before The Goodbye okay, I totally love it, one of my favorites from the album. Cinderella and Let Me Be are indeed similar, I've said this before, they're literally 2000's Pop which is good. Bombastic Love is the song I least like from the tracks I've heard from the album, apart from the iconic intro. I enjoyed your review, u should do more, even if it ain't ur first time hearing the album. @ShowdownITZ

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
5 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Yeah I want to listen to BOMT, Circus, and Femme Fatale reviews too since I want to listen to those albums in full too. 

Haven't u listened to them in full? Circus is iconic and FF is good.

Just now, Edge Of Leaving said:

Haven't u listened to them in full? Circus is iconic and FF is good.

Most of the tracks I have listened to for Circus and I started to listen to FF but yeah I definitely want to review those but I am really surprised with this album I have truly been sleeping on it.

6 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

I mostly agree with you based ln the tracks that I've heard. What It's Like To Be Me is pure FIRE, will always love it, for some reason I always associate it with She'll Never Be Me, which is also killer. U found Before The Goodbye okay, I totally love it, one of my favorites from the album. Cinderella and Let Me Be are indeed similar, I've said this before, they're literally 2000's Pop which is good. Bombastic Love is the song I least like from the tracks I've heard from the album, apart from the iconic intro. I enjoyed your review, u should do more, even if it ain't ur first time hearing the album. @ShowdownITZ

Thanks but yeah I definitely want to do more of these. I just listened to Before the Goodbye again and it's going on me. My fave is still Lonely or I Run Away. 

10 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Britney's music is so good, you just want more and more. So proud to stan :slayney:

Britney's music is so good, you just want more and more. So proud to stan :slayney:

Seriously, I love the music. That's why I don't care about charts like most people here. If the music is good and she's in a good, healthy place, I'm happy. 

Check out some of the hidden gems too if you haven't, Chaotic is my ****** jam!!:carpoolney:

Just now, Chaoscontrol said:

Seriously, I love the music. That's why I don't care about charts like most people here. If the music is good and she's in a good, healthy place, I'm happy. 

Check out some of the hidden gems too if you haven't, Chaotic is my ****** jam!!:carpoolney:

I care about charts not gonna lie but yeah we need good music too. But from her hidden gems, I love Someday and Mona Lisa. I want to listen to all her international bonus tracks.

I care about charts not gonna lie but yeah we need good music too. But from her hidden gems, I love Someday and Mona Lisa. I want to listen to all her international bonus tracks.

Love them both, so good! I'm going to put some jams on now after having this convo!:Lshark:

Archived