Is "Sometimes" entirely sung by Britney?

Nils Frahm

Please do not hate on me but I was just playing "Sometimes" and I noticed that by around 1:26 there are some bits that don't really sound like her.

"You'll see that you're the only one for me"  in this verse only "that" sounds hers. I wonder if Max Martin used someone else instead of Britney on those parts :nocomprende: either that or queen of sounding like a totally different person. :brit:

"Sometimes" remains flawless :brit:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sunset8 said:

Back then she actually sang her own songs....sometimes live too! lol

1:52 i know she's not belting the notes here so it's not a fair comparison but you can tell that the voice your hear in the track it's not hers (her tone would be more chipmunk-ish) i know her voice really well and to me it doesn't really sound like her, max probably thought that using someone else vocals in that bit would sound better in the record

Here she sounds beautiful but still not belting those notes like the original recording (idk if this one is prerecorded too?)

Here she kinda dodged those notes (sung really low) and relied on her background vocals for that bit

Here it sounds prerecorded and she "hits" those notes beautifully but still not belting them

Here she kinda dodges those notes once again and relies on her background singers

Conclusion:

She probably couldn't belt those notes that well, so Max used an alternative singer to sing those parts. I find it really odd cause she's belting in the bridge of that song tho.

She's also doing a similar belting in "Slumber Party" which I love but vocal producing techniques are different nowadays so it could pitch corrected idk:

18 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

that might be the most stupid question i ever read on here. her voice and her vocal talent was different back then btw, in case you didnt notice lol.

imo that's a stupid statement not my question, britney still has the same vocal talent and the same voice, she's the same britney after all lol.

and we all know myah exists so let's not be hypocritical, it's a possibility and i'm questioning it, it's a fair point :)

Guest T0UCH0FMYHAND
30 minutes ago, Nils Frahm said:

1:52 i know she's not belting the notes here so it's not a fair comparison but you can tell that the voice your hear in the track it's not hers (her tone would be more chipmunk-ish) i know her voice really well and to me it doesn't really sound like her, max probably thought that using someone else vocals in that bit would sound better in the record

You obviously don't know her voice that well then. :byebitch:

No it's the background singer . there is a instrumental version  of sometimes with background vocals and you can tell these vocals are not belong britney. 

bomt album has a lot of background vocals that aren't sung by  britney , I guess it used be the trend more than ever

edit : I'm not talking about the part you mentioned in sometimes , talking about that  in the last minute of song there are some high pitched vocals 

26 minutes ago, Siwon said:

No it's the background singer . there is a instrumental version  of sometimes with background vocals and you can tell these vocals are not belong britney. 

bomt album has a lot of background vocals that aren't sung by  britney , I guess it used be the trend more than ever

edit : I'm not talking about the part you mentioned in sometimes , talking about that  in the last minute of song there are some high pitched vocals 

exactly, it must have been a thing in the late 90's early 00's in pop music to use background vocals from different singers. What i am saying is that someone sang lead for her in those bits :) it's not the first time this happens with britney so it's not impossible

Archived