Is "Sometimes" entirely sung by Britney?

Nils Frahm

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

It is her voice in Sometimes, if u want to find backgroundvocals from someone else listen to Crazy or Oops. :flawlessbye:

well the lead vocals in here sound all like britney to me :p (but yes in the final mix the background vocals are very loud in the chorus so you hardly hear her there) it's funny how messy they sound haha, she must have sung them word by word in the studio :p

hunty it's called a proper belt in her non baby voice, :mhmsureny:in the live performances you don't see her reaching for that belt because its a really high note and not always reachable therefore repacing it with a falsetto is the safest option. Britney come back from your break asap these ******* are so bored that they're trying to come for primeney:rihit:

2 hours ago, Nils Frahm said:

Here she sounds beautiful but still not belting those notes like the original recording (idk if this one is prerecorded too?)

Here she kinda dodged those notes (sung really low) and relied on her background vocals for that bit

Here it sounds prerecorded and she "hits" those notes beautifully but still not belting them

Here she kinda dodges those notes once again and relies on her background singers

Conclusion:

She probably couldn't belt those notes that well, so Max used an alternative singer to sing those parts. I find it really odd cause she's belting in the bridge of that song tho.

She's also doing a similar belting in "Slumber Party" which I love but vocal producing techniques are different nowadays so it could pitch corrected idk:

Britney did sing the higher note though. The tracks were recorded when she was 15/16/17, depending on whether she started recording the album a year or two before BOMTS release, and (for the most part) was singing in her full belt (before Jive started really pushing the baby voice). She only had to do it right once in the studio for it to be used. Britney has never been one to really push her voice live, and at the time, she was promoting those tracks everywhere, she wasnt' gonna push her voice just for those notes, and its a different environment to a studio.

On the BOMT album, she had a plenty of big vocals moments like Sometimes...., and even on Oops (but they started using the baby voice more). 

Its Britney, not a backing singer. We only have this doubt because of Myah Majean.

Archived