DYWCO had a lot of potential

Urbanney

While the rest of the album had potential to be successful just because they're good and they fit in with trends/what was on the radio, DYWCO is probably the most "Britney" sounding song on the album. It's experimental and unique. If anyone heard it, I'm sure they would guess it was Britney. It's good enough to be on the radio, but distinct enough to be a Britney song. It would show Britney isn't just a pop puppet/barbie. If it was up to my personal taste as to what I'd choose for a third single, I would've chose Better because it's my next favorite on the album and has mainstream appeal. However, I think DYWCO was a song that had the potential to really pay off.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nnn I'm listening to it rn haha.

But honestly, I kept saying this after Glory came out but it SHOULD have been the 2nd single. I agree with you it had so much potential, it felt like a classic Britney song to me. It's very catchy and I think the GP would have loved it. I think things would have been a lot different had it been the 2nd single instead of Slumber Party.

2 minutes ago, Isla. said:

But honestly, I kept saying this after Glory came out but it SHOULD have been the 2nd single. I agree with you it had so much potential, it felt like a classic Britney song to me. It's very catchy and I think the GP would have loved it. I think things would have been a lot different had it been the 2nd single instead of Slumber Party.

A different single wouldn't have changed the fact it would flop. No one cared because Britney didn't bring it to anyone's attention. 

4 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Just now, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

It had potential to be the next Toxic. Oh, what could have been.  :sipney:  :awks:

Came here to say exactly the same. The song is fire, the lyrics are good, and her vocals are classic Britney vocals. With a **** music video it could had been big. It's such a pitty she turned it into a "funny" song/performance, doing silly faces and that flop choreo. 

12 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

A different single wouldn't have changed the fact it would flop. No one cared because Britney didn't bring it to anyone's attention. 

Well maybe but it standed more of a chance than Slumber Party as a 2nd single. It's very uptempo and catchy and had the potential to be a big hit. 

1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

It had potential to be the next Toxic. Oh, what could have been.  :sipney:  :awks:

1 hour ago, I am Max. said:

Came here to say exactly the same. The song is fire, the lyrics are good, and her vocals are classic Britney vocals. With a **** music video it could had been big. It's such a pitty she turned it into a "funny" song/performance, doing silly faces and that flop choreo. 

@cheri :tiffcackle:

The song has never been up on the top of my list on Glory but ppl love bops from Britney. One of the few on Glory that is up beat.

That being said without good help from Britney no song...upbeat or not will do good again. It takes time and work to get up there and stay up in billboard. Once your there though it holds. 

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I don't know where people get that from, Toxic had IT, DYWCO isn't that great, I hated it so much when Glory came out but I don't hate it that much anymore. If we wanted BIG hits then Love Me Down and Just Luv Me were the way to go. JLM is part of the music trends of the moment and is an underrated masterpiece. LMD is trendy af and is good, any of these 2 as the lead single would've gone Top 5:donewithit:

And these are not personal preferences, my favs will always be Liar and Change Your Mind. PS: Will we get a solo single next era? PG was enough for me as a feat? Britney clearly does better in solos, Tinasha ruined SP to me to the point I didn't even buy it, I literally ignored it, and I was very supportive of Glory and Make Me (even tho I prayed to God that she didn't collab with G Easy:4music:).

Archived