DYWCO had a lot of potential

Urbanney

7 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I can't believe how many people like that song, someone said they hate Womanizer in @Shadow.'s thread and got like 8 downvotes :tiffcackle:

The vocals are so bad :tiffcackle:

It's catchy and the video was fire tbh

truly bad cuz it was a flop :Lshark:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JKW said:

Another thread like this? DYWCO would have been a bigger flop than perfume cause it sucks and you will deal. :girlwhat:

That's Slumber Party you're talking about :girlwhat: It really was a bigger flop than Perfume

Do You Wanna Come Over? kept being the second most streamed song off Glory, even a few weeks after Slumber Party video premiered, and it had nothing to do with being released earlier, because Private Show and Clumsy came out before, and they don't have more streams. Without being anything more than a promo single that a few fans knew about, it actually managed to gather more attention than any other album track. It has even more plays than many of her official singles. If it was performed and released around the time of the VMA's, it would've been great.

Instead of performing Me, Myself and I, she should've performed DYWCO. I'll always say it. Slumber Party shouldn't have been released until DYWCO, Better and Liar were singles.

57 minutes ago, Oxic said:

It's catchy and the video was fire tbh

truly bad cuz it was a flop :Lshark:

Who cares if it's catchy, it's embarrassing :tiffcackle:

Womanizer, woman-womanizer
You're a womanizer
Oh, womanizer, oh
You're a womanizer, baby

You, you, you are
You, you, you are
Womanizer, womanizer
Womanizer

Just now, danny1994 said:

Ok, fair point.

But what do you think of the DYWCO and Toxic comparisons? It’s one of the better songs on Glory, but come on :frenchy:

I can see why people think it has that potential. It sounds very "Britney" and has ITZ-sounding vocals, but I don't think it's nearly as good of a song as Toxic. It's not killer or irresistible like Toxic is. It's very Britney, like Toxic, but it's nowhere near as good. I usually skip DYWCO tbh and I'm the one who started this thread. I just recognize that it stands out compared to the rest of Glory for sounding very Britney and not following trends. 

Considering the performance they gave us of the song and the fact that Ms Spears lip syncs to the wrong vocals during the chorus it could have been a mess as a 'promoted' single. The today show performance is so cringeworthy and the fact they didn't bother to change the choreography for the festivals and she just grabbed an imaginary pole still blows my mind :calculating: The animated fan video was fire though, and if they wanted a sponsor then a dating app would have worked perfectly. In that respect it's a total missed opportunity.  :brit:

Archived