Amazing Forbes Article - Legacy of Britney in Vegas

Pickle Rick

gif-4.gif

The legacy Spears leaves is much larger than money, even though the final total she’s likely responsible for is massive. Money comes and goes, especially in a city like Vegas, but the “Womanizer” singer has changed one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world for good, and it’s impossible to attach a price tag to that kind of revolution.

tumblr_njyqexfRwy1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

Vegas is back on the map for younger travelers in a way it never would have been before Britney showed up, and while she may leave, the city has reentered the American consciousness in an incredibly valuable way. She may depart and the show may soon be over, but no other pop star can claim to have left the same mark on Sin City as she has, and that’s worth much more than any amount of ticket sales.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2017/06/20/britney-spears-vegas-residency-is-ending-and-its-leaving-behind-an-incredible-legacy/amp/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When POM is over, I literally wanna see a proper article from Forbes or Billboard stating how impactul this show was to the city. With interviews from the mayor talking about Britney's key, her day and the impact on tourism, the people behind the Nevada Cancer Foundation talking about her collab with them and the new caring center her donations helped to build, and the CEO from Planet Hollywood talking about how important the show was for them *with statistics*. Then I wanna see Britney telling about how good it was and what this show and Vegas mean to her. And, why not, backstage photos from the show and the announcement of the DVD recorded on the last 2 shows :lessons:

And Billboard betta give homegurl the Touring Award next year and broadcast her receiving to close the Vegas Era in all it's glory :NYsassy:

35 minutes ago, Hungry Hun said:

When POM is over, I literally wanna see a proper article from Forbes or Billboard stating how impactul this show was to the city. With interviews from the mayor talking about Britney's key, her day and the impact on tourism, the people behind the Nevada Cancer Foundation talking about her collab with them and the new caring center her donations helped to build, and the CEO from Planet Hollywood talking about how important the show was for them *with statistics*. Then I wanna see Britney telling about how good it was and what this show and Vegas mean to her. And, why not, backstage photos from the show and the announcement of the DVD recorded on the last 2 shows :lessons:

And Billboard betta give homegurl the Touring Award next year and broadcast her receiving to close the Vegas Era in all it's glory :NYsassy:

Netflix mini series for 20th anniversary- the last POM show, Asia tour, BTS and interviews from family friends producers backup dancers management about Glory/B10 and 20 years impact :staysalty:

I would die to find a thread, it was in 2013, when Vegas seemed more and more likely to happen, where one user left such an important comment and it went smth like this:

She has fallen as a performer for the first time in Vegas (referrencing to the 2007 VMA's) and may she rise in Vegas back to the top, aswell

She may not climbed back on the top of every chart, but boy, this woman has made such a remarkable trip, showed everyone that it is possible and that she is overall a strong person and is inspiring each one of us :overwhelm:

4 hours ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Netflix mini series for 20th anniversary- the last POM show, Asia tour, BTS and interviews from family friends producers backup dancers management about Glory/B10 and 20 years impact :staysalty:

Her team is not that smart. 

I bet on my life that only few fans from this site are able to make better strategy for her career then her team.

20 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Can't read the article but she sure changed the Vegas scene.

Too bad Vegas is ending. I really hope she comes back with a new show.

Maybe in her 40s, but in my opinion now she has to do something bigger for her 20th career anniversary.

But I'm aware that probably she will be back in LV in 2018/2019.

5 hours ago, AndrejBLV said:

Maybe in her 40s, but in my opinion now she has to do something bigger for her 20th career anniversary.

But I'm aware that probably she will be back in LV in 2018/2019.

She should do bigger things all the time, but we all know, or at least should know by now, that certain things just won't ever happen with Britney. We have no evidence to think that her team or Britney herself are planning something spectacular. The team, because they never want to spend on anything, and Britney because she most likely think this isn't a big deal and will just tweet about it like "wow, 20 years ago BOMT came out, thanks for your support all these years" or "I'm so lucky to be able to do what I do" or something like that, and that's it. Probably another compilation album, and we'll be very lucky if she releases a new single like MP, or 3.

I'm always willing to be proven wrong by Britney, but I've learned that in order to appreciate what she does, and be a happier person overall lol it's better to just expect the least from her, or the worst, so anything she does will be good.

The favorite things I read were that the older she gets the more she is inspired by youth (which explains why she's so hot now and getting hotter)

And she acknowledged the Philippine crowd singing the songs.  And the Asians acting crazy !  That's awesome.  She deserves so much praise.   Glad she did this tour.   Hopefully she realizes she misses traveling again and will make b10  era with more passion and charm

ready for a powerhouse album 

Archived