Britney's fragances, wtf?!

Britney_baby

I love Britney's fragrances so I have quite a lot of them. I think the oldest one I currently have, the original Fantasy, is bought about a year ago. I haven't used it in a while even though it's probably my favorite because like I said I have so many but today I put it on after a few months and it smells awful! Like pee! :umomg: Sniffing my wrist right now and I'm like :ugh:

I've noticed months ago that if I want to like smell the cap it kinda smells like pee but the perfume itself used to be fine but now that smells like pee too when I spray it on. What the hell? Am I the only one experiencing this? :wtf: The Fantasy perfume I'm talking about is only a year old.

Like 10 years ago when I was a tween I loved Curious but I remember after a while that started to smell bad too. I'm not sure if it was the pee scent again but it smelled bad.

Have you ever experienced anything like this? And what can cause this?

I'm so sad. I guess I have to buy a new bottle :crying11: And I guess I'll walk around smelling like pee today. Thanks, Britney! :bpo:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kaisa said:

You have to keep your perfumes in their boxes and not in direct (sun)light. Mine still smell good, some of them are like 3-4 years old. :saycheese:

I don't keep them in a box but they're not sitting near a window or anything. I also have perfumes that are 3-5 years old (not from Britney) and they smell fine so it's safe to say the problem's in that specific perfume not how I store them.

6 minutes ago, Kyra said:

:meltdown:

Never had a problem with her perfumes. Although I wished that Believe would last longer.

Private Show is awesome, Fantasy is really sweet but I like it. It's my "Gonna Have *** 2nite" perfume. :queenriri:

I've heard people complain about Believe's longetivity a lot but I personally think it's the most long lasting perfume she has! It stays on my clothes until I wash them and I have a small dog so I like pick him up and carry him around all the time and every time I do that while wearing Believe, he smells like it for almost 2 days! :giggleney: It's crazy haha. Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy also stay on really well but not well enough for my dog to smell like them for two days lol

The only perfume of hers that I've tried and really doesn't last is the Hidden Fantasy. But it kinda smells like a Christmassy soap so I don't wear it that often anyway :ehum:

Just now, Britney_baby said:

I've heard people complain about Believe's longetivity a lot but I personally think it's the most long lasting perfume she has! It stays on my clothes until I wash them and I have a small dog so I like pick him up and carry him around all the time and every time I do that while wearing Believe, he smells like it for almost 2 days! :giggleney: It's crazy haha. Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy also stay on really well but not well enough for my dog to smell like them for two days lol

The only perfume of hers that I've tried and really doesn't last is the Hidden Fantasy. But it kinda smells like a Christmassy soap so I don't wear it that often anyway :ehum:

I always think that there is a difference in which country they sell. 

Example, I'm from Croatia, so a lot of products (food, clothes etc.) are not as good as the one they sell in Germany. :byebitch:

I wish I had one from UK or something just to make a comparison.

I've never tried Hidden, my friend had it, and she said it won't stay for too long aswell. :plzexplain:

I have at least twenty of her perfume bottles. Everyday i use a different one. They are more than 2 years old and they smell good since the opening. But they are in my bathroom and this hasn't a window. Maybe you should keep it at a different place.

1 minute ago, Kyra said:

I always think that there is a difference in which country they sell. 

Example, I'm from Croatia, so a lot of products (food, clothes etc.) are not as good as the one they sell in Germany. :byebitch:

I wish I had one from UK or something just to make a comparison.

I've never tried Hidden, my friend had it, and she said it won't stay for too long aswell. :plzexplain:

Yeah, that might be the case, especially if they have different factories. My country is definitely not the poorest in Europe but also not as successful as Germany or Sweden so if I go to clothing stores our selection sucks! I feel like they only sell other countries' cheapest leftovers here :surething:

Also I heard that Coke tastes totally different around the world. We get ours from Poland's factory. I bet Coke from other factories tastes better lol 

1 minute ago, Britney_baby said:

Yeah, that might be the case, especially if they have different factories. My country is definitely not the poorest in Europe but also not as successful as Germany or Sweden so if I go to clothing stores our selection sucks! I feel like they only sell other countries' cheapest leftovers here :surething:

Also I heard that Coke tastes totally different around the world. We get ours from Poland's factory. I bet Coke from other factories tastes better lol 

Absolutely. My friend works at Dublin so she says that everything they don't sell there, they send it here at a higher price. It's kinda sad. :rude2me:

I heard that Nutella and Cola are sooooo better elsewhere. :lostney:

Just now, Kyra said:

Absolutely. My friend works at Dublin so she says that everything they don't sell there, they send it here at a higher price. It's kinda sad. :rude2me:

Nutella too?! I never got why some people love it so much but now I know. Because the one I eat is not eve  a real thing :crying4:

You're still lucky to be from Croatia. It's so so beautiful! I haven't visited yet but my parents have and I'm also planning to one day. Where I live it's dark and muddy like fall 90% of the time lol. We all suffer from vitamin D insufficiency unless it's June, July and August and this is not even a joke :britdrown:

Just now, Britney_baby said:

Nutella too?! I never got why some people love it so much but now I know. Because the one I eat is not eve  a real thing :crying4:

You're still lucky to be from Croatia. It's so so beautiful! I haven't visited yet but my parents have and I'm also planning to one day. Where I live it's dark and muddy like fall 90% of the time lol. We all suffer from vitamin D insufficiency unless it's June, July and August and this is not even a joke :britdrown:

Awww you poor baby :bpout: 

You should come here during summer!

8 minutes ago, Kyra said:

Last week i saw a documentary about Nutella and the different taste of Nutella in Germany and Italy. This all belongs to the taste of the population in each of the country. Nutella in Germany has more hazelnuts than italian Nutella because german people like the taste of nuts more. It is crazy but so it is.

You should really go through your fragrance once a year for the best results. It smells rancid because the liquid has turned.

This is probably due to the fact that it's a fruity perfume, and fruit / citrus scents tend to spoil after a year or so.

Keep it in a cool, dry place away from the sun. No humidity either.

Archived