A Big Era Is Coming

hey over there

I think the whole reason they are stopping POM is to relaunch Britney's image as a mainstream artist out there I mean they'll make a lot of money from the tour even if its small, then they can reinvest some of it in bringing the "Britney" image back to peoples mind and make her more relevant. I know she is relevant now so don't come at me but I mean it would be great for her to have an era like Femme Fatale but with a more energetic set of performances to cement the 20 year milestone.

That's probably why they didn't push Glory  or BJ hard this might have been their plan for ages as i'm pretty sure after X Factor Britney was tired and just wanted a slower time in her life.  I know they would have wanted success for Glory but the last two albums she has had seemed to be a lot messier in terms of Promo due to Vegas and its almost like they didn't care as much because she continued to make a lot of money in Vegas and she was in a good personal space. Now i'm sure they're ready to take the progress she has made and Market her again to the general public.

2018/19 I think we will get a big era great Album with commercial success and  with a world tour hence the Summer tour testing the waters :cinderellaney:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think they're ending POM because she's bored with it now and needs a change and because they've realized now after releasing 2 albums during it that it severely hinders her ability to really promote and thus results in some less then stellar album sales. I do think B10 will be released without Vegas in the mix as a test to see what happens and I believe she will promote B10 more than she did for Glory and they will prob use the 20th anniversary as another way to promote it too because people will already be talking about her. I mean I won't get my hopes up for a massive comeback but I could see her having another #1 album and a top 10 single or 2 with B10!

I don't have any huge hopes. It would be nice, but Im not sure her team will magically get it together just because she's out of Vegas.

And I also doubt these past two eras were part of some grand plan. Why would they want to self sabotage two eras like that? She could have easily done Vegas without new music from BJ or Glory (especially since GP doesn't know the albums exist anyway). Labels don't just release albums for fun. I guess we'll see if/how she promotes this summer tour what we have to look forward to. 

14 minutes ago, hey over there said:

That's probably why they didn't push Glory  or BJ hard this might have been their plan for ages

That's some PLL ****....

But its true, B10 will be a much better era now that she'll be outta vegas...The only thing they need to add to the mix is give her full creative and artistic control over performances and most importantly the album (there is no need for stuff like Clumsy), and hire good choreographers and a creative manager

2 minutes ago, WootsWow said:

Oh dear, you people never learn. Watch Britney having a career break on 2018 and have a messy promo ala Britney Jean for B10.:queenriri:

I don't think its that we never learn I think we want to give Britney and her Team the benefit of the doubt without Vegas being an issue going forward. The excitement often around albums that are commercially successful is the possibility of touring and when Britney was referred to as Queen of Vegas I do believe it disadvantaged her image.

Vegas and Albums Etc was too much for her team but Like femme fatale she wasn't in the best place personally but musically she was still on top and I think that's the position they want her back in and its better now she has  a more confident outlook. I'm really hopeful more so than I was for the Glory Era.  :brit:

1 minute ago, Benjie said:

I expect a BJ era 2.0 , so I will never be disappointed :verycool:

Don't expect anything then you wont be disappointed, but I am hopeful of a real era now Britney is outta Vegas not sure if that will be 2018 or 19 though just going to wait and see what happens but I think the ticket sales for her tour are already showing there is still a thirst around Britney! They just need to use that to their advantage and catapult Britney back out there with a strong album and readiness to impress :cinderellaney:

Britney isn't going to have another big era, just like Madonna won't. Britney did promo:

VMAS, Carpool Karaoke, BBMAs, UK Promo, Today Show, Festival shows, and radio interviews.. Yes she was also promoting POM but even though she got her name out there her sales still didn't go "amazing"

Even if she puts more time into promo I can guarantee you we will have the same result. I love Britney with all my heart, but the press and new generation don't really care and pay attention to her anymore, and is Britney knows this and is fine with it. I don't know what Britney could honestly do to have a "big era" this isn't 2007/2008, all eyes aren't on Britney.. Unless she decides to do the Super Bowl :sassybrit:

9 minutes ago, anti said:

Britney isn't going to have another big era, just like Madonna won't. Britney did promo:

VMAS, Carpool Karaoke, BBMAs, UK Promo, Today Show, Festival shows, and radio interviews.. Yes she was also promoting POM but even though she got her name out there her sales still didn't go "amazing"

Even if she puts more time into promo I can guarantee you we will have the same result. I love Britney with all my heart, but the press and new generation don't really care and pay attention to her anymore, and is Britney knows this and is fine with it. I don't know what Britney could honestly do to have a "big era" this isn't 2007/2008, all eyes aren't on Britney.. Unless she decides to do the Super Bowl :sassybrit:

She promoted but not really Glory more herself but not in a big-headed way, Yes Britney was out there but it all seemed rushed and last minute. There were no iTunes banners or radio deals the video mess didn't help and then POM was mentioned for the most Part! nothing about Glory I mean she literally did Carpool and Nothing for Glory same with Ellen. BBMA's wasn't properly utilised and then The VMA performance fell flat because it wasn't what people wanted to see performance wise even if Britney clearly looked and did great the comeback message and Glory album era  bit lost. It was like they put her in a position where she could promote the album but it never really was obvious that's why she was there. :sassybrit:

27 minutes ago, anti said:

Well... Madonna had some success moment recently tbh... 

The only way to have success is to FOCUS and produce something flawless or experimental, like Thiefoncé did!

Now, I don't see Lemonade as flawless tbh, but she was so into that album and her team bought EVERYTHING
to promote it! You had Thiefoncé EVERYWHERE! Even if Lemonade's songs weren't radio friendly at all!
And do we wanna talk about the visual album? THAT IS COMMITMENT!

And in every show Thiefoncé sounds LIVE and people appreciate that!

17 minutes ago, hey over there said:

She promoted but not really Glory more herself but not in a big-headed way, Yes Britney was out there but it all seemed rushed and last minute. There were no iTunes banners or radio deals the video mess didn't help and then POM was mentioned for the most Part! nothing about Glory I mean she literally did Carpool and Nothing for Glory same with Ellen. BBMA's wasn't properly utilised and then The VMA performance fell flat because it wasn't what people wanted to see performance wise even if Britney clearly looked and did great the comeback message and Glory album era  bit lost. It was like they put her in a position where she could promote the album but it never really was obvious that's why she was there. :sassybrit:

The thing is I think she has an image issue more than a Vegas issue. Vegas didn't directly affect any of these issues, except her performing old hits at the festivals, etc. Vegas isn't the reason why her label didn't get itunes banners, or that MM video was scrapped last minute. Vegas didn't affect her CK being a flop, especially when it helped other artists. Britney not remembering to mention her own album or not knowing what to say about her own albums other than they are her babies or songs are really cool isn't Vegas' fault. The VMAs fell flat because it wasn't a good performance from her. She needs a major rebrand that extends more than just ending Vegas I feel. 

1 hour ago, hey over there said:

I think the whole reason they are stopping POM is to relaunch Britney's image as a mainstream artist out there I mean they'll make a lot of money from the tour even if its small, then they can reinvest some of it in bringing the "Britney" image back to peoples mind and make her more relevant. I know she is relevant now so don't come at me but I mean it would be great for her to have an era like Femme Fatale but with a more energetic set of performances to cement the 20 year milestone.

That's probably why they didn't push Glory  or BJ hard this might have been their plan for ages as i'm pretty sure after X Factor Britney was tired and just wanted a slower time in her life.  I know they would have wanted success for Glory but the last two albums she has had seemed to be a lot messier in terms of Promo due to Vegas and its almost like they didn't care as much because she continued to make a lot of money in Vegas and she was in a good personal space. Now i'm sure they're ready to take the progress she has made and Market her again to the general public.

2018/19 I think we will get a big era great Album with commercial success and  with a world tour hence the Summer tour testing the waters :cinderellaney:

You can dream Sis

Archived