OMG HUGE APPLE MUSIC MISTAKE

TheSmasher

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JLo? She wasn't really a rival to Britney... she's in a different league to her, Britney and Xtina were rivals for sure as they were both teen stars but JLo was a lot older, she was 29... but JLo was pretty massive back then regardless

1 hour ago, Kiiddy said:

I'm not being horrible or anything, because I loved Jlo growing up... but Jlo was never an icon or considered as a rival to Britney during the millennium.
Jlo and Britney also were seen in different categories back then as well.

Jennifer and Christina were successful and had hits, but they were brief phenomenons during the millennium.
Britney however, was considered a pop icon during the very beginning of the millennium.
While Jlo is doing well for herself still to this day, she's never really been this huge star with a huge fan base with huge impact and ground-breaking success.
Her legacy is very mediocre when you actually compare details between Britney and Jlo.
I still like Jlo though, but I think that bio thingy is a bit of a stretch.

I love you! <3

At the time, not JLo. But now - definitely yes, JLo. Music-wise she hasn't done as well but as far as her overall stardom she's definitely liked and respected more than Britney. Her performances, her dance ability, her live vocals (not always but mostly), her style, her personality, her businesses/branding, her acting, ect ect ect

3 hours ago, TheSmasher said:

she was relevant for 20min in 2010

This is embarrassing, delete  :embarrassney:

Stop thinking about sales and charts, they said "celebrity" power. JLo was and is still one of the most famous women in the world. The news and tabloids were ruled by JLo and her stories from 2000 to 2003.

Idk why you're trying to use sales against her ANYWAYS. Christina's and Jlo's album sales are on par. They both sold a similar number of albums. 30M-33M.

3 hours ago, TheSmasher said:

helloooo comparing britney to xtinta is bad

nobody can compare her to jflop

Obviously Britney was on another level, but none of her peers were selling like her except the Backstreet Boys. As far as females go we have Beyonce, Christina and J.Lo to compare her to who debuted at the same time. Britney was just selling a TON, those girls were still selling better than average. 

3 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Love Don't Cost A Thing, Play, Waiting For Tonight were all hits. 

This person probs is young. 

Just imagine that's how ppl look at Britney now. She hasn't had a huge hit since 2012. 

Also If You Had My Love, I'm Real, Ain't It Funny and to a lessor extent Get Right. Shes had a lot of hits but she took a blow after her 3rd album in popularity. 

2 hours ago, borogroves said:

people who actually enjoy music and user friendly interface? i actually had both at one point for three months and ended up with spotify. sound quality wise, Apple music seem to have amped up the music mix (volume and so) but i still find spotify to have much much better playlists than Apple Music (unless you're into electronic - Apple has better ones there) also, Spotify has a more user friendly interface as compared to Apple Music. Apple Music screwed with the music i have already downloaded onto my itunes :nydisgust:

hum u must have used it like 2 years ago when it came out.. its a lot more user friendly, spotify drained iphone battery, apple music is a lot more storage efficiency. Their sound quality is actually a little higher. literally everyone i know has apple music and most of us had spotify

You guys do know that this is an extremely accurate statement, right? I mean I know you're all extremely biased toward Britney, but her and JLO have nearly identical career paths. Both were huge in the 90's, on top of their game during the 00's, had their last spark of relevancy at the beginning of the 10's decade, both became  judges on a singing competition (same network), and both ended up doing a residency show in the same hotel. The way you guys view Jennifer Lopez is the exact same way everyone views Britney. 

:cigney:

1 hour ago, borogroves said:

wasn't two years ago. just last december. also if you're strictly talking about bit rates, Spotify plays by 320kb/s while Apple Music 256kb/s so Spotify technically has a higher quality. whether or not you really hear the sound quality difference, i don't know cause you need really expensive speakers or earphones to tell and be an audiophile. apple music isn't more storage efficient and i don't use data for spotify outside anyways and it doesn't consume much battery. only plus for apple music is that you can get siri to play music directly from apple music

Spilling all the tea, I'm a Spotify stan. I used Apple Music for 3 months as well, Spotify just reigned supreme. Apple Music just has a larger K-pop collection, that was the only plus side, I found Spotify to be better in every other aspect.

1 hour ago, borogroves said:

wasn't two years ago. just last december. also if you're strictly talking about bit rates, Spotify plays by 320kb/s while Apple Music 256kb/s so Spotify technically has a higher quality. whether or not you really hear the sound quality difference, i don't know cause you need really expensive speakers or earphones to tell and be an audiophile. apple music isn't more storage efficient and i don't use data for spotify outside anyways and it doesn't consume much battery. only plus for apple music is that you can get siri to play music directly from apple music

:staysalty:

4 hours ago, borogroves said:

people who actually enjoy music and user friendly interface? i actually had both at one point for three months and ended up with spotify. sound quality wise, Apple music seem to have amped up the music mix (volume and so) but i still find spotify to have much much better playlists than Apple Music (unless you're into electronic - Apple has better ones there) also, Spotify has a more user friendly interface as compared to Apple Music. Apple Music screwed with the music i have already downloaded onto my itunes :nydisgust:

thank buddy. those were actually some of the reasons i needed in my life to continue to use Spotify (Premium, in my case)

:snapney:

This bio says nothing about style or performance skills... It says that her celebrity star power was only rivaled by Jennifer Lopez...

Personally I'd say her star power was only rivaled by Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Whitney, Janet, etc But I wouldn't say Jennifer Had a similar star power :sassybrit:

But to give credit where it's due, Jennifer was extremely popular back in the early 00's. Britney was the Justin Bieber. The sweetheart who fell from grace, released a comeback album which went no1 everywhere then faded slowly. Christina Aguilera was the Meghan Trainor, Britney was the Ariana, Madonna was the Beyonce, MJ was the drake, Janet was the Rihanna, Whitney was the Adele, Mariah was the Sia, Jennifer Lopez was the Ellie Goulding and Jessica Simpson was the Selena Gomez

Archived