OMG HUGE APPLE MUSIC MISTAKE

TheSmasher

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Kevney said:

JLO is a one hit wonder in my eyes. She's a cheap copy of Mariah, produced by Mariah's ex to get back at Mariah, her hit's are other people's songs. He literally stole music from other artists for JLO to have hits. Do your pop music research. JLO is no legend she's an unoriginal try-hard. And, her songs today sound embarrassing and dated.

OMG BOMT was a TLC song and Toxic was for Kylie Minogue and Kesha co-wrote Till the World Ends, isn't it a little ******* hypocritical to ***** about that sort of thing

21 minutes ago, DMVofficial said:

Sis, I think she has the same (if not more) #1's as Britney. And having a producer give you a track to record isn't stealing. BOMT was originally for TLC, Toxic was originally for Kylie Minogue... It's just the way the industry works. 

Lol you beat me to it

J.Lo actually has one more #1 than Britney -- but more of hers were collabs...the big advantage Brit has over J.Lo is that Brit has six #1 albums and Jennifer only had a few big album sellers and none of them came close to Brit's biggest sellers...also, Brit has more iconic songs...J.Lo doesn't have anything as iconic as BOMT or Toxic...

21 minutes ago, Kevney said:

omg honey listen to the Toxic demo and then compare to the final version, or Radar, or listen to the alt-choruses near the end of OIDIA or Cinderella or something, Britney has a lot of songs where she's not singing most of the chorus or she sings over someone...it is typical in pop...you just choose not to think about it too hard when it comes to Britney LOL

On 4/3/2017 at 7:36 PM, Pinky98 said:

This bio says nothing about style or performance skills... It says that her celebrity star power was only rivaled by Jennifer Lopez...

Personally I'd say her star power was only rivaled by Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Whitney, Janet, etc But I wouldn't say Jennifer Had a similar star power :sassybrit:

But to give credit where it's due, Jennifer was extremely popular back in the early 00's. Britney was the Justin Bieber. The sweetheart who fell from grace, released a comeback album which went no1 everywhere then faded slowly. Christina Aguilera was the Meghan Trainor, Britney was the Ariana, Madonna was the Beyonce, MJ was the drake, Janet was the Rihanna, Whitney was the Adele, Mariah was the Sia, Jennifer Lopez was the Ellie Goulding and Jessica Simpson was the Selena Gomez

Girl what do you have against these artists? Lol.

Jessica SImpson never came close to Selena. Although her lead single was successful, her first album underperformed big time. It was like in the low 70s on billboard. And that was back when ppl actually bought albums. Second album did better but still underperformed. Third album also a flop until Newlyweds came out and sparked interest in her and they re-released it. Like I'm not even a Selena fan, but you can't compare that to Selena who has two number one albums and is super popular. Ppl only liked Jessica more once she played into the dumb blonde role. And it's not fair to compare Janet to Rihanna because Rihanna isn't a performer.  And Meghan Trainor was already an after-thought after her first album. Her first one sold millions and her second one only sold like 300K or something. Christina at least had 3 successful eras before her flops started and ppl stopped caring. 

14 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

Girl what do you have against these artists? Lol.

Jessica SImpson never came close to Selena. Although her lead single was successful, her first album underperformed big time. It was like in the low 70s on billboard. And that was back when ppl actually bought albums. Second album did better but still underperformed. Third album also a flop until Newlyweds came out and sparked interest in her and they re-released it. Like I'm not even a Selena fan, but you can't compare that to Selena who has two number one albums and is super popular. Ppl only liked Jessica more once she played into the dumb blonde role. And it's not fair to compare Janet to Rihanna because Rihanna isn't a performer.  And Meghan Trainor was already an after-thought after her first album. Her first one sold millions and her second one only sold like 300K or something. Christina at least had 3 successful eras before her flops started and ppl stopped caring. 

Really?! It's as if you think I'm saying they're the same as each other :omgreallyney:

Obviously not. Obviously Selena is different to jessica etc. 

But Selena isn't huge. Yeah she has a number one album or two. Welcome to the age of streaming. :nothavingit:

I don't know anyone who is a stan of Selena. I know people who like a song here and there. Just like Jessica.

And it's obvious Janet and Rihanna aren't the same. I meant it as in the new gen equivalents of the legends.

Fame wise, Rih is the Janet, Selena is the Jessica, Xtina is the Meghan etc

35 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Really?! It's as if you think I'm saying they're the same as each other :omgreallyney:

Obviously not. Obviously Selena is different to jessica etc. 

But Selena isn't huge. Yeah she has a number one album or two. Welcome to the age of streaming. :nothavingit:

I don't know anyone who is a stan of Selena. I know people who like a song here and there. Just like Jessica.

And it's obvious Janet and Rihanna aren't the same. I meant it as in the new gen equivalents of the legends.

Fame wise, Rih is the Janet, Selena is the Jessica, Xtina is the Meghan etc

I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion but I still think in terms of fame it's weird to compare these ppl. Jessica was like the little train that couldn't and was always trying to catch up to Britney and christina. Selena isn't that. If anything she keeps saying she wishes she wasn't as popular. She hates it. She's the most followed person on ig. I'm sure more than a couple ppl know who she is. I'll give it to you that she's not iconic or anything yet but I don't see the Jessica Simpson comparison. I'm sure Jessica's label (columbia I think) wishes she was a Selena because they kept losing money on her back in the day. And I still think Meghan trainor is nowhere near the fame Christina had. She was really popular back then, for a good 8 years. No one cares about Meghan trainor right now and she's only been on the scene for a little over two. I just don't see it. We'll have to agree to disagree

As far as celebrity status goes. Jlo did match Britney. But that doesn't make her a better "rival" for Britney than xtina. in terms of music or atistry in general, jlo is not even close to xtina. Come on now. Xtina is acclaimed for her voice as an iconic singer. She has a far more acclaimed discography and has sold more records than jlo. jlo has been a big celebrity for a long time, and had success in music and acting. But she was never consistent. Her album sales never recovered after the 3 studio album. She hasn't had a hit movie in 12 years. And she is universally panned in both, music and acting.

13 hours ago, light741 said:

As far as celebrity status goes. Jlo did match Britney. But that doesn't make her a better "rival" for Britney than xtina. in terms of music or atistry in general, jlo is not even close to xtina. Come on now. Xtina is acclaimed for her voice as an iconic singer. She has a far more acclaimed discography and has sold more records than jlo. jlo has been a big celebrity for a long time, and had success in music and acting. But she was never consistent. Her album sales never recovered after the 3 studio album. She hasn't had a hit movie in 12 years. And she is universally panned in both, music and acting.

I like Christina for her talent, but I admire JLO more. You're born with a voice, you have to work for dancing etc. Christina is an amazing dancer, but JLO and Britney are miles ahead. JLO knows salsa, waltz etc and is a proper professional dancer as well as having a strong voice. Plus JLO's music ages so well, get right, Jenny from the block, play etc. Christina's discography from 2012 is already aging.

talent wise Xtina wins. But JLO is more admirable and her discography ages so much better 

Archived