OMG HUGE APPLE MUSIC MISTAKE

TheSmasher

4 hours ago, borogroves said:

wasn't two years ago. just last december. also if you're strictly talking about bit rates, Spotify plays by 320kb/s while Apple Music 256kb/s so Spotify technically has a higher quality. whether or not you really hear the sound quality difference, i don't know cause you need really expensive speakers or earphones to tell and be an audiophile. apple music isn't more storage efficient and i don't use data for spotify outside anyways and it doesn't consume much battery. only plus for apple music is that you can get siri to play music directly from apple music

their 256kb/s makes the audio higher quality and not so heavy.. so search for it. Apple Music doesn't consume as much power.. there are tests online.. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J.Lo had a lot of big singles, but she didn't have Britney's album-selling power

OMG @ those of you who don't realize how big she was LOL you must be like 18....she had a ton of #1s...plus she was a bankable movie star, and a great dancer and beautiful too, and the tabloids were obsessed with her private life, as well as her appearance...she is an icon. She just never was 100% focused on her music career so she never went on tour...she went through a musical down period from 2005-2010 and her career in music looked over but she had a huge comeback with On the Floor and American Idol...now she is kinda a fixture like Britney even though she is past her prime

3 hours ago, WilderWein said:

Ive always seen jlo as a flop artist because she kept flopping big time after the succes she had in the beginning. Around 2010 (?) she had succes with Pittbull songs but that couldve been any female singer, so thats not impressive at all. 

Yeah, but her 'beginning' was not like, some one-hit wonder crap. On the 6 and J.Lo and This Is Me...Then were multi-platinum, plus her REMIX ALBUM went to #1, and had these chart hits:

If You Had My Love - #1

Waiting for Tonight - #8

Love Don't Cost a Thing - #1

I'm Gonna Be Alright - #10

I'm Real w/ Ja Rule - #1

Ain't It Funny w/ Ja Rule - #1

Jenny From the Block - #1

All I Have - #1

And from 1998-2005, five movies she was in made more than $100 million. The tabloids were obsessed with her and Ben Affleck to the same degree as Britney and Justin. She was a fashion icon, a *** icon, the queen of Latina musicians...omg it is just so ignorant to say J.Lo was not at or near Brit's level.

And no, On the Floor could not have been just any female singer...look at the chart positions I listed and think again..J.Lo had flops with Rebirth and Brave but she had plenty of history to work with.

22 hours ago, DMVofficial said:

You guys do know that this is an extremely accurate statement, right? I mean I know you're all extremely biased toward Britney, but her and JLO have nearly identical career paths. Both were huge in the 90's, on top of their game during the 00's, had their last spark of relevancy at the beginning of the 10's decade, both became  judges on a singing competition (same network), and both ended up doing a residency show in the same hotel. The way you guys view Jennifer Lopez is the exact same way everyone views Britney. 

:cigney:

Both are icons. Idiots on this forum just like to bash anyone who isn't Britney LOL but yes there are a lot of people in the GP view Britney -- as a has-been who peaked in the late 90s/early 00s (with BOMT and Toxic), went crazy for a few years, had a solid comeback for a few years, and now is doing the has-been/legacy-act thing in Vegas and is nowhere to be found on the charts. Same ******* thing as J.Lo except for the 'crazy' part...

3 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Both are icons. Idiots on this forum just like to bash anyone who isn't Britney LOL but yes there are a lot of people in the GP view Britney -- as a has-been who peaked in the late 90s/early 00s (with BOMT and Toxic), went crazy for a few years, had a solid comeback for a few years, and now is doing the has-been/legacy-act thing in Vegas and is nowhere to be found on the charts. Same ******* thing as J.Lo except for the 'crazy' part...

Exactly!! They're viewed so similarly by the GP, you would think stans would pay respect where respect is due. 

JLO is a one hit wonder in my eyes. She's a cheap copy of Mariah, produced by Mariah's ex to get back at Mariah, her hit's are other people's songs. He literally stole music from other artists for JLO to have hits. Do your pop music research. JLO is no legend she's an unoriginal try-hard. And, her songs today sound embarrassing and dated.

On 4/3/2017 at 0:48 PM, Kiiddy said:

I'm not being horrible or anything, because I loved Jlo growing up... but Jlo was never an icon or considered as a rival to Britney during the millennium.
Jlo and Britney also were seen in different categories back then as well.

Jennifer and Christina were successful and had hits, but they were brief phenomenons during the millennium.
Britney however, was considered a pop icon during the very beginning of the millennium.
While Jlo is doing well for herself still to this day, she's never really been this huge star with a huge fan base with huge impact and ground-breaking success.
Her legacy is very mediocre when you actually compare details between Britney and Jlo.
I still like Jlo though, but I think that bio thingy is a bit of a stretch.

Honey Jennifer has been #1 on just about every chart, all her videos get a few hundred million views AT LEAST, a hit tv show, she outperforms just about everyone including Beyonce, her vegas show is doing better than Piece of Me....her legacy is already solidified. Let's not act like Jennifer is not THAT ***** just because this is a britney forum. She does things with her career that Britney SHOULD do.

11 minutes ago, Kevney said:

JLO is a one hit wonder in my eyes. She's a cheap copy of Mariah, produced by Mariah's ex to get back at Mariah, her hit's are other people's songs. He literally stole music from other artists for JLO to have hits. Do your pop music research. JLO is no legend she's an unoriginal try-hard. And, her songs today sound embarrassing and dated.

How is she a one hit wonder when she has 5 #1s? And like 80 million sold? She take your man or something?

On 4/3/2017 at 5:57 PM, DMVofficial said:

You guys do know that this is an extremely accurate statement, right? I mean I know you're all extremely biased toward Britney, but her and JLO have nearly identical career paths. Both were huge in the 90's, on top of their game during the 00's, had their last spark of relevancy at the beginning of the 10's decade, both became  judges on a singing competition (same network), and both ended up doing a residency show in the same hotel. The way you guys view Jennifer Lopez is the exact same way everyone views Britney. 

:cigney:

THIS.

15 minutes ago, Kevney said:

Sis, I think she has the same (if not more) #1's as Britney. And having a producer give you a track to record isn't stealing. BOMT was originally for TLC, Toxic was originally for Kylie Minogue... It's just the way the industry works. 

On 4/3/2017 at 0:48 PM, Kiiddy said:

I'm not being horrible or anything, because I loved Jlo growing up... but Jlo was never an icon or considered as a rival to Britney during the millennium.
Jlo and Britney also were seen in different categories back then as well.

Jennifer and Christina were successful and had hits, but they were brief phenomenons during the millennium.
Britney however, was considered a pop icon during the very beginning of the millennium.
While Jlo is doing well for herself still to this day, she's never really been this huge star with a huge fan base with huge impact and ground-breaking success.
Her legacy is very mediocre when you actually compare details between Britney and Jlo.
I still like Jlo though, but I think that bio thingy is a bit of a stretch.

this.

Archived