Finally watched BEA

Tetris

Lordt was it a mess, in really bizarre ways. Accuracy aside, I was just surprised by how quick and spastic all the scenes were, but mostly couldn't get over the laziness of the wardrobe. Like, I'm well aware that it's Lifetime trash, but considering they weren't able to license even covers of her music, you'd think they'd at least do what they could to sell it with visuals. 

She's a very well-documented human - not to mention her iconic costumes - and just none of it looked like stuff she's worn. The 2000 VMA (hotpants?!) was closer to the 2007 VMA costume than the one they even used in that scene! And they kept putting her in skinny jeans before skinny jeans were even historically a thing. Even the hairstyles...A PURPLE WIG INSTEAD OF THE ICONIC PINK?! Like, Britney eras are very easy to differentiate from without even needing to be a fan, but I kept finding myself confused about what was supposed to be past & "present" (For The Record) until the dialogue helped clarify. 

It was obvious that the actors did their best and just had garbage script/direction/editing to work with. And I feel bad that some of them probably think this will be a step up for their resumes. Natasha was really sweet, and at least the Britney character was written in a way that didn't demonize her. It was obvious that the creators *did* see Justin as a villain, and I appreciate how committed that actor was to selling the cheese he had to say & do. 

I thought it was funny that all the people who are **** in real life were cast with serious downgrades, and then all the people who aren't that cute got portrayed by significantly more attractive actors. I kept just being like "so-and-so WISHES THEY LOOKED LIKE THAT." (The actor who played K-Fed was pretty hot, at least in this group. And Larry...I can't.)

It makes me wonder if decades from now we'll get a self-serious Hollywood Britney biopic a la Tina Turner (What's Love Got To Do With It) and Marilyn Monroe (My Week With Marilyn). Both of those actors were nominated for Academy Awards in those roles. 

I know I'm super late to the game, but just wanted to share my thoughts and welcome some of yours because I didn't really read those threads. 

WHAT DID YOU THINK (not including boring statements about historical accuracy or how it was disrespectful to our Queen)??? 

I also thought it was funny that they used the same stage set for every performance scene and used the same child to play Jamie-Lynn during scenes that were like a decade apart (queen of not aging). 

I also REALLY WONDER if Brit watched it. Like, did curiosity kill the cat and she caved in to just be like in total awe at the jaw-dropping fuckery???

Cheers if you read this. 

:bigkiss:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest $elfish

The most thing that triggered me was the purple wig ... I was staring at the ******* screen like:gtfo:

also there's this scene in the 2007 vmas thing where Justin comes to her in the dressing room is that real? I'm not sure:thinkney:

Just now, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

The most thing that triggered me was the purple wig ... I was staring at the ******* screen like:gtfo:

also there's this scene in the 2007 vmas thing where Justin comes to her in the dressing room is that real? I'm not sure:thinkney:

There's a rumour (one of many about that night) that alleges he came to wish her luck beforehand and that contributed to her supposed nervousness and resulting sloppiness. 

Archived