I really want a complete era from her

HenryBai

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sinned_88 said:

I really enjoyed RH as an album, it was really solid. The era on the other hand.. bad single choices, flopping singles, a tour that was overshadowed by her weird custody battle with Guy Ritchie over their son. She really seemed unstable.

Really, that and her falling off stage at the BRIT awards are the only things I remember from that era. COADF for example, was a far better era from her.

Firstly, the whole custody thing wasn't entirely her fault. Her son is a teen and since she leads a very strict and scheduled life, he wanted the opposite which is pretty much why he wanted to live with his father. The same man who openly stated he isn't for education which is the opposite of Madonna and wasn't he caught doing ***** while under his father's care? The tour wasn't overshadowed by it. She's bound to affected by it. He's her child and she's still maintaining her professionalism by going forward with her tour stops than cancelling like Janet or various other artists. She's learned to be productive under scrutiny. She is human after all.

The RH campaign was a failed plan from the get go. Releasing Living For Love and doing nothing for two months and expecting it to suddenly surge on the charts. Had she been smart, she would have released Ghosttown first since it was the only track that hadn't leaked but then again she included it in the six song pack along with the other singles so when the time came for their release, everyone already purchased that wanted them aside from devoted fans buying multiple copies.

Well the Brits incident just showed how much of a professional she is. The era had its positives; more promo than Hard Candy or MDNA, lots of classics and forgotten tracks were performed after so long, she did shows, interviews, and promo on awards show. It was definitely on par with Confessions promotion wise.

14 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

FF was terrible minus music, videos and the fact we got more singles.

Like the promo really was the start of losing big parts of our fanbase. We were strong until that terrible era. 

If anything we should wish for Circus era. The promo was top notch minus dancing 

It wasn't

How are 6 performances of the lead single + 1 one of the second around the album release top notch promo? Without any major award performance? Is that what we'd call top notch promo for her early eras? I don't think so

Also she was very guarded back then and did only a few interviews to which she'd reply "really really cool" all the time

48 minutes ago, Rico. said:

It wasn't

How are 6 performances of the lead single + 1 one of the second around the album release top notch promo? Without any major award performance? Is that what we'd call top notch promo for her early eras? I don't think so

Also she was very guarded back then and did only a few interviews to which she'd reply "really really cool" all the time

Her brand was pushed to a higher level that is why it was a strong era. From the strong magazine shoots, to candies (huge company exposure), to full singles releases, to promoting in other countries, to fan contests. To a huge quality tour.

It was her last strong era. So what if she didn't do a huge performance yet. After 2007 it was unlikely. Would have weakened the comeback because we all know her dancing was worse back than. 

29 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Her brand was pushed to a higher level that is why it was a strong era. From the strong magazine shoots, to candies (huge company exposure), to full singles releases, to promoting in other countries, to fan contests. To a huge quality tour.

It was her last strong era. So what if she didn't do a huge performance yet. After 2007 it was unlikely. Would have weakened the comeback because we all know her dancing was worse back than. 

I am not saying it wasn't strong, and actually as I said earlier they played the comeback card really well BUT that does not mean the promo itself was top notch or whatsoever

That kind of promo would not have turned her into a legend

As for full singles releases, she only promoted 2 (only once for Circus) of them and one was recycled... 

And the huge quality tour didn't have a DVD and didn't promote its current album, Circus

So, once again, it was strong cause they played the comeback card really well, by her looking gorgeous and posing for relevant magazine covers indeed but that was about it. Back then I remember her performances disappointing, and also the lack of promo. It's annoying when fans act like it was Primeney level of promotion

3 hours ago, Rico. said:

I am not saying it wasn't strong, and actually as I said earlier they played the comeback card really well BUT that does not mean the promo itself was top notch or whatsoever

That kind of promo would not have turned her into a legend

As for full singles releases, she only promoted 2 (only once for Circus) of them and one was recycled... 

And the huge quality tour didn't have a DVD and didn't promote its current album, Circus

So, once again, it was strong cause they played the comeback card really well, by her looking gorgeous and posing for relevant magazine covers indeed but that was about it. Back then I remember her performances disappointing, and also the lack of promo. It's annoying when fans act like it was Primeney level of promotion

It was the best we got in the last decade. Yes it was good and it's my second fav era ever. It was exciting! 

I loved her performances during that era way more than now most of the time. The them was great and the props and Britney's presence overshadowed the not so well dancing. She did more promo for those singles than any other since primeney.

On 17/03/2017 at 3:42 PM, BOBIBCFBG said:

Yes I have been waiting for Vegas to be over for the last like 2 years. It gets in the way of everything. 

Does it really though?

I mean she did the BBMAs, the VMAs and televised festivals, something she didn't do for Circus or FF with no residency

2 hours ago, Rico. said:

Does it really though?

I mean she did the BBMAs, the VMAs and televised festivals, something she didn't do for Circus or FF with no residency

Well while she was promoting her album, singles and during interviews at said festivals it was all about Vegas. So she barely promoted her album and singles. And they don't even care to release a 3rd single bc they are concentrating on Vegas. And they only put 2 songs from BJ in the show (3 at a few shows) and 3 songs from Glory bc she's still in Vegas and isn't doing  proper tours. So - yes.

On 16-3-2017 at 7:29 PM, Dollanganger said:

Firstly, the whole custody thing wasn't entirely her fault. Her son is a teen and since she leads a very strict and scheduled life, he wanted the opposite which is pretty much why he wanted to live with his father. The same man who openly stated he isn't for education which is the opposite of Madonna and wasn't he caught doing ***** while under his father's care? The tour wasn't overshadowed by it. She's bound to affected by it. He's her child and she's still maintaining her professionalism by going forward with her tour stops than cancelling like Janet or various other artists. She's learned to be productive under scrutiny. She is human after all.

The RH campaign was a failed plan from the get go. Releasing Living For Love and doing nothing for two months and expecting it to suddenly surge on the charts. Had she been smart, she would have released Ghosttown first since it was the only track that hadn't leaked but then again she included it in the six song pack along with the other singles so when the time came for their release, everyone already purchased that wanted them aside from devoted fans buying multiple copies.

Well the Brits incident just showed how much of a professional she is. The era had its positives; more promo than Hard Candy or MDNA, lots of classics and forgotten tracks were performed after so long, she did shows, interviews, and promo on awards show. It was definitely on par with Confessions promotion wise.

I agree with a lot of the things that you're saying and I'm not trying to attack Madonna, I really admire her. I'm just saying, if you want to give an example of how an era should be, RH isn't the best option imo. There have been far better era's. 

On 16/03/2017 at 5:21 PM, brit_wing said:

I feel you sis:otears: I also become a stan around TSC 

actaully i know britney during blackout era but i was like 10 at that time and my skill of reading english and browsing the internet was so so limited, so I only partly experienced circus era:otears: As i get in secondary school I get TSC +FF and everything was cool as hell: no.1  debut, lit music videos, load of hits etc. Even my friends like her, I was so happy. Just that she look exhausted and unmotivated in performance. But i believed it would only get better since she was recovering from the breakdown.

After BJ and Glory i learnt that i may never get a complete era again:sassybrit: I will always remember the glorious time i have with FF, even if it is not a good era according to most stan

:bigkiss: it's kind of lucky we caught up with her before her last number 1 albums and hits:wendycry: 

Archived