The Glory era was good

Cappycorn87

It's sad but Glory is just a chapter in POM era... Most of the promo she did was for POM, that's nothing new. ITZ era was insane and definitely my favorite Britney era, I still remember the first time I listened to the ITZ as if it happened yesterday...  :mcry: 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she looked great, i liked her awards performances, thats something ive wanted her to do for a long time.. i liked her uk promo and sp is one of her best videos. 

everything else sucked. album wasnt properly promoted, it was just occasionally mentioned in interviews. focus was on POM once again, and it really led nowhere.

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

It's different when its an album thats her vision

Yeah, that's what matters about it. 

Oh man, she said so good words about Britney Jean. The most personal, so therapeutic etc. 

But I do agree, we could see right through it.

When she has talked about Glory, to my mind, she still has not talked too much about the songs etc...

I just hope she would talk more passionate about the album other than "cool, it's my baby, it's very exciting"

things like

"My favorite song off the album is Man On The Moon, We had great time writing Just Like Me, I love the beat on Better etc"

And for the promo, more glory, less POM

22 hours ago, Maryy said:

she did a lot of promo... even though it was all identical and stuff. it was in a short period of time AND mostly on US only.

PLUS, she just did promo for Make Me and mostly POM Las Vegas. there was almost no proper promo for HER ALBUM, GLORY. neither their songs. :sassybrit:

people tend to confuse POM Las Vegas promo with Glory's promo. :gloss:

:byebitch:

This. 

The era wasn't very good at all. It's a step up from BJ but that was the worst of the worst.

In term of promotion and commercial strategy glory is only better than BJ, which is actually the worst:sassybrit:
But i gotta say In term of emotional well being and health glory and BJ is better than FF

Can't believe I have become a stan for almost 10 years till now and FF is actually the only complete era I experienced:sofedup::otears: 
I will always treasure and remember how happy i was during FF era cause it may be the only full era i will ever get #DEAD

16 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

We got good music and thats all that matters

I would rather the music be amazing but that's not all what matters. She's sabotaging her own career by not promoting and only concentrating on Vegas. As a fan, I want to see her doing amazingly and I want other people to know how good she is. I want them to see her like they see Beyonce and all those other pop girls that have great reputations and win awards and still have hits.

28 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I would rather the music be amazing but that's not all what matters. She's sabotaging her own career by not promoting and only concentrating on Vegas. As a fan, I want to see her doing amazingly and I want other people to know how good she is. I want them to see her like they see Beyonce and all those other pop girls that have great reputations and win awards and still have hits.

I hope you not talking about Tyalor Swift and Selena Gomez when you mention other girls because both them ******* is mediocre as ****

When all is said and done, the music is whats remembered the most and lives on the longest, and Britney is doing a good job

I agree that she did a lot of things, but they weren't fully capitalized on or even worked through. Like Carpool Karaoke, no one cared about it, ppl joked about how she was still lipsynching in the car and you could barely hear her. She did VMAs but it was a mess and she looked out of her league compared to other performers that night. Definitely not the comeback they amped it up to be. She did those festivals, sure. But they weren't televised and only if you're following her and what she was up to would you know that she was performing at them. No big buzz at all. Most of the time she only did MM and POM stuff. So still, it felt more like greatest hits performances. She did  overseas interviews, but again, no one cared. Like her team could have been super strategic about her promotional strategy. She did no SNL, no daytime talk show, (that little Ellen thing where they didn't even mention her album doesn't count), no late night talk show (Fallon? Kimmel?), no memorable red carpet moments where she possibly could have talked about the album/gotten praise for her looks (other than VMAs), no viral social strategy for her fans to make viral. There were definitely a lot of lapses in my opinion.  

This is joke right? lol :ponderney: The only good things about this era are the songs, the music was good but everything else was a big mess. Slumber Party wasn't even released as a proper single with a ******* singlecover, that says it all. And with a lot of promo? Yeah, she did so much promo that in the UK she forgot to mention her album during a whole interview!! (Well, her team cut that part because she talked about the c-ship)

It's the same **** as with Britney Jean, with the only difference that this time the music was good. :byebitch:

1 hour ago, Cappycorn87 said:

I hope you not talking about Tyalor Swift and Selena Gomez when you mention other girls because both them ******* is mediocre as ****

When all is said and done, the music is whats remembered the most and lives on the longest, and Britney is doing a good job

Def not Selena but kind of Taylor. I agree, I don't like her, but her marketing team is good and she cares about her career and puts in a lot of effort.

Yes - Glory was a good album but nobody knows it if they don't promote it and if they release 2 singles and don't promote them. Things flop and then the era dies. The only people that will remember the Glory music are the fans. It deserves more than that.

Archived