TBT: Britney Learns She Can Sing, "Boring Pop Scene"

IconicShow

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Cyndi Lauper on Britney Spears' singing:  "But Christina was a different kind of performer than Britney-and although everybody says Britney can't sing, it's bullshit.  She can sing-she just can't sing like she does on the record, because no one can, really.  Those Swedish producers she worked with made her stop at every word.  That's why her voice sounds like that-so controlled.  I would have killed those producers.  They would have been dead."- Cyndi Lauper: A Memoir

The truth is, though, that if her voice wasn't altered like that I doubt she would ever have become as big as she did because of its distinctiveness.  It also feeds into the theory that a lot of Spears' music wasn't really created or even meant to be sung live.

There is probably also the matter of confidence as she as hardly looked confident on stage since 2007.

where were you durning Circus and the past 2 years of POM?

16 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

this interview is 10 years old. If her knee was still bothering her she wouldnt do a million squats as choreo or do as many pirouettes (thats what she injured her knee on) of course her knee was still hurting back then. It happened a short time ago. Stuff like that can take years to heal properly.

Just because it's healed doesn't take away her message of if she goes for it that's when her knee starts snapping and she feels like it's not going to happen.

That's obvious in the choreography in most of her latest videos.

Piece of me

Circus

Womanizer

Till the world ends

Make me

most of her routines now are basic cause shes scared

This right here is so sad because it's true... :tifftear:

Hearing herself sing to Sean Preston has proved a turning point. “When I was little, I would listen to myself,” she says. “But the record label signs you, and you’re just thankful to get a hit song. You can’t really show off your voice and where you came from.”

Archived