Let's All Appreciate This ICONIC Interview

Zephyr.

This was honestly hard for me to watch. Of course, it's possible that she was just exhausted from the FF promo/touring, sick, etc., but she honestly appears severely depressed here and is either unable and/or uninterested in even making an effort to appear otherwise for a few short minutes. It's really notable that when they asked her a question about being stranded, she took it to an entirely different level and actually essentially referenced suicide, when the initial question had nothing to do with death. What stands out the most is her phrasing, "because it would be up to me whether to jump or not" and her specifically mentioning having that "control."

IMO, her answer and expounding rationale to that question was not just alarming but really indicative of her feeling as though she had no free will and was unable to escape from this prison that had been constructed around her. That one question essentially continues right where FTR left off, implying her "feeling like a prisoner" had not improved in the years since (or perhaps even worsened).

Obviously, this interview was years ago and she presently appears to be in an entirely different stage in her life and seems genuinely happy, for which I am thrilled. But looking back on this really made me feel so much for her.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Can we just all agree she looks SO MUCH BETTER NOW. 

I mean, this was worse than Femme Fatale! Her eyes looked sooooo dead. This isn't Britney. 

I know she's probably had stuff done to her face, but whatever she has done recently, she has the fire back in her eyes and she looks like herself again!

She literally looks like she's in her 20's again!!

she was bored in that interview, that's it. this was the time she started looking happy again - and if I'm not wrong she did other interviews in the same day looking ok.

so no, it's NOT worse than femme fatale and yes, it was Britney. 

you guys like to overreact about everything :byebitch:

13 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

This was honestly hard for me to watch. Of course, it's possible that she was just exhausted from the FF promo/touring, sick, etc., but she honestly appears severely depressed here and is either unable and/or uninterested in even making an effort to appear otherwise for a few short minutes. It's really notable that when they asked her a question about being stranded, she took it to an entirely different level and actually essentially referenced suicide, when the initial question had nothing to do with death. What stands out the most is her phrasing, "because it would be up to me whether to jump or not" and her specifically mentioning having that "control."

IMO, her answer and expounding rationale to that question was not just alarming but really indicative of her feeling as though she had no free will and was unable to escape from this prison that had been constructed around her. That one question essentially continues right where FTR left off, implying her "feeling like a prisoner" had not improved in the years since (or perhaps even worsened).

Obviously, this interview was years ago and she presently appears to be in an entirely different stage in her life and seems genuinely happy, for which I am thrilled. But looking back on this really made me feel so much for her.

She wasn't happy about everything surrounding Britney Jean I guess. She just wanted another direction

Archived