What should I use to introduce Britney's music to a person?

ImSoCurious

I have a dilemma. :meltdown:  There is this girl that doesn't really know Britney's music to well and I really want to show her some songs and stuff to make her like Britney. This girl is 13, likes Beyonce, and has a relatively open mind for a teenager.  She's quirky and different, but is really part of the GP music wise. Oh and she doesn't like Katy Perry ( :hype:)

I would show her the BOMT and Toxic videos, the 2001 VMAs, and some songs on ITZ, Blackout, and Glory. That's what I think she would like best, but I'd like to hear Exhale's opinion. 

Can y'all recommend 5 or so songs, videos, or performances to show her?  :gloss:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also show her stuff that would make her like Britney as a person. If she could connect with Britney, it would really make her appreciate her music more. I think that you should start with the classics such as Baby, Oops, Toxic, Gimme More, Womanizer, TTWE. Then maybe Overprotected, Crazy, Stronger, Amy, the lead single off B10 "Radar", Just Luv Me, DYWCO, Make Me, Slumber Party, Better, Love Me Down. There's tons. I would also definitely show her the video of Everytime in order to show off emotional/vulnerable balladney amongst the videos of Toxic, Baby, Oops, and Slumber Party. Maybe show some live videos from POM where Britney looked really good and was nailing the choreo; A la  Slave, MATM, WB, maybe SP :hipney:

I wouldn't really show her anything off Brenda Eugene except for Work *****. 

1 hour ago, PokéSpears said:

If she doesn't know Britney, there's something really wrong with her, probably she needs a doctor first :P 

It's really hard, if you wanna show her the true Britney, the best of her, start with Oops. If you want something more current, then use DYWCO or Man on the Moon

she is 13 :mariahstare: 

Music videos:

BOMT it's a classic 

Oops

Stronger

Overprotected 

Toxic

Slave

Womanizer 

Til the world ends, I guess these are the most impacful music videos 

PERFORMANCES

Vma's 00/01/03

AMA's 01

Oops/Crazy/Boys from the DWAD 

The in the zone Dvd 

SONGS 

As you already showed her some music videos try to select those songs that best shows her vocal skills like Where are you now?, Everytime, Shadow, Hot as ice, I'm not a girl...,  and so on...

Oh, and also show her some real LIVE performances. I little advice, try to be careful with the amount of Britney info you give this 13 year old girl, cause if you spam her with Britney, Britney, Britney and more Britney she will end up hating her. 

Videos she needs to watch:

• ...Baby One More Time
  • (You Drive Me) Crazy
  • Oops!... I Did It Again
  • Lucky
  • Stronger
  • Overprotected (International)
  • Toxic
  • Womanizer
  • Circus
  • Criminal
  • Work *****
  • Slumber Party (just because it's the latest)

Performances:

• VMA's 2000
  • VMA's 2001
  • Dream Within a Dream Tour
  • Toxic ABC Special
  • Something from POM 2.0

Other songs she needs to know:

• Can't Make You Love Me
  • Lonely
  • Breathe on Me
  • Break the Ice
  • If U Seek Amy
  • Till the World Ends
  • Trip to Your Heart
  • Scary
  • Now That I Found You

First album she should listen to:

• GLORY (cause it'll be a glorious day lol)

She likes Beyonce, not Katy Perry.

Focus more on Britney's more urban / R&B material rather than her dance pop stuff.

Introduce her to Blackout, followed by In the Zone and then Glory. If she's receptive, then you can start tossing in more pure pop such as Circus, Britney and then the dance like Femme Fatale and Britney Jean.

Save the teen pop of Baby and Oops for last.

y'all are deluded thinking you can show a 13 year old girl songs from bomt, oops, or britney

she'll hate that stuff, its so dated (I love it but a 13 year old girl will hate it)

show her stuff from Glory, its the most modern sounding album Britney has and Im sure she'll love it

many of the songs on glory sound like stuff on the radio, so stick with glory

:forkit:

Archived