What should I use to introduce Britney's music to a person?

ImSoCurious

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think it is, because it's 90% sure that if someone knows Britney, but not her music, is not gonna be for very positive reasons. Maybe they've just heard about 2007, or the lipsync, or stuff like that. I mean, remove anything related to her songs, videos, performances, etc. what else could they know Britney from? So knowing who she is, but not the true reasons why she's so talked about, why she became so famous and why she's still relevant to this day, is the saddest thing I can imagine.

It would be less bad if she didn't know her, because she's too young, or she's from another planet, or whatever the reasons, than knowing about Britney's existence and believing there's nothing good or interesting about her, perhaps believing she's just some kind of Kim Kardashian who's famous just because. Either way, it's never too late to see the light :mhm:

umm i think you're way overthinking this. Chances are also that she saw her VMA performance since she's a Beyoncé fan. She doesn't necessarily think badly of her. She obviously knows Britney makes music and performs, she's just not familiar with her work.

Of course it's sad that she doesn't link Britney's name with her iconic moments and iconic music.

On 2/24/2017 at 3:13 PM, PokemonSpears said:

that's even worse, I mean, not even BOMT? Toxic? Oops? Scream & Shout? She's not 5, there are just songs that whoever that has listened to pop music has to know, whether is a fan or not, whether they believe they're sung by the Cheetah Girls or Spice Girls :embarrassney: they're just pop culture.

But I guess it's better late than never.

I met someone in college last year who confessed the only Britney song he knew was Circus! I don't even think he knew BOMT or any of the classics. He had spent a lot of time in New York so it's not like he was somewhere where Britney would never be played. Total and utter :flop: I can't deal with people like that :donewithit:

20 minutes ago, SomeoneGimmeBritney said:

I met someone in college last year who confessed the only Britney song he knew was Circus! I don't even think he knew BOMT or any of the classics. He had spent a lot of time in New York so it's not like he was somewhere where Britney would never be played. Total and utter :flop: I can't deal with people like that :donewithit:

I think if you werent around for the TRL days her in America you may not know her iconic moments which were all like 99 to 2003. If you were born around that time unless you searched for it how would you know? They prolly see her as justa singer with some popular dance tracks.

1 hour ago, thefierceone said:

I think if you werent around for the TRL days her in America you may not know her iconic moments which were all like 99 to 2003. If you were born around that time unless you searched for it how would you know? They prolly see her as justa singer with some popular dance tracks.

The guy I spoke to was at least 20 (and this was in late 2015/early '16) so he would have been a child when Britney was in her prime. I'm surprised he didn't seem to know anything of her. I mentioned all the classics and he just looked at me blankly. He did listen to music but not Britney or pop. Probably one of those into dreary boys with guitars type bands.

Archived