What should I use to introduce Britney's music to a person?

ImSoCurious

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depends on her personal taste really, if she likes retro early 2000's pop make her listen to BOMT/OIDA era stuff, if she likes electronic/dance FF album is your best bet.

but since she likes Beyonce I think you should introduce her to blackout since it's Britney's most r&b/hip hop influenced album, every song on that album is a smash and single worthy you can't go wrong with BO.

9 hours ago, PokéSpears said:

If she doesn't know Britney, there's something really wrong with her, probably she needs a doctor first :P 

It's really hard, if you wanna show her the true Britney, the best of her, start with Oops. If you want something more current, then use DYWCO or Man on the Moon

7 hours ago, Oxic said:

she is 13 :mariahstare: 

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

and yet she knows Beyoncé

The OP is saying she doesn't know Britney's music not Britney herself. :mariahstare:

I'm thinking which songs I liked the most when I was 13, ummm...:

Slave 4 you

I've just begun having my fun

Lucky

Born to make you happy

Overprotected Darkchild remix

Toxic

I got that boom boom

any song from Blackout, femme fatale is a very fun album, and maybe some circus songs like "Womanizer" "Shattered Glass" "Phonography" 

Personally I pay attention to what type of music my friends listen to, and put Britney's songs in my playlist accordingly. 

4 hours ago, button said:

The OP is saying she doesn't know Britney's music not Britney herself. :mariahstare:

that's even worse, I mean, not even BOMT? Toxic? Oops? Scream & Shout? She's not 5, there are just songs that whoever that has listened to pop music has to know, whether is a fan or not, whether they believe they're sung by the Cheetah Girls or Spice Girls :embarrassney: they're just pop culture.

But I guess it's better late than never.

4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

that's even worse, I mean, not even BOMT? Toxic? Oops? Scream & Shout? She's not 5, there are just songs that whoever that has listened to pop music has to know, whether is a fan or not, whether they believe they're sung by the Cheetah Girls or Spice Girls :embarrassney: they're just pop culture.

But I guess it's better late than never.

No it's not worse, of course not. Knowing Britney Spears but not her music is nowhere near as bad as not knowing both.

She may not know the titles or who they're sung by but I'm sure she'll recognize Toxic at least.

@I'mSoCurious keep us updated.

Give her visuals to accompany the music, tbh

We all fell in love with Britney for her immense star power - it was everything about her, the music videos the amazing performances the choreography her beauty her star power her sexuality.... The music alone is amazing and ends careers (as it did), but to really stan you need the whole package.

Show her the ABC special, make her watch some of Primeney's best videos and performances. Based on her liking Beyonce (or, honestly, she probably just thinks she likes Beyonce) she'll most likely connect with Blackout or ITZ

If you're worried about her thinking Britney's music is dated (which it isn't, its flawless and timeless :queenriri:) then show her Glory. Glory has some really fresh and current sounds that she'll easily recognize 

12 hours ago, button said:

No it's not worse, of course not. Knowing Britney Spears but not her music is nowhere near as bad as not knowing both.

She may not know the titles or who they're sung by but I'm sure she'll recognize Toxic at least.

@I'mSoCurious keep us updated.

I think it is, because it's 90% sure that if someone knows Britney, but not her music, is not gonna be for very positive reasons. Maybe they've just heard about 2007, or the lipsync, or stuff like that. I mean, remove anything related to her songs, videos, performances, etc. what else could they know Britney from? So knowing who she is, but not the true reasons why she's so talked about, why she became so famous and why she's still relevant to this day, is the saddest thing I can imagine.

It would be less bad if she didn't know her, because she's too young, or she's from another planet, or whatever the reasons, than knowing about Britney's existence and believing there's nothing good or interesting about her, perhaps believing she's just some kind of Kim Kardashian who's famous just because. Either way, it's never too late to see the light :mhm:

Archived