New Natasha interview - They show nothing after 2008

kasavas

3 minutes ago, Don Juan said:

The very fact that she is getting her biopic shows she´s a LEGEND.  Be grateful.  She is just 35.

I am one of the few people in here that NEVER complains or throw shade or anything at britney and are happy with everything SHE does, ive been a hard core fan since 98. And that is also why i want a GREAT movie about her life bc she is a legend, not a cheap movie with low budget and thats my opinion. Has nothing to do with Britney.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Melinda said:

I am one of the few people in here that NEVER complains or throw shade or anything at britney and are happy with everything SHE does, ive been a hard core fan since 98. And that is also why i want a GREAT movie about her life bc she is a legend, not a cheap movie with low budget and thats my opinion. Has nothing to do with Britney.

It's a lifetime movie, not an Oscar movie... they did the same thing with Whitney and with the same budget... the most important thing is how they will show us her life, not the budget.. with a low budget Britney did Slumber Party and it's one of the most beautiful MV ever.. and with a lot of money for make me 1, make me 2 they did a big ****..

5 minutes ago, Melinda said:

Um, then wait another 50 years.

• Super Mods
22 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Y'all need to understand that there is no point in showing anything after 2008.

The plot is:

Britney the child star

Britney the pop star

Britney the fall from grace

Britney the comeback

The End

Tacking on the FF and Vegas eras would be redundant / irrelevant because nothing major that is essential to the main plot above has happened since then.

I think we've talked about this before, but in my perspective, it's sad that they decide to put "the end" right after "the comeback," when in reality, we know she experienced a nice amount of life after 2008.

Wouldnt it be a more whole story to show that after her comeback in 2008, she was able to experience success and new career highs after coming back from so low. Wouldn't it be a more holistic story if they st least referenced that she hit a rough spot in 2010, to then eventually be at an even better place (2016). It's a tired trope that the "plot" as you summarized moves in such a linear direction, since life doesn't work that way.

I'd love to see a more varied story than the one that everyone essentially knows about Britney. But then again, this ain't an Oscar-budget film. :smokney:

21 minutes ago, Don Juan said:

STOP! We all know she stepped out of the public eye since 2008 so obviously it would stop there.  FYI she got 3 BB #1s since 2008.

FYI wouldn't you think they'd want to mention those 3 BB #1s? Or reference it? :weusay: I'm not saying her career ended in 2008, but the movie plot/narrative does; I was merely pointing out how tired that narrative is, since Britney has had career success (where her fans want to believe it or not) after 2008.

Just thought it'd be nice if they told the whole story lmao :tiffdrink:

Just now, SlayOut said:

I think we've talked about this before, but in my perspective, it's sad that they decide to put "the end" right after "the comeback," when in reality, we know she experienced a nice amount of life after 2008.

Wouldnt it be a more whole story to show that after her comeback in 2008, she was able to experience success and new career highs after coming back from so low. Wouldn't it be a more holistic story if they st least referenced that she hit a rough spot in 2010, to then eventually be at an even better place (2016). It's a tired trope that the "plot" as you summarized moves in such a linear direction, since life doesn't work that way.

I'd love to see a more varied story than the one that everyone essentially knows about Britney. But then again, this ain't an Oscar-budget film. :smokney:

WITHOUT CONFLICT THERE IS NO STORY!  No one wants to read an extended resolution.

4 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

FYI wouldn't you think they'd want to mention those 3 BB #1s? Or reference it? :weusay: I'm not saying her career ended in 2008, but the movie plot/narrative does; I was merely pointing out how tired that narrative is, since Britney has had career success (where her fans want to believe it or not) after 2008.

HER LIFE SINCE 2008 IS BORING.  NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT.

8 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

But no1curr about that.

It's like someone making a movie about Beyonce. The main thing would be Beyonce becoming a star, meeting / marrying JAY Z and him cheating on her.

Same with Britney. It's about her becoming a star, getting married, having children, having a breakdown and getting back up.

The story ends after the conflict ends.

Britney has not had any real conflict since 2008. 2010 is all speculation, we don't know what happened and only the stans know about that anyway.

Having another 10 year span after the breakdown is irrelevant because there's no more story to tell. If they were smart, they'll show a montage of things Britney has achieved since 2008 in the end credits.

• Super Mods
6 minutes ago, Don Juan said:

HER LIFE SINCE 2008 IS BORING.  NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT.

Lmao so I guess people would rather be fed the same story they already basically know (the start, the rise, the stumble, the fall, the comeback), instead of actually learning about or becoming interested to see where the story goes from there (the comeback). Lmao why do you think the GP nearly not as interested in Britney now. While yeah Britney has scaled back her amount of time in the spotlight, maybe it's also because the GP doesn't know her story past a certain timeframe.

Whatever tho lmaooo :byebitch:

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Having another 10 year span after the breakdown is irrelevant because there's no more story to tell. If they were smart, they'll show a montage of things Britney has achieved since 2008 in the end credits.

Now that makes sense.  TBH if they don´t do that I´d be a bit dissappointed.

32 minutes ago, The Dream said:

A come back story that ends in 2008 isn't a comeback story... 

I assume they will cover the Circus era and nothing after that. I think that's "what ending in 2008" means. They will most likely recreate the VMA 2008 and the movie will end showing her on the Circus tour performing for massive crowds.

Just now, SlayOut said:

Lmao so I guess people would rather be fed the same story they already basically know (the start, the rise, the stumble, the fall, the comeback), instead of actually learning about or becoming interested to see where the story goes from there (the comeback). Lmao why do you think the GP nearly not as interested in Britney now. While yeah Britney has scaled back her amount of time in the spotlight, maybe it's also because the GP doesn't know her story past a certain timeframe.

Whatever tho lmaooo :byebitch:

WHAT NOTEWORTHY STORY CAN BE SHOWN AFTER 2008? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME?

48 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Y'all need to understand that there is no point in showing anything after 2008.

The plot is:

Britney the child star

Britney the pop star

Britney the fall from grace

Britney the comeback

The End

Tacking on the FF and Vegas eras would be redundant / irrelevant because nothing major that is essential to the main plot above has happened since then.

Makes sense bb :britlol:

Archived