Was telephone offered to Britney

Michaelgiftos

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Michaelgiftos said:

I read somewhere online that telephone by lady Gaga was offered to Britney the other day. Is that true cuz it would've been perfect On circus or blackout. Does anyone know why she didn't accept it? Would you have wanted her to sing it?:yaknow:

she refused it because she liked phonography better :mhm: and she was right

There were masses of people flocking in LA to offer songs to Briney as a token of respect and admiration to her beauty and legacy

One of those people was young, up n coming bundle of energy Stefanie 2b45b788c623292c81daf822ec2f4dbd.jpg

Britney of course, as the kind soul that she is, agreed to give that cute beat a try but in the end they could all agree that it didn't work

"But don't be saddened my child", said Britney to young Stefanie "I shall allow you to record this gift you brought me and its success can be yours"

and that was the creation of Lady Gaga

ReWZp.gif

@Michaelgiftos

She recorded the song in 2008 during the Circus sessions but it was left off the album because Phonography was already there and they didn't want two songs about phones on the album.

Which makes 0 sense because:

Break the Ice / Hot As Ice

But anyway, then they wanted to release it on The Singles Collection in 2009 but Gaga decided she wanted to keep it for herself and released it on The Fame Monster instead.

7 minutes ago, The Holy Spearit said:

UGH Gaga should have featured Britney instead but Beyonce was THIRSTY for a hit feature since after the sasha fierce era ended she wanted more relevancy and wanted to use and  milk Gaga's success :4music: Whereas a collab with Britney and Gaga would have felt more genuine since Gaga has been a britney fan since childhood and Britney doesn't care for success. 

I think Gaga was just salty that Britney basically put the song on hold and then once she had big success Britney was going to release it but Gaga knew she needed that hit song on her next album. :mj:

31 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

There were masses of people flocking in LA to offer songs to Briney as a token of respect and admiration to her beauty and legacy

One of those people was young, up n coming bundle of energy Stefanie 2b45b788c623292c81daf822ec2f4dbd.jpg

Britney of course, as the kind soul that she is, agreed to give that cute beat a try but in the end they could all agree that it didn't work

"But don't be saddened my child", said Britney to young Stefanie "I shall allow you to record this gift you brought me and its success can be yours"

and that was the creation of Lady Gaga

ReWZp.gif

Such novelty :rihclap:. Please tell another story :plzney:

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

@Michaelgiftos

She recorded the song in 2008 during the Circus sessions but it was left off the album because Phonography was already there and they didn't want two songs about phones on the album.

Which makes 0 sense because:

Break the Ice / Hot As Ice

But anyway, then they wanted to release it on The Singles Collection in 2009 but Gaga decided she wanted to keep it for herself and released it on The Fame Monster instead.

It makes sense, both Telephone and Phonography are about telephones, Break The Ice and Hot As Ice just use the same word but are not about ice nor has relation at all

Lady Gaga and Darkchild wrote Telephone back in 2008 for Circus, but Britney didn't place it on the album. Then Gaga wanted to put it on The Fame Monster and have it feature Britney, but Britney wanted to use it on The Singles Collection. After that Gaga abandoned Britney completely and chose to feature Beyonce on the track. So basically there's two versions of Telephone: Britney's solo version and the version with Britney and Gaga, both have leaked. Imo Britney made the right choice not putting Telephone on any album, because 3 and Phonography >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Telephone

Btw, do we have confirmation that Britney didn't put Telephone on Circus because she already had one phone-themed song on it (Phonography), or is that just a fan theory. Because it sounds like some cute fan-made story.

Archived