Slumber Party Radio Update...and definitely NOT a good one...!

andreafly1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

They listened to fans By releasing this one. Her biggest flop in 18 years. 

Now end the era by releasing a good single like liar or lmd or go recording b10 

Any song is going to flop without hype and promo. Slumber Party wasn't promoted anywhere (no, radio festivals that aren't televised isn't real promo).

24 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

You were talking about songs "not charting" like INAG or Boys. Could you remind us the sales of these 2 singles and compare them to SP's sales ? :)

You're trying to argue that a song which didn't chart at all on the Hot 100 is more successful than one which charted and has more streams? :madonna:

Boys - 38,000

Slumber Party outsold it (despite a worse sales climate), outstreamed it, outcharted it and outpeaked it on radio. Boys peaked at #32 on pop. SP's peak so far is #29.

Overprotected is an even bigger flop with only 33,000 sales and a #32 peak on pop as well. :omgreallyney:

SP is not her biggest flop, deal with it.   :omgreallyney:

15 times my ***. You listen too much to Liar, it fried your brain. Poor thing. :NYsassy:

19 minutes ago, button said:

Yes, if she released Liar or Love Me Down, they would have had success. It was just a matter of single choice, right? Just that.

Some of you still being in denial. Praying for you all. :NYsassy:

Liar and Love Me Down are more radio friendly, and they were the best selling non single tracks after the album's release.

5 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

I don't get why you are lying. Is it to make Slumber Party look decent ? Look at the sales from these "flop" songs, according to you :

• Boys sold around 500k worldwide.
  • Not A Girl sold around 700k ww.
  • Do Somethin' sold around 850k ww.
  • Overprotected sold around 600k ww.
  • Perfume sold 550k ww.
  • Pretty Girls sold 650k ww.

Slumber Party is at a bit more than 100k ww. It IS her worst selling single ever, and that's not a shade. It really is.

I know you were one of the exhalers that wanted Slumber Party to be the second single because you thought it had a great potential to become a hit but bashing Britney and her single sales just to make your favorite song off Glory look bigger is not really the right thing to do. I don't get why you are mentionning "Liar" ? Is it because I like the song ? If yes, I think it would flop as hard as Slumber Party, so your attempt to shade me by mentionning Liar failed.

WW? We're talking Billboard honey. I clearly said Boys didn't chart. Where? The US obviously. Can you stay on topic please?

Where am I bashing her sales? Do you even know the meaning of that word? :madonna: Slumber party isn't my favorite Glory song. I'm just sick of dumbasses like you who shade the song because their favorite song from Glory wasn't a single. It's so childish. Plus you make absurd claims that the fans picked it out of frustration, it's very funny.  :madonna:

Slumber party charted, Boys and I'm not a girl didn't. Point blank. They aren't more successful. Their chart run is : N/A.

I tried requesting on my radio station and the radio host wouldn't let me.  He accused me of not knowing how radio works.  He says the song has to be in the top 40 to be able to request.  And it's not doing well he says.   Right when I went to request it... he goes "oh....yeah..Um that song..." 

so pissed he was so rude. 

2 minutes ago, button said:

@BoyToySoldier this Erreur guy he's the one who's always pushing for LMD and Liar and shading SP all the time, right? I hope I didn't confuse him for someone else.

Now he's acting like it's not out of frustration that he's being bitter about SP. :madonna:

He acknowledges that some of Britney's song didn't chart then pulls Worldwide receipts. He's truly something else. :madonna:

Britney will continue to underperform regardless of single choice. I don't understand what is going on. Why can't she perform on Ellen, Kimmel, etc.? :sassybrit:

12 minutes ago, ZAM9315 said:

I tried requesting on my radio station and the radio host wouldn't let me.  He accused me of not knowing how radio works.  He says the song has to be in the top 40 to be able to request.  And it's not doing well he says.   Right when I went to request it... he goes "oh....yeah..Um that song..." 

Except SP actually IS in the USA's Top 40. :selenerz:

Unprofessional radio hosts are the worst thing on the planet. Unbiased? Sure, Jan. :sickofu:

27 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

A chart peak does not define the success of a song. Some #1 songs have less impact and are less successful than some songs that peak in the top 20/30, you know.

As I said, if you look at the worldwide sales of every Britney single since the beginning of her career, Slumber Party is the less successful one, even less successful that some songs that didn't chart at all.

Also, we can tell that you sound agressive and mad each time someone mentions the failure of SP. I'm not the only person on the forum who noticed this. I don't get why you say I'm shading that song, I've always said that I like Slumber Party and I supported it too. I bought it on iTunes, I've streamed the video. I've promoted it on Facebook and Twitter and I requested it on radios a lot of times. I would not do this if it was a song that I dislike. I'm just being honest, it's a flop and I think it was far from being the best choice even if other songs, even those that I love would probably have done bad too.

Next time, try not to attack everyone just for being honest. ; )

These unnecessary walls of text.

I said Boys didn't chart. You acknowledged that.  So you acknowledged that I was talking about US sales. Why pull WW sales? Answer. :madonna:

By the way, you overused the "I'm not the only one" "Everyone agrees with me" "Everyone says this" blabla card. It's tired. Try to make your statements stand on their own without such futile validations. :omgreallyney:

SP had a higher peak on radio and a higher peak on the hot 100. Your peak argument would have been cute if the songs charted at all. They didn't. Got a problem with peaks?  It also had bigger US sales than Overprotected (33k). Deal with it. :omgreallyney:

16 minutes ago, ZAM9315 said:

Try requesting when there's another DJ/host on the panel.

And remember Slumber Party is not only top 40, it's top 30.

2 minutes ago, button said:

Try requesting when there's another DJ/host on the panel.

And remember Slumber Party is not only top 40, it's top 30.

As much as I'd love to hear Slumber Party... My station never played it. :\  Is it really top 30 though?  Wow.  The song is doing better than I expected even without promotional efforts.

Archived