Slumber Party Radio Update...and definitely NOT a good one...!

andreafly1

55 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

They listened to fans By releasing this one. Her biggest flop in 18 years. 

Now end the era by releasing a good single like liar or lmd or go recording b10 

The usual lies. She had songs not chart at all on the hot 100 like Not a girl and Boys and songs that charted even lower like Do something and Radar. Every artist releases singles but when it comes to Britney, it's always the choice of the fans, right? The fans picked it!!!1! What a delusional fanbase. lmao.

Lmd and Liar are not seeing the light of the day. Sorry  :saycheese:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

These songs you're talking about, that charted low too, still managed to sell 15x more than Slumber Party. But if you think the Army is delusional for saying that SP is not her biggest flop ever, that's your right. It's her worst selling single ever though. 

#SorryNotSorry :bwink:

Why are you ignoring the fact that she had songs not chart at all? Conveniently nitpicking info. Throw in there a random number "x15" and you get what some people call "arguments".  :NYcackle:

• Super Mods

Everyone enjoyed arguing back and forth about what the second single should be (Liar vs. LMD vs. Slumber Party vs. DYWCO vs. Just Luv Me vs. Change Your Mind vs. Better) that when SP was chosen, everyone continued arguing about their favorite song becoming single 3 rather than rallying behind Slumber Party. :jfallonlol:

Tragique fanbase remains petty. :ohi:

the thing is, anyone who actually thought this was gonna rise any higher on pop radio than MAYBE #25 (even thats a stretch) is delusional. the rise in spins and audience has been consistently slow as hell, tons of pop music markets refuse to play it, it has zero traction on itunes and spotify despite those spins....what would make anyone think that radio would magically change their mind and start putting it on heavy rotation? there would be zero reason for that. even after the countdowns, it won't rise more than a few spots, if that.

so many members here pride themselves on being "positive" and whatnot, but if you ignore the facts and whats actually happening, it's more like ignorance. wake up. if you want to keep requesting, good on you. there's nothing wrong with that. but stop telling people its gonna rise and become something its not.

14 minutes ago, David Rose said:

the thing is, anyone who actually thought this was gonna rise any higher on pop radio than MAYBE #25 (even thats a stretch) is delusional. the rise in spins and audience has been consistently slow as hell, tons of pop music markets refuse to play it, it has zero traction on itunes and spotify despite those spins....what would make anyone think that radio would magically change their mind and start putting it on heavy rotation? there would be zero reason for that. even after the countdowns, it won't rise more than a few spots, if that.

so many members here pride themselves on being "positive" and whatnot, but if you ignore the facts and whats actually happening, it's more like ignorance. wake up. if you want to keep requesting, good on you. there's nothing wrong with that. but stop telling people its gonna rise and become something its not.

So we're gonna ignore the fact that she did 3 festivals, 2 for the cbs market and 1 for iHeart and tell ourselves it has no reason to rise?

They could be planning a discount next week and maybe a performance (iHeart awards hinting at it today), so what's wrong with encouraging to request?

2 minutes ago, button said:

So we're gonna ignore the fact that she did 3 festivals, 2 for the cbs market and 1 for iHeart and tell ourselves it has no reason to rise?

They could be planning a discount next week and maybe a performance (iHeart awards hinting at it), so what's wrong with encouraging to request?

nothing, youre right. keep requesting, there's no harm in that. im just saying, the song isnt going anywhere despite those festivals. if radio was gonna power rotate her song as a result of her performances, it would have happened already. its not just gonna blow up randomly because its january.

4 minutes ago, David Rose said:

nothing, youre right. keep requesting, there's no harm in that. im just saying, the song isnt going anywhere despite those festivals. if radio was gonna power rotate her song as a result of her performances, it would have happened already. its not just gonna blow up randomly because its january.

Radio adds were suspended last week, that's why it didn't gain more markets' support. They will return Tuesday. Last time pop adds happened, it got 17 new adds. Hopefully more this time.

By the way, who's telling people it's gonna become "something" (as in a huge hit)? I don't see anyone saying that. Of course, it'll get positive updates after the countdowns and I don't see anyone saying more than that. They'd need to get payola to make it a big hit but they didn't do that for Make Me so SP won't see that either.

I cant with some delusional fans saying fans have chosen n theyre to blame :shadelaugh: if it was for fans they would never release the flop written all over it video for Make Me. 

They did release SP bcuz it was the stand out track. It wasnt given Britney just to keep it for her album. Im pretty sure they gave this song to her in the circumstances of it being a single. The production says it all, just stop :mhm: 

9 minutes ago, f_rhythm said:

I cant with some delusional fans saying fans have chosen n theyre to blame :shadelaugh: if it was for fans they would never release the flop written all over it video for Make Me. 

They did release SP bcuz it was the stand out track. It wasnt given Britney just to keep it for her album. Im pretty sure they gave this song to her in the circumstances of it being a single. The production says it all, just stop :mhm: 

Exactly, they were capitalizing on the tropical radio trend. It's obviously a label decision. Tinashe being on it is also a hint. They couldn't have thrown Tinashe on any track.

Finally someone with common sense. :NYcackle:

47 minutes ago, button said:

They could be planning a discount next week and maybe a performance (iHeart awards hinting at it today), so what's wrong with encouraging to request?

Yeah but the iheart awards are in March...

Archived