i have a question

alexevah

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest StrawberryKisses
2 minutes ago, alexevah said:

what was the reason behind team B's decision to release a 2nd MV on Overprotected (Darkchild)? To boost sales or what exactly?

I think one was an international video, and Europe got an extra single or something and the US release and Europe release didn't align (like I think it was Anticipating? that was out in Europe when Overprotected was out in the US) so they redid the single to release it later?

I don't know. I'm just bullshitting. Don't think anyone knows.

More likely than not they just wanted to release the remix. Darkchild was pretty big in 2001.

afaik

Overprotected was released internationally as the official second single but in the US Jive wanted to release Not A Girl instead because they felt a slower song would have a bigger chance to become a hit after Slave 4 U wasnt as succesful as her other lead singles. Not A Girl was released later as the third single internationally and Overprotected as the third single in the US. As Britney was banned from radio back then, they felt the need to remix Overprotected to help the song chart based on sales alone. And that's why we got two videos.

1 minute ago, StrawberryKisses said:

I think one was an international video, and Europe got an extra single or something and the US release and Europe release didn't align (like I think it was Anticipating? that was out in Europe when Overprotected was out in the US) so they redid the single to release it later?

I don't know. I'm just bullshitting. Don't think anyone knows.

More likely than not they just wanted to release the remix. Darkchild was pretty big in 2001.

Thank you! Honestly I though it was because the song was big itself, but then I read comments and It turns out it wasn't that big at all, but they still spend some money on second MV... Messy indeed :rude2me: But thank god we have two videos now. (When will MM? :orangu:)

Archived