Shakira Chantaje is coming closer to Slumber Party, shall we allow this?

bassomnia

6 minutes ago, button said:

Guess which duo is better and made the superior music video :slayney:

Superior music video, yes, but isn't this guy Pitbull of 2016 ? 2-3 years from now that song will be added to the rest of her music videos (I swear I can't tell which is which anymore) And that guy will be a nobody. But now people love him...so more views. But SP will end up being more memorable in the long run. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/11/2016 at 3:51 AM, bassomnia said:

only because she has big latin market, otherwise - she is average.

And that's something I've been thinking about these days, well, basically always think of that. Britney needs to start having a view more, how to say it? universal? Of course the US is a big market by itself, and its her country, but I think she would be even more successful, even her team would get more money if she/they started to pay attention to the international audiences. It would help a lot even for the views. So probably the sales or views from other countries wouldn't help her charting in the US, but at least they would still get the money. I literally wanted to cry when I learned that J Balvin had millions and millions of views, and I was like :embarrassney: But that's because of the Latin audience. Just imagine how many views Brit could have if she paid more attention to it. Then if we add Europe, Asia, etc. She has the potential to be huge, but there's no exposure. And she doesn't need to tour, I always think it should be the record label's job to promote her music in other countries, through all of their platforms, even pre-recorded performances for international shows, etc. They're missing a lot ignoring the rest of the world.

Latin people have been listening to music in other languages since forever, there's even a huge amount of Bieber fans, One Direction fans etc, just here in Mexico. Britney used to be huge, and the difference with the US, is that somehow, she's still respected here as an artist, but it's as if she didn't release music anymore.

24 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

Superior music video, yes, but isn't this guy Pitbull of 2016 ? 2-3 years from now that song will be added to the rest of her music videos (I swear I can't tell which is which anymore) And that guy will be a nobody. But now people love him...so more views. But SP will end up being more memorable in the long run. 

Everybody is watching the Chantaje video because it's in the news because of her belly button

and latinos rather Shakira and Maluma than Britney nowadays they don't know about Britney's slayage party :(

But a lot of people think Slumber Party is better video and single than Chantaje so i'm happy about that

23 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

And that's something I've been thinking about these days, well, basically always think of that. Britney needs to start having a view more, how to say it? universal? Of course the US is a big market by itself, and its her country, but I think she would be even more successful, even her team would get more money if she/they started to pay attention to the international audiences. It would help a lot even for the views. So probably the sales or views from other countries wouldn't help her charting in the US, but at least they would still get the money. I literally wanted to cry when I learned that J Balvin had millions and millions of views, and I was like :embarrassney: But that's because of the Latin audience. Just imagine how many views Brit could have if she paid more attention to it. Then if we add Europe, Asia, etc. She has the potential to be huge, but there's no exposure. And she doesn't need to tour, I always think it should be the record label's job to promote her music in other countries, through all of their platforms, even pre-recorded performances for international shows, etc. They're missing a lot ignoring the rest of the world.

Latin people have been listening to music in other languages since forever, there's even a huge amount of Bieber fans, One Direction fans etc, just here in Mexico. Britney used to be huge, and the difference with the US, is that somehow, she's still respected here as an artist, but it's as if she didn't release music anymore.

I wanted to see Primeney in 2011 when she came to latin america but she wasn't there and everyone bashed her :(

if she comes now it would be aweeeesome she has improved a lot :foh:

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Exactly. I think Britney's team is actually very aware of it and with this album they are trying to re-gain those big markets (song in French languagr, No seas cortes...)

I also think they should focus on german market. It is very big and has bih influence in music industry of Europe.

7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Ia. Until Circus her success was ww. She was like a mania, but since FF (even tho the album sold well and it had its hits) she became more local like Taylor was before 1989.

7 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I actually like Shakira, and saw her live at the Oral Fixation Tour--she's very talented.

With that said, however, one of these women was the main feature on this Rolling Stone cover...and it wasn't Shakira. :foh:

Image result for women in rock rolling stone britney spears

I wish she would do a POM costume like this with high boots and tiny shorts. It would be hot since she's obsessed with boots now. 

2 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

No wonder Shakira passed Britney, her video is on the homepage and Britney's isn't

2wq7br8.jpg

Homepage or not, it was bound to happen. Take a look at Maluma's views on VEVO and even Shakira's own videos. Latin American countries eat Youtube streams for breakfast. It's a huge platform there.

But I guess the homepage is helping her crush us mercilessly like this. :beyfedup:

Archived