SP is gonna be bigger than MM

la_land

Just now, Rico. said:

IKR? and the video is amazing

but it still went number 1 and set a record at the time for the biggest debut by a female artist ever or something 

The record wasn't gender-specific. It was the biggest opening week period. Lady Gaga broke it a 2 months later I think.

The Womanizer record was also broken one month later by Kelly Clarkson lmao. She never gets to keep them for long. :ipass:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chaotic93 said:

It won't be a huge hit, but I agree that it will be bigger than Make Me. The chorus is really easy and fun to sing along. Make me is better imo, but the lyrics are difficult to understand/sing. This feeling I wanna go with it doesn't even flow right and half of the verses are not clear (english is not my first language tho)

Lol ive the same problem with this song :saycheese:

dont get me wrong i love the song but half of the lyrics are in the air :shadelaugh: 

SP is a hit written on the stone tbh,bookmark me it will def do better than MM on streaming ... with a good video of course but u cant tell if they mess up with this one as well :omg: 

Just now, button said:

The record wasn't gender-specific. It was the biggest opening week period. Lady Gaga broke it a 2 months later I think.

The Womanizer record was also broken one month later by Kelly Clarkson lmao. She never gets to keep them for long. :ipass:

It's still amazing though haha

3 hours ago, button said:

Hold It Against Me vs Till the World Ends says hi :janet:

HIAM and TTWE both were released before the album dropped hun.

And u know what I mean.Usually the first single (which happen before the album drops) get more attention because of the beginning of the new era,sound and videos.Nobody knows how they sound adds to the anticipation too.

There may be exceptions but it isn't always that way.I am using logic and not examples from Britney's career so far..

In this case, SP as a 2nd single may be bigger than MM because not everyone knows and anticipates new stuff by Britney anymore (from the GP) and maybe they will come around to like this single and buy the album.

11 minutes ago, Soni said:

HIAM and TTWE both were released before the album dropped hun.

And u know what I mean.Usually the first single (which happen before the album drops) get more attention because of the beginning of the new era,sound and videos.There may be exceptions but it isn't always that way.I am using logic and not examples from Britney's career so far..

In this case, SP as a 2nd single may be bigger than MM because not everyone knows and anticipates new stuff by Britney and maybe they will come around to like this single and buy the album.

What about Toxic and Me Against the Music then? Toxic came out after the album and it's a legit example since Britney had all the hype in the world back in 2003. There are lots of examples from both Britney's and other acts' careers. It's not just a few exceptions. Mariah's It's Like That/We Belong Together for instance. Beyoncé with Irrepleceable, a 3rd single. I could go on and on.

The logic you're using applies to fans. They're hyped for the 1st single, they support it fully and then their input decreases with the next singles, which might make their singles' success decrease from single 1 to 2 for example. Especially if the song doesn't connect well with the GP. It has all to do with the quality/trend going and how the song appeals to the public. A single 2 has all the chances in the world to become bigger than single 1 if it's the right choice. The public is always here for a song they like whether it's single 1 or single 1000. They don't follow eras like we do, they don't have the album so they don't lose interest like us. I think this will happen with Slumber Party and Make Me. You're right.

Not like it will be particularly hard to do. :janet:

3 minutes ago, button said:

What about Toxic and Me Against the Music then? Toxic came out after the album and it's a legit example since Britney had all the hype in the world back in 2003. There are lots of examples from both Britney's and other acts' careers. It's not just a few exceptions. Mariah's It's Like That/We Belong Together for instance. Beyoncé with Irrepleceable, a 3rd single. I could go on and on.

The logic you're using applies to fans. They're hyped for the 1st single, they support it fully and then their input decreases with the next singles, which might make their singles' success decrease from single 1 to 2 for example. Especially if the song doesn't connect well with the GP. It has all to do with the quality/trend going and how the song appeals to the public. A single 2 has all the chances in the world to become bigger than single 1 if it's the right choice. The public is always here for a song they like whether it's single 1 or single 1000. They don't follow eras like we do, they don't have the album so they don't lose interest like us. I think this will happen with Slumber Party and Make Me. You're right.

Not like it will be particularly hard to do. :janet:

My first comment probably was better suited for previous eras where we could've wanted more on chart-wise for 2nd single (like those u pointed out) I guess.So I guess u are right about the GP and the chance that it could be bigger.. Lets hope so!! :nervousney:

Just now, nels64 said:

I said charting on the Billboard Hot 100 HIAM did better. But obviously TTWE charted better over time and then IWG did even better. 

Did you mean peak? Peaking better doesn't mean charting better.

For peaks: it's HIAM -> TTWE -> I wanna go

For longevity: TTWE -> I wanna go -> HIAM

We can count the weeks inside the top 10 ect ect but I can't be bothered to do that, the YEC is enough to see that

TTWE #27

I wanna Go #46

HIAM #60 (:ipass:)

http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2011/hot-100-songs

MV is more important than the song itself tbh. If they screw up again, it will do waay worse than Make Me. How unfortunate is it that Make Me could have slayed the whole world with an avarage Britney MV. Even Piggy Galls has multiple times more views than Make Me, which is one of her best songs ever. No, I cannot get over it already:jolieoverit:

27 minutes ago, sexisreal said:

As a straight guy i wouldn't be listening to slumber party! But if it's well remixed and well produced then it will be BIG ! I really wanted her to work with Max martin with this... it would be for sure a big *** hit.

No shade but the fact you like Love Me Down and don't listen to Slumber Party makes this really suspicious :ipass:

Archived