Forbes article about Glory :(

Gloray

10 minutes ago, lasairfhionashy said:

The only thing that is incorrect here is regarding FFT. Her last two albums being commercial disappointments? That's an exaggeration. I think if anything can be said for Femme Fatale, it's that it charted well.

I get it can be upsetting to read when people checking for headlines read the word 'flop' (which is annoying), but the article itself is centered in fact.

I guess you are not taking in count britney joanne on purpose lmao

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the truth seems rude to you, well, there's not so much to do about it.

I''ve said it millions of times, the US doesn't want Britney anymore :idkney: That won't change unless she marries Beyoncé or something. And she's not even promoting the album with these appearances. She hasn't performed more songs, there's no second single, there's exposure of Britney herself, but there isn't exposure of the album. It's sad, but it's true. I bet if she re-released Toxic or something like that, it would be a hit again, because that's something people already know. But they simply aren't interested in new Britney stuff anymore, it doesn't matter if the music is bad or good, and with that kind of promo where it seems they're trying to hide the album's songs from the audience, it will be even harder to accomplish anything.

It's really hard, tbh. I would say, she could release a video album, like Beyoncé, but knowing the kind of messes they're able to do, like they did with MM, it would probably be counterproductive. So I don't know britney_spears_umm__lol_by_pokemonspears I really don't care about her being popular again, as long as we can enjoy her music, and performances, but I really want more videoclips, that's the most important thing to me. That's how I became fan of Britney, for her videos, then it came everything else. And if the singles aren't successful, she won't release more, so, that's the contradictory part for me.

The only thing about this article, is that it failed to mention how other artists have gotten that number one spot with even less copies than Glory. That's something they always omit. If the timing was right, she could've gotten a number one with 347 copies, and they would only remember the #1 part. Maybe her team should start doing those deals other artists do for their releases, but if they don't want to spend money, then I guess they're ok with the commercial performance of her latest releases.

honestly 100% facts there. i totally agree with it all. they said it perfectly - it's not that the music isn't good, because it's great. something just isn't connecting the way it used to. no shade detected.

there are TWO statements i disagree with though...

"The song...features the singer’s signature auto-tuned, sultry vocals" - autotune on MM???? no.

"The pair performed the new cut at the MTV Video Music Awards, where the showing was fairly well-received, though it was overshadowed by incredible stagings by the likes of Beyoncé, Ariana Grande, and Rihanna." - overshadowed by Beyonce and Rihanna? yes. It pains me to admit, but she was. Ariana?  no.

18 hours ago, Catalin said:

???

How about Glory? It's a classic Britney album that is a genuine successor to In The Zone and Blackout. That is the standard in which we judge Glory by. Not even "is it better than Britney Jean?" - but rather does it actually stand up to her very best work? And yes, it does.

There have also been 1000 threads comparing her dancing to 2011 or 2013/2014 and showing how much she's improved - Buzzfeed had an article and so did several other publications, and they were posted here .We should , as fans, be more positive and happy that she's slowly but surely improving(I also think it's good for Britney that she's performing at so many awards shows and festivals this year). Instead, many of us just continue to ***** and be overly negative, making comments to 'spill tea' while offhandedly putting her down or belittlening her progress. There's nothing wrong with being critical,wanting more from Britney and hoping for the best, but you don't have to spew hatred towards Britney and everything she does.

Man you are over analyzing my words. Glory is a good album, I didn't say anything regarding to music. I'm talking about her image, production, performances (yes she is way more confident then in 2011), costumes, MVs, photoshoots and a lot of other things that make a global superstar. She's not cool anymore, because of that she needs new creative team which can make her more interesting to the fans and public. She's so boring. I was so excited after BBMAs because I thought here she comes.. But then we got cheap mess at VMAs, album photoshoot, MM MV and a lot of other messy things.

So she needs to wake up, and do something or she won't be able to perform even in LV in next 3 years.

P.S. If she wants to be relevant, she can't afford another 2 years pause. She needs to attack people with new cool MVs, outfits, performances.. So she could have a successful next music era. But the main key is that she needs new creative team ASAP.

Peace.

9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

If the truth seems rude to you, well, there's not so much to do about it.

I''ve said it millions of times, the US doesn't want Britney anymore :idkney: That won't change unless she marries Beyoncé or something. And she's not even promoting the album with these appearances. She hasn't performed more songs, there's no second single, there's exposure of Britney herself, but there isn't exposure of the album. It's sad, but it's true. I bet if she re-released Toxic or something like that, it would be a hit again, because that's something people already know. But they simply aren't interested in new Britney stuff anymore, it doesn't matter if the music is bad or good, and with that kind of promo where it seems they're trying to hide the album's songs from the audience, it will be even harder to accomplish anything.

It's really hard, tbh. I would say, she could release a video album, like Beyoncé, but knowing the kind of messes they're able to do, like they did with MM, it would probably be counterproductive. So I don't know britney_spears_umm__lol_by_pokemonspears I really don't care about her being popular again, as long as we can enjoy her music, and performances, but I really want more videoclips, that's the most important thing to me. That's how I became fan of Britney, for her videos, then it came everything else. And if the singles aren't successful, she won't release more, so, that's the contradictory part for me.

The only thing about this article, is that it failed to mention how other artists have gotten that number one spot with even less copies than Glory. That's something they always omit. If the timing was right, she could've gotten a number one with 347 copies, and they would only remember the #1 part. Maybe her team should start doing those deals other artists do for their releases, but if they don't want to spend money, then I guess they're ok with the commercial performance of her latest releases.

Because the point of this article independently the facts about glory underperforming is specify that beyonce' sister debuted higher than britney, i guess people cant read between the lines.

This is not rude: Thankfully, while she isn’t churning out charting smashes or owning the charts like she used to, Britney’s career is still an enviable one, thanks to her Las Vegas residency. Betwee

Many of her diehard fans are still happy with the music, and she seems to be in a great place, both personally and creatively, as she seemed genuinely excited about the music featured on Glory.

n 2015 and 2016, she brought in over $30 million, and she’ll continue to earn an incredible living thanks to the crowds to flock to Sin City to see her in her element.

Archived