Reason why Britney is not succeding as we expect

BritneyLover

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Britney has had a very long and successful career and now she's just wynding down from it. I don't think she has the drive for this industry as much as she used to and she's found/seen a completely new life for herself which emerged post breakdown era, she's a mother now and yeah ppl say "well you can be a mom and still work your *** off" but from the same token, when you have the millions and millions of dollars that she has actually you can just put your career on the back burner and focus on friends and family. The passion and love she has for her children will never compete with the passion/love she has for her fans and the love her fans have for her combined. I totally get it tho... people love the idea of her going on and carrying her legacy and keeping her status as the ultimate pop star but fact is she doesn't care about status or competing and I don't even judge her or blame her for that at all. Her profession destroyed her persona. She was far too young to be given that amount of cruelty and it's tainted her. She'll come back every now and then to top up her bank account because people will always want to see her, she brings in the big crowds but she will never fully return to who she was when she was at maestro level, that person was ripped to pieces, why would she want to go back there.

Even if you don't like what you're getting from her these days you can't deny that she has completely reinvented herself and it was mega important that she did.

1 hour ago, DirtyMind said:

She's not succeeding because her career was a disaster for several years straight- awful performances during the FF era, the BJ "era" as a whole, Vegas, 'Pretty Girls', etc.  People stopped caring about her because she stopped giving a ****.  Now she has to climb out of the hole she dug for herself.  

IA with this not the op 

To be honest I'm never expecting her to sing live. The underlying problem is the general public don't like being treated like idiots. When she is clearly lipsyncing and then pretends she "always sings live" then that breaks the connection between her and the public and almost makes her a joke.

I feel like she is scaling back to be a more "normal artist" even saying this era is "more about the music". This is probably why we got the boring vma performance.

No honey you got a pass for lipping back then because you entertained and danced so good. You cannot have it both ways :NYsassy:

She just doesn't care about being successful to the level she was.She thinks she has nothing to prove anymore and just wants to have fun.Her flop team doesn't care about her legacy,they care about the $$$$.

It's up to Britney to be no1.Tbh I strongly believe she wants to quit but they don't allow her.Sometimes I feel like she does things on purpose in order to flop.

Smh with this type of thread and the Negative Nancy who replied :fkinoverit:  

First, Britney has done the MOST for this era. She performed in a fckin VMA, two festivals and others. They were not as good her prime, but they were better than her last three eras

The fact that she could have succesful singles in FF era with extremely lackluster performances compared to what she has done recently, it shows that Glory flopped not because of the performances :lessons:

It flopped because GP simply has moved on from her. It's sad but it's all natural. Did Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, Usher flop because they are no longer "good artist"? NO. They flopped because it's the cycle in the industry. Sad but true. Take Beyonce, she has shown longevity like no others but at one point, she will flop. Not now but maybe later

Let Britney be happy for whatever she is doing at the moment. And she has said herself in one of Instagram post, "Expect Nothing. Appreciate Everything" :verycool:

Call me a "Britard" for defending her atm but all of you negative hoes would probably complain for another different reason when at one point she is singing live :arianabye: Britney won't change for you so hang your stan card if you don't like with whatever she is doing atm :arianabye:

I don't think it's as grim a situation as everyone thinks. Yes Britney has to undo the damage that her past two eras have caused but she's working hard and destroyed the image of that awful performer she was with FF and non present for BJ. 

What would maximize her chances at success are a better creative team. If we're being honest much doesn't differ the average beyonce and Britney performance besides Beyonces much better visuals staging pre recorded vocals and costuming. 

Those sare things that are up to team Britney to acquire for Britney. That's literally their job to ensure BRITNEYS working with the most creative people to make her performances at least fit and be relevant in 2016

The problem really is the BJ era/album, it was such a disaster and practically non existent that people checked out altogether not to mention she has barely been in the spotlight since 2012. Glory the album/era is all about damage control/rebuilding so I mean it's not a surprise to me that it hasn't been super successful she's still in the process of repairing her career. I think the 2nd single and it's video will really help her out, I think the 2nd single video will be really amazing and get people talking and she'll be back on track again.....the album might not sell like gangbusters because of it but I think she'll get a really successful single and thus begin to increase her popularity over all again. If she gets a big hit with the 2nd or 3rd single I think it would be really smart of them to re-release the album. 

2 hours ago, geminiMike said:

she needs to lose her current gay friends bc they are probably proxy sabotage from team beyonce. No sane gay man would set Britney up with a lizard, support all these leotards, and not recommend Britney wear anti shine powder on stage..

:moorangu: Beyonce is like "send the gays, Glory is too good"

2 hours ago, ToxicJean said:

I think they're not being creative, I don't know what the hell is her creative team thinking but use the same poles from 3 to DYWCO is a sign from their lack of creativity... 

I don't care about David LaChapelle we need something artistic. Look Adele with amazing Xavier Dolan Music Video for Hello, we need that from Britney a visionary cinematographer to create a great concept for an amazing song from Glory.

Me 

Many of these reasons are right to a degree, but I remember 3, Hold It Against Me and (who knows to what extent Rihanna helped) S & M shooting to the top of the charts.

Her performance the last few eras has not contributed positively, but Britney was a punching bag during the Circus era and before. I think the problem is we're not getting the right songs out, and this is the double-edged sword; you got a radio friendly album that produced three of Britney's biggest radio hits and you labelled it generic; she takes a new creative direction with Glory and you love it, but then fret about its chart performance. IMO a song like Make Me, which I love, deserved the #17 spot, a moderate success, but it's not the kind of tune she's known to make a hit of. Hold It Against Me was so ahead of its time, yet so Britney, and that went number one despite a rubbish video and promotional performances that were no more credible than this era's; yes, she's clearly putting more effort in, but she was still criticised for miming and not dancing like she used to.

Again, will.i.am gave her Scream & Shout, a worldwide smash. Work ***** came too late in the EDM trend.

The right Britney song that is thoroughly Britney will go #1; if what you get instead is what Britney wants to put out, radio-friendly or not, it won't smash. I'd rather have Glory with longevity than number ones.

4 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

She's not succeeding because her career was a disaster for several years straight- awful performances during the FF era, the BJ "era" as a whole, Vegas, 'Pretty Girls', etc.  People stopped caring about her because she stopped giving a ****.  Now she has to climb out of the hole she dug for herself.  

4 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

wow, this is the definition of tough love :otears:

slay :shameless:

I generally thing Britney is not succeeding anymore because it's really hip to be a singer-songwriter these days - Adele, Taylor, Ed Sheeran, even Gaga and Pink - is what people seem to enjoy buying into these days - there's a purity and honesty to their songs that Britney isn't bringing - and she knows that herself.

The only really successful artists that are managing to not write their own stuff and still remain relevant are the likes of Beyonce and Rihanna - but their music tends to sway into a different, more urban, gritty territory than Britney's and I think it's also because they are woman of ethnicity it also helps their careers a little bit now too - in the way that they are looked upon as strong, ethnic woman, speaking and standing up for their culture and race.

People still see Britney as a manufacted pop act - and all of the artists above are viewed differently.

THAT IS THE MAIN ISSUE.

1 hour ago, radar89 said:

First, Britney has done the MOST for this era. She performed in a fckin VMA, two festivals and others. They were not as good her prime, but they were better than her last three eras

The fact that she could have succesful singles in FF era with extremely lackluster performances compared to what she has done recently, it shows that Glory flopped not because of the performances :lessons:

Call me a "Britard" for defending her atm but all of you negative hoes would probably complain for another different reason when at one point she is singing live :arianabye:

Well...that's true.

Can the OP give me the reason why Bon Jovi aren't succeeding as I expected? Their new single "This house is not for sale"(which is a great one) is doing terrible on the charts...and they are amazing live.

I work front desk at a salon and make me played and the people I work with were like "is this Britney Spears?" I had no idea she still made music:nothavingit: everyone thinks she just disappeared. It seems like she can do all the promo she wants but she just isn't making an impact, no ones checking for her :/ and my friend watched her at iheart and then told me how that ruined her feelings towards Britney because of the lip syncing and awkward dances..."/

Archived