Britney Spears And Ellen DeGeneres Are Double The Trouble At L.A. Mall: Watch

Jordan Miller

59 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

The difference between this one and the one that came out today is that this one works because Britney is actually engaging with the material. She seems present and willing to go along with the fun.

Today's skit comes across much differently. In some scenes she's engaged (like the kickboxing scene) but in others she seems bored or withdrawn.

The difference between the two is kind of staggering, when you consider that the first one was filmed less than a year after her "breakdown."

actually, for me the 08 one she seemed bored and would get out of it in a whim if she got a chance, but she sings (duh she couldn't just let ellen sang alone) so that's a plus. also the last rap part is nice. well her personality is wayy different in circus era so that's the thing.

in the current one she actually seems like she wants to engage in the activity, but her nervous personality got in her way. and from someone who had a problem controlling nervousness and anxiety in the past, you just have to understand that not everybody's that kind of out there person. so ya.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, coo said:

actually, for me the 08 one she seemed bored and would get out of it in a whim if she got a chance, but she sings (duh she couldn't just let ellen sang alone) so that's a plus. also the last rap part is nice. well her personality is wayy different in circus era so that's the thing.

in the current one she actually seems like she wants to engage in the activity, but her nervous personality got in her way. and from someone who had a problem controlling nervousness and anxiety in the past, you just have to understand that not everybody's that kind of out there person. so ya.

If that's the case, and it's still anxiety causing the issue, then I wish they'd quite inserting her into these kinds of situations. The GP was willing to look past it in 2008 because her hospitalization was so recent...but now I feel like it's starting to do more harm than good when it comes to her image.

It seems as if nobody is prepping her before she walks into these situations -- she had no idea who James Corden was, for example. Once in a while it's cute, but her disconnection from the outside world is coming across in almost every interview and appearance. Altogether, it's not painting the greatest picture for the GP (who is the target audience when appearing on these kinds of platforms.)

1 hour ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

If that's the case, and it's still anxiety causing the issue, then I wish they'd quite inserting her into these kinds of situations. The GP was willing to look past it in 2008 because her hospitalization was so recent...but now I feel like it's starting to do more harm than good when it comes to her image.

It seems as if nobody is prepping her before she walks into these situations -- she had no idea who James Corden was, for example. Once in a while it's cute, but her disconnection from the outside world is coming across in almost every interview and appearance. Altogether, it's not painting the greatest picture for the GP (who is the target audience when appearing on these kinds of platforms.)

yes imo, she should just try to get a HUGE hit first, then next eras she could pull unconventional marketing strategies to promote her albums like beyonce. i feel like they both have things in common: not an outgoing person personality-wise but still attracts massive demand. its could work better for her 

2 minutes ago, coo said:

yes imo, she should just try to get a HUGE hit first, then next eras she could pull unconcentional marketing strategies to promote her albums like beyonce. i feel like they both have things in common: not an outgoing person personality-wise but still attracts massive demand. its could work better for her 

Yes! Beyonce doesn't even do on-camera interviews anymore. She's become silent, and "speaks" solely through visuals (e.g. Instagram, her web site) and through her albums and performances. It's a very carefully constructed image, but it's worked perfectly for her.

Archived