Maybe Britney hates her voice...

Freakshow__

I was thinking. She used to be so excited about making movies and she said it for many years and then suddenly she's like "No I'm a terrible actress".

Matbe that's the reason behind her decision to never sing live. Maybe she just doesn't like her voice or thinks she can't sing. 

Remember that Diane Sawyer interview in 2003? She said it wasn't the voice but the state she gets in when she's singing. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember that time on Circus tour when she randomly sang the whole of You Outta know by Alanis Morisette - completely live. She was awesome! Girl was going through something - she had to get it out and she was amazing.

For her though - that was a therapeutic moment- and I'm certain she wouldn't have felt she was amazing. It goes without saying that she doesn't rate her live singing skills - at all - and I think she holds a lot of fear around live vocals.

Fear and anxiety make you want to hide... and thus the lip synching. There's a real safety for Britney in lipping a song - there's safety even in her tightly choreographed routines. The rationale is- if I lip the words and dance on cue - I can't be criticised.

It makes sense given what she's been through, I get it. But overcoming that barrier, I'd say is the next step forward for Brit. I hope she can start small and use POM as a bit of a training ground - but she has to want to move in that direction and I'm not sure she's keen. She's just so uncomfortable with it... Personally, I'll be happy if she continues to produce amazing vocals on albums ... anything live on the stage will be a bonus for me :-)

I wanna show her this. And then ask her if she realizes that her voice at 10 ies better than most people now at 20-30-40 years old.

seeiously, this little girl could SING! Britney needs a vocal coach, badly. Someone that can help her song in her natural register, and build her confidence up because I homestly think she underestimates herself

Just now, Crayboy said:

I wanna show her this. And then ask her if she realizes that her voice at 10 ies better than most people now at 20-30-40 years old.

seeiously, this little girl could SING! Britney needs a vocal coach, badly. Someone that can help her song in her natural register, and build her confidence up because I homestly think she underestimates herself

Completely agree. There's so much she can do with that voice. 

Archived