UK Album Chart Update

Guest Nick Jonas

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, danvonerich said:

I'm just saying what numerous people have said Hun :shameless: even news sites have stated its based on shipment, not individual sales.

edit: 

Albums tend to be certified based on shipments not sales but this varies country to country somewhat. This means how many copies of an album were sent to stores. If an album is anticipated to sell well, a large number of copies will be ordered by stores, earning the band an immediately high certification which does not reflect an album's actual popularity. An example is Metallica's St. Anger. Released in June 2003, in July it was certified 2x Platinum in the US; this denotes 2 million copies were shipped. In June 2008, actual sales were around 1.76 million. Even after five years it had failed to sell all of the originally shipped copies.

Theres a difference between certified and sold... First week sales are exactly albums sold not shipped, for example an album can sell 412k in the us first week and it would be certified gold (500k cuz even tho it only sold 412k there were 500k shipped on stores) still this album would chart based on what it sold, charts rely solely on sales (nowadays streaming and radio) but not on certifications.

Guest Nick Jonas
21 minutes ago, myfacelikeamannequin said:

Well you posted this thread at 8pm last night so... 28 hours of sales :awks:

But we only had sales up to Tuesday, so two days sales remaining, Wednesday and Thursday. :angietea:

2 hours ago, fatal.attraction said:

slumber party is a masterpiece.. i want it soo bad as a second single :girlfall:

I think they will make DYWCO a second single after all they are recording the song for the today's show so it is getting promoted and it's the second song included in the POM show. But hopefully for single 3, that would be amazing :P 

Archived