Britney VMA new angle

NacionalMX

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NacionalMX said:

:thinkney:

Esperaba más de Britney, pero está muy bien. Me gustó. 

la produccion no fue la mas grande, fue super simple, me gusto eso, ademas que bailo muy bien...

Just now, Mauricio22 said:

la produccion no fue la mas grande, fue super simple, me gusto eso, ademas que bailo muy bien...

Y, por lo que veo, el vídeo de Make Me no será liberado. Bueno, me hubiese gustado una canción más por parte de Glory, no sé, para que fuese más movido. 

I liked it a lot.

It's not iconic, but nothing is anymore these days. In this day and age when the VMAs are continuously tanking and haven't had quality since 2003, making sure your performance is iconic is not the anxious process it once was. 

The most important thing is for her to keep performing on this show so that VMA 2007 becomes less famous/unique, and it won't be remembered for killing her career or whatever narrative they decide to stick in.

Just now, makemeslay said:

Worse than the 2007 VMAs? that stage looked like it was stolen from a high school auditorium.

Are you kidding? That stage wasn't bad at all. At least the video backdrops, choreo and costumes matched the vibe of the song.

This time it was the inverse. Britney delivered, but those damn shadow puppet hands turned a sensual song into a high school talent show.

10 minutes ago, makemeslay said:

I liked it a lot.

It's not iconic, but nothing is anymore these days. In this day and age when the VMAs are continuously tanking and haven't had quality since 2003, making sure your performance is iconic is not the anxious process it once was. 

The most important thing is for her to keep performing on this show so that VMA 2007 becomes less famous/unique, and it won't be remembered for killing her career or whatever narrative they decide to stick in.

It was fine! 

Just now, Steel_Magnolia said:

Are you kidding? That stage wasn't bad at all. At least the video backdrops, choreo and costumes matched the vibe of the song.

This time it was the inverse. Britney delivered, but those damn shadow puppet hands turned a sensual song into a high school talent show.

LOL that was just the backdrop. Did you look at the STAGE itself?

Flat, linear, tiny going from left to right ... ooh, fancy.
It was honestly the most pathetic stage I've ever seen in my life. The stage this year had shape, catwalk, even whatever glass they used to build the surface looked more high-class than that piss poor stage the 2007 VMAs had. I swear my high school had a more impressive stage in the gym for the teachers to stand on while making announcements.

4 minutes ago, makemeslay said:

LOL that was just the backdrop. Did you look at the STAGE itself?

Flat, linear, tiny going from left to right ... ooh, fancy.
It was honestly the most pathetic stage I've ever seen in my life. The stage this year had shape, catwalk, even whatever glass they used to build the surface looked more high-class than that piss poor stage the 2007 VMAs had. I swear my high school had a more impressive stage in the gym for the teachers to stand on while making announcements.

Well, when I refer to "staging" I'm talking about the way the performance is laid out -- everything going on around her, from the backdrops to the camera angles.

Compare the production values of Beyonce's performance (or for example, the Circus tour) to the production values of what we saw tonight. Beyonce and Britney were performing on the exact same stage tonight, but looked like they were in two different leagues.

5 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Well, when I refer to "staging" I'm talking about the way the performance is laid out -- everything going on around her, from the backdrops to the camera angles.

Compare the production values of Beyonce's performance (or for example, the Circus tour) to the production values of what we saw tonight. Beyonce and Britney were performing on the exact same stage tonight, but looked like they were in two different leagues.

I'm talking about the actual stage itself. The design of the stage, the B-stage, the catwalk, lights, etc. Nothing to do with the performance itself. Britney was clearly going for a minimalist approach, while Beyonce always has to use every prop 10 times over to keep her performances flashy and interesting.

Archived