Tinashe stanning for Britney on IG

Pp35

6 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

so people are exicted for Rihanna's voice cracking and doing nothing on the stage than Britney's iconic performance :haha: Shut them up sis Tinashe!

giphy.gif

At least well actually hear the sound of Rihanna's voice though.

Is Britney's mic even going to on ? 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Givenchyy said:

Casual racism towards who though ? Last time I checked Britney Spears was white ? 

I think they were criticizing that someone suggested Tinashe should be excited for Rihanna and Beyoncé and not Britney, as if she should and must align herself just with the black artists. I don't know, I just thought the commenter sounded dumb and unnecessary, but who knows. 

9 minutes ago, britneybitch4ever said:

I think they were criticizing that someone suggested Tinashe should be excited for Rihanna and Beyoncé and not Britney, as if she should and must align herself just with the black artists. I don't know, I just thought the commenter sounded dumb and unnecessary, but who knows. 

At the end of the day, Tinashe is entitled to have her own musical preferences. Like if she is excited for Britney Spears that's totally fine. 

It is stupid to say that the commenter was being casually racist towards Britney because she's white and Britney benefits from white privilege. 

(Btw I agree that the commenter sounded dumb, Tinashe isn't peers with Rih, Bey or Brit )

50 minutes ago, Givenchyy said:

Casual racism towards who though ?

That commenter telling Tinashe (a black woman) to stan for Beyoncé & Rihanna (black women) and not Britney (a white woman) comes across as slightly racist to me.  It almost seems like this person hates the idea of Tinashe supporting any non-black artist, not just Britney specifically. :idkney:  But it doesn't matter now because Tinashe shut that **** down quick.  :nobitch:

41 minutes ago, Givenchyy said:

At the end of the day, Tinashe is entitled to have her own musical preferences. Like if she is excited for Britney Spears that's totally fine. 

It is stupid to say that the commenter was being casually racist towards Britney because she's white and Britney benefits from white privilege. 

(Btw I agree that the commenter sounded dumb, Tinashe isn't peers with Rih, Bey or Brit )

I was suggesting that the commenter was being casually racist TOWARD TINASHE by implying she should properly be paying respects to her 'peers' like Beyonce and Rihanna -- like, how the **** is Beyonce her peer and not Britney other than the skin color? Tinashe has plenty of Britney influences in her music and she loves Britney.

Archived