Do you think Gwen was slated to duet with her on Love Me Down??

BobbyMorrow

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Gwen Stefani but with that being said she changed so much since she is with Blake Shelton. Like the Performance they did at the bbma's, that wasn't Gwen for me!:sickofu:

We know what Blake thinks about Britney "the shade or joke he did about Britney" on that random country award show in vegas! That wasn't nice!:xcuseme:

So what I'm tryin' to say is that I think Gwen is open for a collab but Blake has a huge influence on Gwen now and I think he is one of the reasons why it didn't happen.

And I don't like that! :dontlike:

Nah.  Gwen seems like an utmost professional, so I can't imagine her just not showing up like that.  Plus she and Britney are 'friends', which makes it even harder to believe.  

3 minutes ago, Britneybbhmm said:

I really like Gwen Stefani but with that being said she changed so much since she is with Blake Shelton. Like the Performance they did at the bbma's, that wasn't Gwen for me!:sickofu:

We know what Blake thinks about Britney "the shade or joke he did about Britney" on that random country award show in vegas! That wasn't nice!:xcuseme:

So what I'm tryin' to say is that I think Gwen is open for a collab but Blake has a huge influence on Gwen now and I think he is one of the reasons why it didn't happen.

And I don't like that! :dontlike:

Blake is homophobic, racist trash.  I feel bad for Gwen that she got dragged into his bullsh!t. :eheeek: She probably thought she could change him or something and hasn't been able to.

Rollingstone article said this, which I think is utter crap: (but then again, this forum has been hating on Clumsy pretty major, so to each their own I guess.)

And since every Britney album needs at least one truly terrible song (that's part of her brand) there's the Gwen Stefani imitation "Love Me Down," and wow – may the words "Britney" and "ska" never appear in the same sentence again.

1 minute ago, sea3chel said:

Rollingstone article said this, which I think is utter crap: (but then again, this forum has been hating on Clumsy pretty major, so to each their own I guess.)

And since every Britney album needs at least one truly terrible song (that's part of her brand) there's the Gwen Stefani imitation "Love Me Down," and wow – may the words "Britney" and "ska" never appear in the same sentence again.

Well, they're full of **** because the only Britney album with any truly terrible songs is BJ. :keshawave: And 'Love Me Down' is dope. :sickofu:

31 minutes ago, Aleister Crowley said:

So let me recap this thread...

Love Me Down was a scheduled duet with Gwen Stefani and she was happy to do it, but then Blake Shelton influenced her not to do it cuz he's a homophobe and a racist.

I can't. :arianabye:

It's always fun being a Britney fan! :lollipop:

8 minutes ago, Aleister Crowley said:

So let me recap this thread...

Love Me Down was a scheduled duet with Gwen Stefani and she was happy to do it, but then Blake Shelton influenced her not to do it cuz he's a homophobe and a racist.

I can't. :arianabye:

And that's how assumptions turn into rumors then into meltdowns on Exhell :drinky:

THIS.

I actually thought "Oh, this can be a Gwen Stefani song too" and since the same writers for Gwen worked on Glory, it's possible they wanted a collab.

HOWEVER, the song is fine as a solo, and I'm betting my house Britney didn't want G-Eazy to be in Make Me. It's probably the label's decision to have her work with him.

1 hour ago, Clive. said:

I doubt it. I love Gwen but she is over musically. Her latest album is trash compared to the rest of her iconic discography! 

I have to agree about Gwen, I still love her but she hasn't been relevant musically since 2006 with Sweet Escape album.

Gwen musically now has tanked and she's not exciting, even No doubt isn't doing any great songs like in the past.

Gwen is giving Floptina a run for ha money.

This Is What the Truth Feels Like
  • Released: March 18, 2016
  • Label: Interscope
  • Formats: CD, LP, digital download
1 6 38 3 40 40 15 46 10 14
  • US: 76,000

Archived