Updated! NYTimes: Britney Spears Promises Pleasure, but Offers Nothing Personal 50/100.

Alejo.

I really don't get the logic of this dumb critics. What does "personal" music has to do with the overall quality of the music itself? By this logic, they will rate an album filled with "My Baby" type of songs higher than an album filled with "Toxic"-ish songs :xcuseme:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are personal songs on that album:xcuseme:

It's called being subtle, and letting people interpret it. Just Luv Me is about wanting someone to love her unconditionally regardless of her problems. Liar references a past relationship. These reviewers suck at rhetoric. I haven't listened to much else of Glory yet, but Britney also makes songs that are meant for fun and to be hits. People are just automatically being hard on her because she's Britney:sickofu:

it's a good review but yeah, wtf, if she wants to make an album all about *** and love, why cant she?

her voice IS ***. imagine britneys **** voice singing about like, save the manatees. ppl would think it was a double entendre cause her voice is just breathy and **** (and amazing).

LMAO

To be fair, she slayed on Hands and it's the same guy who did a lot on Glory. Britney can handle personal songs, she just doesn't want to. :yaknow: Considering she's never even mentioned her dark times outside of FTR, this shouldn't be a surprise. :tbh:

And now I just wanna hear her singing about manatees. :hype: (They're so ******* cute, let's save them.)

she had a lot of empowering songs are early albums tho. He would know this if he actually listened to her music. Not only that but the fact that he had the nerve to dismiss her because the main subject of her album is *** after going on about female empowerment is laughable.... Like i get that not everyone will like the music but the music isn't even the main focus of this supposed review. It just reeks of sexism tbh. 

I doubt he would ever refer to male pop artist as being a "sexpot".

:unbothered:

And her "personal" stories aren't even real :chershade: Will there be a time when the industry stops putting Britney on pedestal? I guess NO :tiffsniffle:

I like how she makes a big fuss of Jayz cheating, then why didnt she take action as a mature woman? 

she ends up boasting about how shes much better without him, then literally plays a bipolar act and falls right back into his arms again :orangu2:

I like how she makes a big fuss of Jayz cheating, then why didnt she take action as a mature woman? 

she ends up boasting about how shes much better without him, then literally plays a bipolar act and falls right back into his arms again :orangu2:

And there are buzz that she will make an album with Jay Z. I don't see the media dragging Fakeyonka for this :xcuseme: Can't wait for their duet album to get unfairly high reviews from these basic music critics :xcuseme:

And there are buzz that she will make an album with Jay Z. I don't see the media dragging Fakeyonka for this :xcuseme: Can't wait for their duet album to get unfairly high reviews from these basic music critics :xcuseme:

gets a ******* 100. :orangu2:

Im not letting Bleache get a higher review than Prince or Michael 

Archived