NO NO NO. PLEASE LET THIS BE FAKE.

1393689600000.jpg

If this is true this girl is playing Brit.....Ugh 

she is beautiful, what's the problem?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G-unit said:

I feel like they need permission from Britney and her team, and something tells me Britney would NOT be ok with them talking about her personal life including her break ups and ESPECIALLY her dark period.  I hope they nip this **** in the bud REAL quick.  I could see them doing something INSPIRED by these events, but they'd probably have to use different names.

I'd love to see it, but I want REALITY.  All we are going to get is more he said, she said speculation...like all those books that have been written about her breakdown which claim they are true.  They may be, but BRITNEY needs to tell the story of she wants it out there.  It's so unfair for people to constantly try to capitalize on this stuff.  

Then again, maybe she and her team did green light this.  Hmmm...

They don't need permission.

They did it with Brittany Murphy and then this happened:

Angelo Bertolotti says he's "disgusted" by "trashy" film defiling his daughter's memory

Lifetime's Brittany Murphy biopic The Brittany Murphy Story airs this week — and Murphy's father is not pleased about the movie, to say the least.

"I am disgusted and outraged that Lifetime decided to produce such a trashy project, defiling the memory of my beautiful, talented daughter, Brittany Murphy," Angelo Bertolotti told The Examiner. "Frankly, I am amazed at their audacity of calling it 'a true story,' without conducting any research or consulting with any members of the family. The Brittany Murphy Story is an affront to everything my daughter was in real life. It’s hideous, unauthorized and completely untrue."

He's not alone in his dislike for the two-hour television movie — the reviews so far have beenmostly negative. Bertolotti is particularly upset by Lifetime's "atrocious" casting of actressAmanda Fuller, who plays Murphy in the movie. He says she looks "absolutely nothing like her," adding, "Everyone looks ridiculous in their bad wigs and the dialogue is nauseating."

After calling Fuller out online, he's gone on to retweet various insults, including calling her a "floozy" and implying she got the role through ****** favors. Fuller has blocked Bertolotti on Twitter in response. She called the biopic a "tribute" and said the independent movie purchased by Lifetime was filmed over 16 days on a tight budget.

"It is what it is," she said in an interview with The TV Page. "All of our hearts were in the right place. I had two days to prepare." 

"When it comes to the dad, as far as I know — which is based off of extensive research — he wasn’t really a part of her life at all," added Fuller. "He was in jail when she was young and then she tried to have a relationship with him to no avail. It wasn’t until she died that he became so vocal in caring so much about his daughter."

• Leader

UPDATE: Already looking messy.

britney-biopic-preview

UPDATE // SEPTEMBER 27: Several on-set photos from the biopic, which will "document the roller-coaster years - as well as her recent comeback," have popped up online. It shows Natasha Basset playing Britney circa 2002 laughing with what appears to be Markian Tarasiuk playing Wade Robson.

Turning out to be messy already.

View more photos from the shoot here and get full character descriptions via Buzzfeed.

OH, ps... here's the "Justin Timberlake" played by Nathan Keyes.

jt-biopic

UPDATE // AUGUST 25: Reps for Spears confirm to BreatheHeavy that the pop princess "will not be contributing in any way, shape or form to the Lifetime biopic nor does it have her blessing."

EARLIER:

A movie based on Britney Spears' rise, fall and resurgence in the spotlight is getting a movie made for TV.

Lifetime is responsible for this 'Britney Jean' biopic travesty, which stars actress Natasha Bassett as Spears, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Lifetime says the movie will detail the "tumultuous true story" of her rise to fame, fall from grace and triumphant resurrection.

From THR:
The two-hour movie will follow Spears' early career as a young girl from Louisiana, relationship and breakup with Justin Timberlake as well as her personal struggles following her parents' divorce. Also set to be examined are her marriages to Jason Alexander, Kevin Federline and her downfall that saw her lose custody of her sons before she rebuilt her career and proved herself to be a force in entertainment.

Production will begin Sept. 19 in Vancouver for a 2017 premiere.

This is going to be a hot mess of epic proportions.

Are YOU watching? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

Archived