Slant Magazine reviews Glory

Freakshow__

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, radar89 said:

Too many negative comments for my liking for a supposedly good review :mj:

This critic suggested that some of the songs could even be better if they are sung by Xtincta? Btch Britney's music have always been better reviewed by Fossiltina since it is not always about the voice range, but also the voice delivery - which Britney obviously has it Britney :receipts1:

I agree. 

I actually thought about other singers singing these songs and cringed. Part of Britney's charm and what makes her unique is that ****, raw voice she has. She has her high breathy voice and her low southern twang. It's out of this world. It makes her albums interesting and so that not all songs sound the same. 

59 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

These ******* better not that have their adresess online, because I will go and find them

Glory is the first time in decades that we are able to listen to her TRUE, RAW, UNALTERED vocals... And these ************* say Glory only served to highlight her shortcomings as a singer? I'm done.

:sickofu:

But only fans would feel that way.

The voice she's using in Glory is a "character." One of many "characters."

:mcry:

The irony in the first sentence...:umwtf:

It's kind of like they didn't even listen properly. Or skimmed it or something. I just feel like there are so many things upon first listen that really stood out that are really worth mentioning. They talked about the vocals but completely missed the obvious. Her voice is so beautiful and perfectly iconic in this album, like in all her best work. Idk, since they listened to BJ how could they possibly skip that crucial fact? It speaks to how alive and involved she is, and how cheeky and happy she is. 

That alone coupled with the amazing production should be worth more. But yeah it's Slant and...well :bsass: in context I guess.

I love this album so much. I'm 100% satisfied as a fan, but I was actually keen this time around for some unbiased reviews (usually find critics really bitter for some reason..)
That seems to be difficult to find with Britney, but I'm optimistic about future reviews :mhm:

4 hours ago, Freakshow__ said:

"The album’s only bona-fide misfire is “Private Show,” an innuendo-filled strip-tease of an anthem that’s about as **** as getting a lap dance from someone with the flu, as Britney’s trademark adenoidal whine sounds more like a sinus infection."

Oh my, no.

That was hilarious, but it still made me so angry. :xcuseme:

40 minutes ago, Bunny Foo Foo said:

Honestly I did not find that part funny, it was an unoriginal and try-hard analogy. But 3.5 from Slant overall is great. I'm expecting good reviews from RS and BB.

Your avi scares the **** out of me every time i look at it.

I feel like a giant bunny is going to come and ****** me in my nightmares:jackk:

"Critics have an arguably well-earned reputation for taking gleeful, adjective-laden delight in trashing something they don’t like. For some of us, though, there’s nothing more satisfying than an artist who forces us to re calibrate our expectation"

Done. This is the only statement in that review that really matters. He's basically saying he was surprised by the quality of the music and recognizes her as an ARTIST. The rest of the review is just him taking gleeful, adjective-laden delight in undermining her efforts.

*** 1/2 is what they gave Beyonce's Lemonade also js

Slay Britney.

And leave those haters speechless.

:queenflopga:

5 hours ago, fanman08 said:

PS is amazing I don't get the hate. 

The song is good in general 

but they didn't have to do that **** with her voice

i mean listen to "What You Need"

she hits high notes the entire time and it doesn't sound like a chipmunk 

Private Show is cringe worthy tbh 

Archived