I don't agree that glory is better than Blackout & in the zone

Jackk

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jackk said:

Considering coupure electrique translates to blackout.. it's pretty obvious where the sound was inspired from which does not equate to being innovative. Do you listen to any other music than brit btw? Because I could literally show you a few albums right now that have similar vibes. 

Justin timberlakes "suit and tie" is an example of glorys sound and that song was released years ago. 

Glory is amazing but not innovative sweety. Take a seat.

Then again people here are acting like top-notch music producers. lol Okay baby, if that's what you like to believe, so be it. 

8 minutes ago, luxoricious said:

I don't want to sound negative, but Blackout it's kinda overrated to me.
Radar, Hot as ice, Toy soldier, Get naked... I can't really stand any of those songs...

So yes, to me Glory it is indeed better than Blackout, maybe not better than In the zone, but I need to give it a little more spins.
Sure it has some filler songs, but overall is probably one of her most consistent album ever.

I agree that Blackout is overrated, I mean it's still a great album but it's not her best and I disagree with you about Radar and Toy Soldier because they are actually 2 of my fave BO tracks but HAI isn't that great and Get Naked is probably the most overrated song in her discography not to mention I ******* can't stand Get Back thank god it was just a bonus track  

31 minutes ago, Jackk said:

This isn't a negative thread guys! Glory is an amazing album full of amazing vocals, production and passion - possibly britneys best vocal performance EVER. 

However.. it's not innovative like Blackout and In the Zone. Glorys sound isn't generic but it also isnt different like what ITZ or Blackout was in terms of pushing the boundaries with sound. This is why those albums stood the test of time.. because it was so far in front of the trends around those times. 

Tbh I'm finding myself cringing when people say glory is better than the masterpieces that is blackout and itz. Glory has great tracks, and I'm in love with it! But cmon guys.. the productions are not ahead of the times or anything mind blowing.

Just my two cents! My favourite tracks;

Liar 

Make me 

Just like me

Love me down. 

Peace :)

It's all about personal perception hunnie, maybe it isn't better than ITZ/BO for you, but it is for other peeps, and that's cool. :bwink:

I can't really say if it's 100 percent her best because In the Zone is my favorite and has been for many years. We have to see how Glory ages to really compare them but it's definitely top 2 for me. I love Blackout but I like the diversity of ITZ and Glory. Vocally Glory is her best album in so long. As of now I'm ranking it as:

ITZ>Glory>Blackout>FF/Oops>Circus/Britney>BOMT>BJ 

3 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

It's all about personal perception hunnie, maybe it isn't better than ITZ/BO for you, but it is for other peeps, and that's cool. :bwink:

I'm not trying to steer people away from thinking it's a good album or anything. That wasn't my goal. I just wanted to share my (not so popular) opinion with everyone. 

8 minutes ago, Jackk said:

I'm not trying to steer people away from thinking it's a bad album or anything. That wasn't my goal. I just wanted to share my (not so popular) opinion with everyone. 

Totally open to listening to anyone's opinion. I'm not saying anything negative about that at all. It's a FAB album, so let's all enjoy it. You're flawless for sharing your opinion BTW. :hype:

BTW I'm not agreeing with people who say Glory is better than Blackout or In the Zone they are incomparable for me. that's all. But vocally she is caring again, and I'm loving every second of it. And I love that she is experimenting with new stuff now, though to some of you, it may not seem so new as it does to me. 

Archived