I don't agree that glory is better than Blackout & in the zone

Jackk

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackout and ITZ are straight-up masterpieces, not just in pop music but in all genres, so Glory would have to be really ******* amazing to best them.  Honestly, I feel like a lot of you might be on a major high from all the excitement and so you've quickly decided that Glory is the best thing she's ever done.  Your opinions may change in a couple months, when you've played the album into the ground and it's lost some of its shiny new luster.  Or not.  Who knows. 

For the record, I'm not trying to be negative or telling you you're wrong.  Just putting a different perspective out there. Don't drag me too hard. :eheeek:

Glory is her first album after blackout that is not outdated and has a fresh sound 

but comparing it to Blackout is just ignorance

i'm listening to Glory 24/7 and i'm SHOOK

but Blackout's impact on music is literally legendary 

Blackout made artists like Rihanna 

I think only time will tell. We can only judge an album's impact around five years down the road. Blackout's Metacritic score is just 61% while Femme Fatale is 67%. Critics argue that Blackout is an influential album despite receiving lower ratings so we can only judge an album's legacy if and when the album influences the current direction of pop music.

That said though, my present impression is, Britney's album is... mainstream. There are hints that she's pushing the envelope here and there, but I think what Glory did is legitimize the transition from EDM-driven, electronic pop, to a more subtle, mid-tempo type of music. It still has hints of EDM and dubstep but it certainly adjusted the mood from hard-hitting/industrial (Femme Fatale) to a more mature, vocals-driven sound. If anything, Glory may not be as influential as Blackout, but it's certainly a new (and better) direction than Britney Jean. 

5 hours ago, JoeBitch! said:

I think it's all down to opinions as we all have different tastes. I personally don't like ITZ all that much, I think it's all a bit samey.

My fave is Blackout but atm i'm starting to believe Glory will overtake it for me as you can tell she worked so hard on it and put major effort in whereas even though Blackout is amazing, she basically just recorded her vocals and the producers went to work to make it amazing. Glory seems to have had 100 times more effort on her part.

Guest Lord Bills

Production: Blackout > Glory | In The Zone > Femme Fatale > Circus > Britney > Oops! | BOMT > BJ

Vocals: Glory > Blackout | In The Zone > Oops! | BOMT > Britney > Circus > Femme Fatale > BJ

gretchen5.gif

5 hours ago, JoeBitch! said:

I think it's all down to opinions as we all have different tastes. I personally don't like ITZ all that much, I think it's all a bit samey.

My fave is Blackout but atm i'm starting to believe Glory will overtake it for me as you can tell she worked so hard on it and put major effort in whereas even though Blackout is amazing, she basically just recorded her vocals and the producers went to work to make it amazing. Glory seems to have had 100 times more effort on her part.

Blackout took nearly 2 years to record though....

1 minute ago, Lord Bills said:

Production: Blackout > Glory | In The Zone > Femme Fatale > Circus > Britney > Oops! | BOMT > BJ

Vocals: Glory > Blackout | In The Zone > Oops! | BOMT > Britney > Circus > Femme Fatale > BJ

gretchen5.gif

I agree with everything, except OIDIA is better than ITZ vocally imo 

gretchen5.gif

3 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

Blackout and ITZ are straight-up masterpieces, not just in pop music but in all genres, so Glory would have to be really ******* amazing to best them.  Honestly, I feel like a lot of you might be on a major high from all the excitement and so you've quickly decided that Glory is the best thing she's ever done.  Your opinions may change in a couple months, when you've played the album into the ground and it's lost some of its shiny new luster.  Or not.  Who knows. 

For the record, I'm not trying to be negative or telling you you're wrong.  Just putting a different perspective out there. Don't drag me too hard. :eheeek:

I can definitely see that. I was so overwhelmed with how great "Glory" is that i told my sister it's my new favorite over ITZ last night. But reading this thread and reflecting on how much and how long ITZ has been my absolute favorite and her best album, in my opinion, I'm going to give it a month or so to decide. And listen to them back to back in my car once the physical copy is out. 

On the other hand, it could be the deep nostalgia and long-term favoritism for ITZ, along with the recent amazing leak from its studio sessions that is keeping me from declaring "Glory" as the best or my fav.

Guest Lord Bills
1 minute ago, Greyson said:

I agree with everything, except OIDIA is better than ITZ vocally imo 

gretchen5.gif

i agree.

Oops! | ITZ | BOMT at the same level

gretchen5.gif

5 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I agree that Blackout is overrated, I mean it's still a great album but it's not her best and I disagree with you about Radar and Toy Soldier because they are actually 2 of my fave BO tracks but HAI isn't that great and Get Naked is probably the most overrated song in her discography not to mention I ******* can't stand Get Back thank god it was just a bonus track  

Bruh, we've been on the same page for all these threads surrounding "Glory" until now lol.

I agree with you. I think "Radar" is overrated. :omgpls:"Toy Soldier" was my favorite song from that album when it came out and I almost always skip "Radar" or barely listen/half listen to it lol.

I love "Get Back!" :eheeek:

It's kind of too soon to say Glory is better than In The Zone or Blackout... So far I think is up there with both albums, obviously right now I'm enjoying it more than those 2 since is a new album... I see myself loving it a lot in the future and being one of my top 3 along with B and ITZ. I just don't know if it's going to be first place, second or third place... It's definitely better than Femme Fatale (which was my 3rd album before glory) so by now I'll put it like this:

ITZ>>Blackout>Glory>>>Femme Fatale>>>>>Britney>>>OIDIA>>>Circus>>BOMT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brenda Juana:dontlike:

Archived