Glory: An album through and through.. but not a hit in sight.

IllPass

Lmao at you trying to be an actual critic.

A hit is subjective.  No one knows what is going to be a "hit".  Music changes every damn day.  Who would've thought the Macarena, Gangnam Style, etc would've been massive songs?  Anything can be a bit...and what's better is treading new territory and making something different a hit.  Whether she does that or not is up to her ability to market her music.

BTW...it's "to sum it up".

:gloria:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, IllPass said:

After unearthing the 'Glory' album one may have come to two conclusions.

I feel your response to this album as with any LP can be varied. To each their own and so forth.

But I feel once the initial euphoria wanes and good ole reality makes a reappearance there will be a blatant truth evident within the fanbase.

'Glory' is a mood album. It has an essential oomph a "je ne sais quoi" which never materialises into what I would deem a blockbuster hit.

It hits certain pillars and bounces on to the next one. It satisfies many desires in the fanbase which have gone neglected over the years.

This album is striking in the sense that it is an album, which we know Britney has had quite many fingerprints on and for this we salute her. Her voice more daring than the norm.

This is an album that as a whole is completely satisfying from a stan viewpoint.

To the everyday Joe. This album may appear somewhat flimsical.. too 'all-inclusive' too somewhat aghast at the objectives one has set for oneself.

To some it up. This is an album for the fans. It has never been so obviously targeted at her base.

And if you're a fan.. heck that ain't half bad at all!

Like what is your point? That this is for the fans.. Thanks for the obvious

33 minutes ago, f_rhythm said:

After hearing most of the album n some snippets i can say this album doesnt contain Gimme More neither it has Toxic vibey song. Maybe they intended to create a good album from top to the end not relying on such hits.( Theyve already stated they r going a chill sound) n they succeeded.bcuz i feel like its an album ill stream without skipping any track. As i said it doesnt have an innovative uptempo strong hit dance track such as Toxic or MATM but it has Slumber Party which i believe Will stick on peoples mind if its released as a single and many other good songs u wont skip while streaming when u have a walk :gelis: 

Honestly, I can't skip any track because the emotions the album brings to me flow continously

Archived