Is “Slumber Party” Britney’s best video since “Work B”?

Personally, I believe it is… & I’ll explain why. Going back to 2013, her Britney Jean era was a complete disaster, & her passion was absent from her work, understandably. However, the visuals for “Work B” somehow managed to emanate good, fresh energy, & she looked absolutely amazing, but that “semi-glow” reverted to absolute dullness following the video’s release. 

Inversely, almost three years later came her album Glory, a phase when Britney & her music were seemingly more vibrant — & the “Slumber Party” video is a clear representation that. Britney was present & focused, especially when compared to her “Make Me” music video. She also appeared more confident, & exuded genuine sassiness, specifically during those amazing long table scenes. The production was obviously stellar, but more importantly, there was some “spark,” the same one that ostensibly comes & goes, ever since her initial comeback. Hence, why I associate this video with some of the better “current” moments of her career.

Here’s the MV:

Do you feel the same way about “Slumber Party”?

• Love 3
  • Like 1

The only thing I wish they would’ve done during this video shoot, was to film scenes for the solo version of the song as well, since it would’ve equaled easy promo, & additional content for the fans. Other than that, & the odd lip fillers, everything else is absolutely perfect, imo.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, femmef4toole said:

Lmao. I’m scared to voice this. I think it’s better than WB & is her best since Do Somethin :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

Don’t be afraid to voice your opinion. If it makes you feel any better, I also think it’s better than “WB.” Fun fact, I don’t like her video for “Do Somethin’,” I find it boring.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, DoYouDare? said:

Don’t be afraid to voice your opinion. If it makes you feel any better, I also think it’s better than “WB.” Fun fact, I don’t like her video for “Do Somethin’,” I find it boring.

Haha I know. People can get v passionate on here though. WB is what you said - The visuals were amazing. It’s the best she’s looked in a long time but it does seem to be faked energy. 

Ya DS isn’t that great , I think I just like how pretty she looks! And I choose any visual with her straight hair over curls so I’m clearly biased haha.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Jaime Munoz said:

Totally agree. In wb she looks great but it was messy 

Right!? The 2nd verse was edited by S4tan. It’s arguably the best choreography and they mixed in shots of the end of the song. Where was the dip below the waist!? Clown shxt!

EDIT: I truly believe they wanted her to look good… But not great. It was nice that Slumber Party’s dance sequences were linear - Clearly changed editors!

Edited by femmef4toole
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Agyness said:

She is stunning in this music video, her face is beautiful, relaxed, the dance scenes are fluid, she is confident and ****, I really like it, and yes I think that along with "Work *****", it's the best music video post 2010. 

162355.gif

Exactly, I almost consider it one of her “flawless” videos in a long time, & I wish she would’ve done more Glory promo.

• Love 1

I never cared for the WB music video. It has some good visuals but it came across as forced and boring to me. Slumber Party deserves to be up there with her best videos from the primeney years. What I don't like about the slumber party video is that it's too dark (her primeney videos were brighter), it cuts away from the choreography (who can follow it if the editing is cutting away from it), her lips looking weird in the beginning that they had to smooth them over digitally, Tinasha being in the video (she added nothing to it no different vibe, no star power)

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

I never cared for the WB music video. It has some good visuals but it came across as forced and boring to me. Slumber Party deserves to be up there with her best videos from the primeney years. What I don't like about the slumber party video is that it's too dark (her primeney videos were brighter), it cuts away from the choreography (who can follow it if the editing is cutting away from it), her lips looking weird in the beginning that they had to smooth them over digitally, Tinasha being in the video (she added nothing to it no different vibe, no star power)

I agree, but you can’t deny that coming from her FF era (which was terrible, imo), “WB” felt refreshing, & she had somewhat of a glow to her, which had been absent in 2011-2012. There’s no doubt though, that “Slumber Party” is definitely above “WB,” & really close to perfection — but I wanted to use it as reference, since “WB” is one of her more acceptable visuals since her Circus era, in order to get my point across. I truly wish they would’ve recorded scenes for a solo version of the song though, since I also think the remix brought nothing new, or interesting. Amazing video though, one of her best.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, warioaddams said:

It is one of her Best videos and it was the right direction to go. I wish they continued releasing more music videos for Glory.

This is Britney at her super star level, showing what she's capable of when focused on her craft. I hope we get to see her like this once again.

Me too, her Glory era deserved more promo. This was definitely Britney delivering only her best, & I sure hope at some point she brings massive confidence to her videos again.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DoYouDare? said:

Personally, I believe it is… & I’ll explain why. Going back to 2013, her Britney Jean era was a complete disaster, & her passion was absent from her work, understandably. However, the visuals for “Work B” somehow managed to emanate good, fresh energy, & she looked absolutely amazing, but that “semi-glow” reverted to absolute dullness following the video’s release. 

Inversely, almost three years later came her album Glory, a phase when Britney & her music were seemingly more vibrant — & the “Slumber Party” video is a clear representation that. Britney was present & focused, especially when compared to her “Make Me” music video. She also appeared more confident, & exuded genuine sassiness, specifically during those amazing long table scenes. The production was obviously stellar, but more importantly, there was some “spark,” the same one that ostensibly comes & goes, ever since her initial comeback. Hence, why I associate this video with some of the better “current” moments of her career.

Here’s the MV:

Do you feel the same way about “Slumber Party”?

>>>Work Myah :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.