What Do You Think of “Tom’s Diner”?

To be honest, I enjoyed the production of the song. However, I do feel like it missed just a few more sessions to get all of Britney’s parts “just right.” Her vocals did seem to lack some vitality, which made the verses sound slightly boring —& the absence of her voice in the bridge made it feel incomplete. Although, I still think it’s a decent cover, despite its subjective downsides. Just my opinion.

Here’s the song:

What are your thoughts on this track?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Frankie8 said:

I forget it exists. She sounds like she's sleeping through the song.There's no pop to it. The vocals don't stand out and the production doesn't stand out either. It's all very bland

Yes, I get what you mean. The vocals do feel one-dimensional. I believe the song could’ve been analyzed a bit more prior to its release, but the factors behind that are hazy. That said, I still think the production is fairly good, subjectively —& I appreciate your comment

I think its great and i like it better than the original and britney should have promoted tf out of it cause it has great potential. Its actually not even too late now cause it does have a timeless melody. Are we starting a justcefortomsdinner htag??? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, N6488 said:

I liked it. But I do remember reading that they had trouble getting Britney to finish the recording and getting her to do the bridge. So he did the bridge and that’s the worst part of the song 

I heard something about that. It’s a shame though, since it might’ve added that extra “seasoning” it’s sort of missing.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.