I'm still not convinced that "Everytime" is about Britney's unborn baby

Fita

Before you'll start saying Girl, read the f- book... I did it. And navigating through the lyrics of the song, I don't see a concrete reason to believe that Britney is talking about their baby. It still seems to me that Britney is talking about the feelings (regrets, sorrow...) surrouding the relationship of her and Justin (and part of it comes from the experience of the another writer of the song, If I'm not mistaken). Like a break up song, really. And even rewatching the MV of Everytime it seems to me that it's all about more like in a reincarnation/spiritual perspective and reflective of the fame. And maaaybe about a baby girl the couple of the video couldn't have in life, so it was born with another mother. But I'm open to the discussion, go ahead :).

I'm leaving the video and the lyrics here to make it easier:

Notice me
Take my hand
Why are we
Strangers when
Our love is strong?
Why carry on without me?

And every time I try to fly I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
And every time I see you in my dreams
I see your face
It's haunting me
I guess I need you baby

I make-believe
That you are here
It's the only way
That I see clear
What have I done?
You seem to move on easy

I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
I see your face
You're haunting me
I guess I need you baby

I may have made it rain
Please forgive me
My weakness caused you pain
And this song's my sorry

At night I pray
That soon your face will fade away

I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
I see your face
You're haunting me
I guess I need you baby

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Some crackpots made it about her baby and it permeated through the fanbase who has then made it their mission to spread this to anyone who will listen.

It's about a breakup. It was always about a breakup. It's about Justin as we all know. It was confirmed the song is a breakup song. Where fans have latched on to it being about the baby, I don't know why, but they have spammed the corners of the internet to tell non fans it's about her unborn child.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Song - no, it’s about Justin. The lyrics to me talk about an ex-lover.

Video - a reference to a baby, yes

edit: I found what looks like handwritten lyrics 

it does say “you seem to move uneasy” which doesn’t make sense to me. But the “why carry on without me” is definitely about an ex.

Edited by j4j05
  • Love 1
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Fita said:

Before you'll start saying Girl, read the f- book... I did it. And navigating through the lyrics of the song, I don't see a concrete reason to believe that Britney is talking about their baby. It still seems to me that Britney is talking about the feelings (regrets, sorrow...) surrouding the relationship of her and Justin (and part of it comes from the experience of the another writer of the song, If I'm not mistaken). Like a break up song, really. And even rewatching the MV of Everytime it seems to me that it's all about more like in a reincarnation/spiritual perspective and reflective of the fame. And maaaybe about a baby girl the couple of the video couldn't have in life, so it was born with another mother. But I'm open to the discussion, go ahead :).

I'm leaving the video and the lyrics here to make it easier:

Notice me
Take my hand
Why are we
Strangers when
Our love is strong?
Why carry on without me?

I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
I see your face
It's haunting me
I guess I need you baby

I make-believe
That you are here
It's the only way
That I see clear
What have I done?
You seem to move on easy

I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
I see your face
You're haunting me
I guess I need you baby

I may have made it rain
Please forgive me
My weakness caused you pain
And this song's my sorry

At night I pray
That soon your face will fade away

I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
I see your face
You're haunting me
I guess I need you baby

I think it’s both. Obviously it’s not all about the baby since the co-writer didn’t even know about the abor**on but Britney definitely purposefully created some lyrics that could have a double meaning to her and JT.

Besides, the song was written before they even broke up. So I think it was about the baby and how their relationship was already starting to fall apart while he moved on way too easy.

• Like 1

It’s about the breakup. Some fans tried to make it about the ab*rtion only after the book came out. The co-writer also said it wasn’t about that. As for the video it’s more about reincarnation than anything else

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Fans had said they found ‘whole new meaning’ in the 2003 pop song after singer’s recent abor**on revelation

• Like 1

The lyrics and the melody are so good. One of my all time favorites. I dont care what it was originally about. It speaks to me in my own way. 

I remember buying ITZ for the first time and listening to it before any videos came out (except MATM). First time I heard Toxic. First time I heard everytime. I was not prepaired.

I have been misspelling everytime ever since 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The song  itself is about the breakup. The video goes deeper and provides a visual commentary on fame, etc.  The baby scene to me, is about reincarnation. The video goes  and touches on spiritual imagery related to Hinduism and kabala. It’s never been about the abor**on though from my understanding 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, knee Queen of pop said:

I think it’s both. Obviously it’s not all about the baby since the co-writer didn’t even know about the abor**on but Britney definitely purposefully created some lyrics that could have a double meaning to her and JT.

Besides, the song was written before they even broke up. So I think it was about the baby and how their relationship was already starting to fall apart while he moved on way too easy.

If I remember correctly EveryTime was released after Cry me A River… maybe it was Britney’s subtle F U to Justin.  A nod to their unborn baby that only he would pick up on.

Edited by Bingjmljr

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.