Who Are The True Fans? Defending Britney Or Calling Out Her Behavior?

I’ve been told for years on this site that im not a “real fan”, because I’m ok with criticizing Britney. My opinion, I’m an original Britney Fan… not since day one, didn’t love BOMT, but she hooked me with Oops! And it was a wild ride from there. I hate what was done to her, that being said we all go through hardships and i don’t think our hardships give us permission to behave badly. Not sure that defending “bad behavior” makes you a true fan,  but there are a lot of people on this site that think defending Britney no matter what is what being a true fan is all about. So I’m curious about the difference of opinion. What makes a true fan?

Edited by Bingjmljr
  • Like 1

Real fans are the ones who mind their own business, enjoy the music, dancing to death to My Prerogative, and are definitely not schizophrenics like you, a fan of Sabrina Carpenter, yet spending your time on Exhale trying to convince Britney's fans that Sabrina is better, when we couldn’t care less about her. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, Agyness said:

Real fans are the ones who mind their own business, enjoy the music, dancing to death to My Prerogative, and are definitely not schizophrenics like you, a fan of Sabrina Carpenter, yet spending your time on Exhale trying to convince Britney's fans that Sabrina is better, when we couldn’t care less about her. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

If you’re gonna pay that much attention to me you should probably read carefully. Never tried to convince anyone Sabrina Carpenter is better than Britney Spears. That being said Britney herself seems to be paying attention to SC according to her latest cringy IG post. 

13 minutes ago, Agyness said:

Oh my god this was so aggressive, I’m literally shaking in fear reading it’s just so so aggressive. The Britney purists always have sailors mouths. The way you throw schizophrenic around as an insult. You must have borderline personality disorder as you can be very very rude out of nowhere. Seek help 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, monalisaney81 said:

I think theres a balance. Fans who attack her for things like her appearance are the bad while the fans that downplay and support every messy thing she does are even worse.

I agree… I always wonder how I’d feel if Britney was a family member and I knew her well… would I defend the behavior or would I be over it.

8 minutes ago, PerfectLover. said:

The real fans are the ones who love her music and don't hate on her for everything she does.

I'm not saying I would defend everything she does, but if you make fun of her for her teeth, say she's mentally ill and should be put under a new conservatorship, then you're not a fan.

I agree… but when she posts on social media people have a right to have an opinion.

And her weird behaviors are justified because she was 13 years without being able to do anything because of her father, she was forced to perform in order to see her children, the paparazzi followed her everywhere and in every magazine she was laughed at.

If I had lived what she lived, I'd have been worse than her, I wouldn't have been able to endure all that, she's a very strong woman.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PerfectLover. said:

And her weird behaviors are justified because she was 13 years without being able to do anything because of her father, she was forced to perform in order to see her children, the paparazzi followed her everywhere and in every magazine she was laughed at.

If I had lived what she lived, I'd have been worse than her, I wouldn't have been able to endure all that, she's a very strong woman.

I don’t agree…She has the ability now to make her own decisions and doesn’t seem to be making great ones.

8 minutes ago, Bingjmljr said:

I agree… but when she posts on social media people have a right to have an opinion.

lets see your social media then, so we can have and opinion of the stuff you post or how ugly or fat or old you are, or how is your skin or your teeth, or if you are friend with druggies or if your life is a faliure

Edited by one2threesaymyname

I know Britney had a hard life but I love her with all her flaws. I love her and i want what's best for her that's why i think she should be called out on her bad behaviour. It is wrecking her life. It might ruin it completely. I wish somebody in her life talked some sense into her. She can deal with her struggles offline. There is not need to put it out publicly. And yes, she has to address the outcome of what those losers have done to her. 

Defending Britney right now would be akin to defending someone who has anorexia and doesnt eat to stay skinny like a skeleton 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
Just now, one2threesaymyname said:

lets see your social media then, so we can have and opinion of the stuff you post or how ugly or fat you are, or how is your skin or your teeth, or if you are friend with druggies or if your life is a faliure

I don’t really understand this comment. I’ve never been cruel or judged Britney’s appearance… and she chooses for her instagram to be public. That being said you would see me and my family and happy moments on my instagram… since your interested.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.