Britney says her upcoming project is NOT a biopic and is fictional

But Universal bought the rights to her book and her music catalogue specifically? I wonder if this was never a biopic but instead a musical inspired by the book and her story (maybe to prevent people like Justin or Lou Taylor from suing cause of their portrayal in it? Or maybe even to add certain things she left out of the book without running the risk of facing legal repercussions).

Or maybe she’s only saying this to fan off negative attention for now. Regardless I’m curious to see where this is gonna be taken, especially with her saying she’ll be playing a character in it… she’s probably gonna be much more involved than we think

Edited by knee Queen of pop
  • Like 1

I was surprised that Britney wanted to do a biopic to begin with, so this makes more sense. I also think that so many things have happened in his life that it cannot be summarized in a biopic, it would need 5 biopics, or a  serie.

Besides, you need time to be able to do a biopic well (write the script, tell the details...) and it doesn't seem to me that they have had time. It seems like something happened suddenly.

I don't like musicals but maybe this is good. And she would appear (in a biopic she would not appear).

• Like 1
8 hours ago, theodoritasenorita said:

Also, if nothing has been set in stone, they can change the creative direction to a fictional musical ... the change would probably save lots of legal fees and avoid any potential libel claims from the likes of JT, K-fed, who knows... plus, maybe there might be more sauce to the story than her book, which would be WILDLY entertaining. 

Learning from Baby Reindeer mistakes!!! Woot woot. Go, Britney!

this is exactly it. If that's the case, it's a smart move on her and the director's part

13 minutes ago, descg said:

I was surprised that Britney wanted to do a biopic to begin with, so this makes more sense. I also think that so many things have happened in his life that it cannot be summarized in a biopic, it would need 5 biopics, or a  serie.

Besides, you need time to be able to do a biopic well (write the script, tell the details...) and it doesn't seem to me that they have had time. It seems like something happened suddenly.

I don't like musicals but maybe this is good. And she would appear (in a biopic she would not appear).

The woman in me adaptation does not have writers attached yet. Universal Pictures only made the announcement, but this will take years to happen. Plus Jon W Chu still has Wicked part 2 in 2025 so they won't start production until after that. Nothing is moving fast, even this book rights battle took months. 

Edited by Pablitonizer

I don’t believe anything she says and haven’t for awhile. 

I’ll believe it when I see it plus anything that involves her “career” never goes the way we want it too these past couple years so I don’t get my hopes up anymore 

34 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

It’s like she lives in an alternate reality at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if nothing ever comes of this. 

And maybe it's for the best.

Britney shouldn't be involved in anything career related if she doesn't want to... in recent years we have Britney basically shading projects they keep pretending "she worked hard" and is so passionate about... 

The woman didn't even promote her "super personal" book other than two instagram videos of 10 seconds, one of them her reading a script.

I wouldn’t be surprise if she wants to destroy (in her own way) any new project she didn't agree (but had to) to do. It's clear something is going on between Britney and her team, they don’t speak the same language anymore. 

It will be bad for her image,  but I lowkey hope this movie project ends before money is spent. Britney needs to want to do this, that's not one of the easy cash grabs like a skate line, or at least shouldn't.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jibreel said:

"Fictional musical where I play an extremely intelligent character?"

This one AND posting with Rockabye? We're no longer being so suttle my Lady. I kinda like this. It's getting a little scary also.

The clock is ticking. It's still mostly you and me. If we keep going like this though, there could be one huge "Oh!" moment for everyone upcoming.

All hail Her Supreme Genious!

(is there even another layer here Brit, often there is, this time I'm in doubt?)

No people the biopic is real. Its a seperate thing. The project she might be doing is a fictional musical. The one referred to in the quotation and that's the one where I'm in doubt if there's another layer. It may not be literal in that way.

3 hours ago, MissDebbie said:

I'm so confused! This reminds me when she came up with the fake story about she playing a very dark role in 2007 and that's why she was acting so erratic because she was method acting lol!

Biopic or not I love to see her work and busy. And I would love to see her on a movie again!

Maybe that’s what she’s been doing these past couple of years? The Selena shade, the hotel incident, the spa behaviour, dating a criminal - maybe she was just getting into character for this role?

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, MissDebbie said:

I'm so confused! This reminds me when she came up with the fake story about she playing a very dark role in 2007 and that's why she was acting so erratic because she was method acting lol!

Biopic or not I love to see her work and busy. And I would love to see her on a movie again!

Lol. She was being sarcastic....I understand she trolls and contradicts herself, but we should try to stop hanging on to every word she says. 

I do feel what she meant to say here though is that her 'biopic' won't follow the same formulaic structure a lot of biopics tend to do (i.e. see every movie that's been about the life of a rock star/musician). 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Firstly, Britney has spoken about HMC, how it came about and her experiences with it, the producer of it spoke about it and praised her and Elton John praised her. We have videos of her supporting the song, and responding to it's response. Maybe it's something she wanted to do.

If the label wanted to bank on her, they'd use the contract to make her record or release older work, because she'd be contractually obliged. 

Thirdly, Britney wasn't against people retelling her story, she didn't like it done without her knowledge or approval. She's made that clear countless times.

1 - yes. She said she was a background singer, Elton had to fix it, but that’s what she said it the first time 

We have one video of Britney actually talking about the song briefly and thanking Elton, others like she walking and the song playing or thanking Drew Barrymore... she didn't talk about it.

Britney released an old song last year, the horrendous manjobi. Back in 2022 the FreeBritney was still fresh in everyone's minds and HMC was promoted as the "first freedom song" of Britney. Elton changed at least two times the story of how the featuring happened. He is from a different label, RCA got money from this.

Britney said she is not dead to have a biopic, cute you left that out... Basketball Wives Reality Tv GIF by VH1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.