What Was The “Mannequin” Rehearsal Video For?

I always felt like this was forced on us by team con as a way to boost ticket sales and show people she could still dance.

as her last official performance in people’s mind had been the 2007 VMAs .

looking back the choreography is indeed good but that ”passion” that she danced with, so effortlessly, smoothly and just mesmerizing was honestly not there… and it hadn’t been there since like 2004 tbh.

i know this sound extreme but I feel Britney was in some sort of conservatorship-like atmosphere her whole life.

she was seen as a product by her family and everyone surrounding her that made her money cared more about selling her talent than Britney the person.

and I think this is probably what changed after 2003. she started to become more herself. she stated to rebel. she was over being told what to do and wanted to live her life and take a break.

Edited by super.nova
  • Love 6
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Agyness said:

They refused to let Andre Fuentes be near her because of dr**s, yet they knowingly drugged her for 13 years with extremely strong medication, those sons of the devil. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

I hope Britney gets better soon, & that she truly finds her happiness  :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, super.nova said:

I always felt like this was forced on us by team con as a way to boost ticket sales and show people she could still dance.

as her last official performance in people’s mind had been the 2007 VMAs .

looking back the choreography is indeed good but that ”passion” that she danced with, so effortlessly, smoothly and just mesmerizing was honestly not there… and it hadn’t been there since like 2004 

I definitely see your point, but I (personally) do see passion in her dancing. I mean, she wasn’t 2004 Britney, but she came very close in this clip

• Love 3
  • Like 1

To create hype!

I remember when this video was leaked days before the VMAs. People were losing their minds, out of nowhere, like nothing had happened, there she was, Primeney! :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

From For The Record, she did different routines and choreographies for future performances. 

RIP

Andre Fuentes

:kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Edited by MissDebbie
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, MissDebbie said:

To create hype!

I remember when this video was leaked days before the VMAs. People were losing their minds, out of nowhere, like nothing had happened, there she was, Primeney! :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

From For The Record, she did different routines and choreographies for future performances. 

RIP

Andre Fuentes

:kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

She really went all out during 2008. It’s like she was rubbing against the surface of her Primeney era, & she looked great too :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 4

This video breaks my heart a little. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I love this song and the choreography was just the right mix of slow and fast. André made simple movements look so fluid and she still danced lightly and smoothly.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, super.nova said:

i know this sound extreme but I feel Britney was in some sort of conservatorship-like atmosphere her whole life.

she was seen as a product by her family and everyone surrounding her that made her money cared more about selling her talent than Britney the person.

and I think this is probably what changed after 2003. she started to become more herself. she stated to rebel. she was over being told what to do and wanted to live her life and take a break.

Bingo. I’ve been saying the same thing. And it just sucks because it seemed like she was doing everything she could to get rid of the toxic people in her life from 2005-2007, but in the end… they still got her. That’s one of the most tragic parts of the conservatorship. 

(sorry to derail your thread OP)

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Z91 said:

In the comments:

It’s because Andre (the choreographer) was removed from the Circus tour for failing a dr*g test for *********. Britney under the conservatorship couldn’t be around anyone with dr**s, no matter how tame or how serious. So they brought in a new choreographer (Jamie King) to do the rest of the era and tour. Andre only made it to the Womanizer / Circus routines and very early tour rehearsals.

It’s a shame she never performed it live :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

I mean we did get it live. It was just a very watered down version!

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.